Brand History, Geography, and the Persistence of Brand Shares
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul B. Ellickson, 2007. "Does Sutton apply to supermarkets?," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 38(1), pages 43-59, March.
- Keane, Michael P, 1997. "Modeling Heterogeneity and State Dependence in Consumer Choice Behavior," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 15(3), pages 310-327, July.
- Shaked, Avner & Sutton, John, 1987. "Product Differentiation and Industrial Structure," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(2), pages 131-146, December.
- Guillermo Israilevich, 2004. "Assessing Supermarket Product-Line Decisions: The Impact of Slotting Fees," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 141-167, June.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1982.
"Product Differentiation Advantages of Pioneering Brands,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 349-365, June.
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1980. "Product differentiation advantages of pioneering brands," Working papers 1140-80., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Sanjay K. Dhar & Stephen J. Hoch, 1997. "Why Store Brand Penetration Varies by Retailer," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 16(3), pages 208-227.
- Tülin Erdem, 1996. "A Dynamic Analysis of Market Structure Based on Panel Data," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(4), pages 359-378.
- Matthew Shum, 2004. "Does Advertising Overcome Brand Loyalty? Evidence from the Breakfast-Cereals Market," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(2), pages 241-272, June.
- K. Sridhar Moorthy, 1988. "Product and Price Competition in a Duopoly," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(2), pages 141-168.
- Christina L. Brown & James M. Lattin, 1994. "Investigating the Relationship Between Time in Market and Pioneering Advantage," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(10), pages 1361-1369, October.
- John Greenhut & M. L. Greenhut & Sheng-yung Li, 1980. "Spatial Pricing Patterns in the United States," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 94(2), pages 329-350.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Soren T. Anderson & Ryan Kellogg & Ashley Langer & James M. Sallee, 2015. "The Intergenerational Transmission of Automobile Brand Preferences," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(4), pages 763-793, December.
- Son, Jungmin & Kim, Jikyung (Jeanne) & Choi, Jeonghye & Kim, Mingyung, 2017. "Linking online niche sales to offline brand conditions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 74-84.
- Szymanowski, M.G., 2009. "Consumption-based learning about brand quality : Essays on how private labels share and borrow reputation," Other publications TiSEM b12825d8-5e21-4437-adda-b, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Thomas W. Quan & Kevin R. Williams, 2016.
"Product Variety, Across-Market Demand Heterogeneity, and the Value of Online Retail,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
2054, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Thomas W. Quan & Kevin R. Williams, 2017. "Product Variety, Across-Market Demand Heterogeneity, and the Value of Online Retail," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 2054R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Thomas W. Quan & Kevin R. Williams, 2017. "Product Variety, Across-Market Demand Heterogeneity, and the Value of Online Retail," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 2054R2, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Oct 2017.
- Volpe III, Rickard James, 2014. "National Brands, Private Labels, and Food Price Inflation," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 46(04), November.
- Bart Bronnenberg & Sanjay Dhar & Jean-Pierre Dubé, 2011. "Endogenous sunk costs and the geographic differences in the market structures of CPG categories," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 1-23, March.
- Ron Shachar & Tülin Erdem & Keisha M. Cutright & Gavan J. Fitzsimons, 2011. "Brands: The Opiate of the Nonreligious Masses?," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(1), pages 92-110, 01-02.
- Jay Pil Choi & Seung-Hyun Hong & Seonghoon Jeon, 2013. "Local Identity and Persistent Leadership in Market Share Dynamics: Evidence from Deregulation in the Korean Soju Industry," Korean Economic Review, Korean Economic Association, vol. 29, pages 267-304.
- Peter C. Reiss, 2011. "Structural Workshop Paper --Descriptive, Structural, and Experimental Empirical Methods in Marketing Research," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(6), pages 950-964, November.
- repec:eee:inecon:v:110:y:2018:i:c:p:135-150 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cosar, Kerem & Grieco, Paul L. E. & Li, Shengyu & Tintelnot, Felix, 2015.
"What Drives Home Market Advantage?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
10852, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- A. Kerem Cosar & Paul L. E. Grieco & Shengyu Li & Felix Tintelnot, 2015. "What Drives Home Market Advantage?," CESifo Working Paper Series 5544, CESifo Group Munich.
- A. Kerem Cosar & Paul L. E. Grieco & Shengyu Li & Felix Tintelnot, 2015. "What Drives Home Market Advantage?," NBER Working Papers 21583, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nathan Yang, 2011. "An Empirical Model of Industry Dynamics with Common Uncertainty and Learning from the Actions of Competitors," Working Papers 11-16, NET Institute.
- G. de Jong & C.L. Behrens & H. van Herk & E.T. Verhoef, 2017. "Domestic Market Power in the International Airline Industry," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 17-009/VIII, Tinbergen Institute, revised 20 Mar 2018.
- Mongey, Simon, 2017. "Market Structure and Monetary Non-neutrality," Staff Report 558, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Nishida, Mitsukuni, 2016. "First-Mover Advantage through Distribution: A Decomposition Approach," HIT-REFINED Working Paper Series 42, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Arthur Fishman & Ziv Hellman & Avi Weiss, 2016. "Investing in Long-Term Customer Relationships," Working Papers 2016-07, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Chen, Chia-Wen, 2014. "Estimating the foreclosure effect of exclusive dealing: Evidence from the entry of specialty beer producers," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 47-64.
- Oliver J. Rutz & Garrett P. Sonnier, 2011. "The Evolution of Internal Market Structure," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(2), pages 274-289, 03-04.
- Larkin, Yelena, 2013. "Brand perception, cash flow stability, and financial policy," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 110(1), pages 232-253.
- Dawes, John, 2014. "Cigarette brand loyalty and purchase patterns: An examination using US consumer panel data," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(9), pages 1933-1943.
- Mitsukuni Nishida & Nathan Yang, 2014. "Better Together? Retail Chain Performance Dynamics in Store Expansion Before and After Mergers," Working Papers 14-08, NET Institute.
- Carl F. Mela, 2011. "Structural Workshop Paper --Data Selection and Procurement," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(6), pages 965-976, November.
- Antonelli Cristiano & Crespi, Francesco & Scellato, Giuseppe, 2013.
"Path Dependent Patterns of Persistence in Productivity Growth,"
Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio
201310, University of Turin.
- Antonelli, Cristiano & Crespi, Francesco & Scellato, Giuseppe, 2013. "Path Dependent Patterns of Persistence in Productivity Growth," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201323, University of Turin.
- Thompson, Ann-Marie K., 2010. "Golder's historical method in research in marketing," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(12), pages 1269-1272, December.
- Nurski, Laura & Verboven, Frank, 2014. "Incumbency advantages, distribution networks and exclusivity — Evidence from the European car markets," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 75-79.
More about this item
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Brand History, Geography, and the Persistence of Brand Shares (JPE 2009) in ReplicationWiki
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:117:y:2009:i:1:p:87-115. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.