Banking Sector Fragility and Turkey’s 2000–01 Financial Crisis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Craig Burnside & Martin Eichenbaum & Sergio Rebelo, 2001.
"Prospective Deficits and the Asian Currency Crisis,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 109(6), pages 1155-1197, December.
- Burnside, Craig & Eichenbaum, Martin & Rebelo, Sérgio, 1998. "Prospective Deficits and the Asian Currency Crises," CEPR Discussion Papers 2015, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Burnside, C. & Eichenbaum, M. & Rebelo, S., 1998. "Prospective Deficits and the Asian Currency Crisis," RCER Working Papers 458, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Craig Burnside & Martin Eichenbaum & Sergio Rebelo, 1998. "Prospective deficits and the Asian currency crisis," Working Paper Series WP-98-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Burnside, Craig*Eichenbaum, Martin*Rebelo, Sergi, 1999. "Prospective deficits and the asian currency crisis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2174, The World Bank.
- Craig Burnside & Martin Eichenbaum & Sergio Rebelo, 1998. "Prospective Deficits and the Asian Currency Crisis," NBER Working Papers 6758, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Krugman, Paul, 1979. "A Model of Balance-of-Payments Crises," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 11(3), pages 311-325, August.
- Calvo, Guillermo A, 1988. "Servicing the Public Debt: The Role of Expectations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(4), pages 647-661, September.
- Velasco, A. & Chang, R., 1998. "The Asian Liquidity Crisis," Working Papers 98-27, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Ilan Goldfajn & Roberto Rigobon, 2000. "Hard currency and financial development," Textos para discussão 438, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Calvo, Guillermo A. & Vegh, Carlos A., 1999.
"Inflation stabilization and bop crises in developing countries,"
Handbook of Macroeconomics,in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 24, pages 1531-1614
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Carlos A. Vegh, 1999. "Inflation Stabilization and BOP Crises in Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 6925, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Rose, Andrew K., 1996.
"Currency crashes in emerging markets: An empirical treatment,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3-4), pages 351-366, November.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Andrew K. Rose, 1996. "Currency crashes in emerging markets: an empirical treatment," International Finance Discussion Papers 534, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Flood, Robert P. & Marion, Nancy P., 2000.
"Self-fulfilling risk predictions:: an application to speculative attacks,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 245-268, February.
- Robert P Flood & Nancy P. Marion, 1998. "Self-Fulfilling Risk Predictions; An Application to Speculative Attacks," IMF Working Papers 98/124, International Monetary Fund.
- Atish R. Ghosh & Anne-Marie Gulde & Holger C. Wolf, 2003. "Exchange Rate Regimes: Choices and Consequences," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262072408, March.
- Flood, Robert P. & Garber, Peter M., 1984. "Collapsing exchange-rate regimes : Some linear examples," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1-2), pages 1-13, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fatih Ozatay, 2008.
"Expansionary Fiscal Consolidations: New Evidence from Turkey,"
0805, TOBB University of Economics and Technology, Department of Economics.
- Fatih Özatay, 2008. "Expansionary Fiscal Consolidations: New Evidence from Turkey," Working Papers 406, Economic Research Forum, revised 06 Jan 2008.
- Köksal, Bülent, 2009. "A Comparison of Conditional Volatility Estimators for the ISE National 100 Index Returns," MPRA Paper 30510, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kosuke Aoki & Gianluca Benigno & Nobuhiro Kiyotaki, 2009.
"Capital Flows and Asset Prices,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER International Seminar on Macroeconomics 2007, pages 175-216
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aoki, Kosuke & Benigno, Gianluca & Kiyotak, Nobuhiro, 2007. "Capital flows and asset prices," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3168, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Kosuke Aoki & Gianluca Benigno & Nobuhiro Kiyotaki, 2009. "Capital Flows and Asset Prices," CEP Discussion Papers dp0921, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Aoki, Kosuke & Benigno, Gianluca & Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro, 2009. "Capital flows and asset prices," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 25487, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ari, Ali & Dagtekin, Rustem, 2007.
"Les Indicateurs d'Alerte de la Crise Financière de 2000-2001 en Turquie: Un Modèle de Prévision de Crise Jumelle
[Early Warning Indicators of the 2000-2001 Turkish Financial Crisis: A Twin Crisis P," MPRA Paper 25856, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ugur Ciplak, 2007. "Real Exchange Rate Fluctuations and Relative Prices in Turkey," Central Bank Review, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, vol. 7(2), pages 29-48.
- Laeven, Luc & Valencia, Fabián, 2012. "The use of blanket guarantees in banking crises," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 1220-1248.
- repec:nbr:nberch:13320 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ozlem Aytac, 2008. "A Model of Exchange-Rate-Based Stabilization for Turkey," Caepr Working Papers 2008-001, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Wajih Khallouli & Mahmoud Sami Nabi, 2010. "Financial Crises’ Prevention and Recovery," Working Papers 529, Economic Research Forum, revised 06 Jan 2010.
- Ekin Ayşe Özşuca & Elif Akbostancı, 2016. "An Empirical Analysis of the Risk-Taking Channel of Monetary Policy in Turkey," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(3), pages 589-609, March.
- repec:mes:emfitr:v:52:y:2016:i:3:p:589-609 is not listed on IDEAS
- Unal Zenginobuz & Sumru Altug, 2009. "What has been the Role of Investment in Turkey's Growth Performance?," Working Papers 2009/02, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Münür Yayla & Alper Hekimoglu & Mahmut Kutlukaya, 2008. "Financial Stability of the Turkish Banking Sector," Journal of BRSA Banking and Financial Markets, Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency, vol. 2(1), pages 9-26.
- Ari, Ali, 2008. "An Early Warning Signals Approach for Currency Crises: The Turkish Case," MPRA Paper 25858, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2009.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-01-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2006-01-01 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-FMK-2006-01-01 (Financial Markets)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tcb:wpaper:0308. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ozlem Ekmekciler Ramalho Rocha) or (Ilker Cakar). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/tcmgvtr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.