Hunger in the former apartheid homelands: Determinants of converging food security 100 years after the 1913 Land Act
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephan Klasen & Ingrid Woolard, 2009.
"Surviving Unemployment Without State Support: Unemployment and Household Formation in South Africa,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 18(1), pages 1-51, January.
- Klasen, Stephan & Woolard, Ingrid, 2000. "Surviving Unemployment without State Support: Unemployment and Household Formation in South Africa," IZA Discussion Papers 237, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Stephen Klasen & Ingrid Woolard, 2005. "Surviving unemployment without state support: Unemployment and household formation in South Africa," SALDRU/CSSR Working Papers 129, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Stephan Klasen & Ingrid Woolard, 2001. "Surviving Unemployment without State Support: Unemployment and Household Formation in South Africa," CESifo Working Paper Series 533, CESifo Group Munich.
- Baiphethi, Mompati N. & Jacobs, Peter T., 2009. "The contribution of subsistence farming to food security in South Africa," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 0(Issue 4), pages 1-24, December.
- Jacobs, Peter T., 2009. "The status of household food security targets in South Africa," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 0(Issue 4), pages 1-24, December.
- Murray Leibbrandt & James Levinsohn & Justin McCrary, 2005.
"Incomes in South Africa since the fall of Apartheid,"
536, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Murray Leibbrandt & James Levinsohn & Justin McCrary, 2005. "Incomes in South Africa Since the Fall of Apartheid," NBER Working Papers 11384, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Essa & W Lieb Nieuwoudt, 2003. "Socio-economic dimensions of small-scale agriculture: A principal component analysis," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 67-73.
- Ardington, Cally & Lam, David & Leibbrandt, Murray & Welch, Matthew, 2006. "The sensitivity to key data imputations of recent estimates of income poverty and inequality in South Africa," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 822-835, September.
- Stefan Dercon, 2009. "Rural Poverty: Old Challenges in New Contexts," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 24(1), pages 1-28, April.
- Vink, Nick & van Rooyen, Johan, 2009. "Perspectives on the Performance of Agriculture in South Africa since 1994 and implications for its Role in Achieving Sustainable Food Security," Working Papers 108005, University of Pretoria, Department of Agricultural Economics, Extension and Rural Development.
- Alain de Janvry, 2010. "Agriculture for development: new paradigm and options for success," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(s1), pages 17-36, November.
- Servaas Van der berg & Megan Louw & Derek Yu, 2008.
"Post-Transition Poverty Trends Based On An Alternative Data Source,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 76(1), pages 58-76, March.
- Servaas van der Berg & Megan Louw & Derek Yu, 2007. "Post-transition poverty trends based on an alternative data source," Working Papers 08/2007, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Pauw, Kalie, 2007. "Agriculture and poverty: Farming for food or farming for money?," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 0(Issue 2), pages 1-24, June.
- Altman, M. & Hart, Tim G.B. & Jacobs, Peter T., 2009. "Household food security status in South Africa," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 0(Issue 4), pages 1-17, December.
More about this item
KeywordsFood Security; Subsistence Farming; Apartheid Homelands; Social Pensions;
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- C31 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; Quantile Regressions; Social Interaction Models
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2013-11-22 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2013-11-22 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2013-11-22 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sza:wpaper:wpapers202. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Melt van Schoor). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/desunza.html .