Household food security status in South Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Anonymous, 1997. "Meeting Food Aid and Price Support Objectives through Local Grain Purchase: A Review of the 1996 Experience in Ethiopia," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 54956, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Abdulai, Awudu & Barrett, Christopher B. & Hazell, Peter, 2004. "Food aid for market development in Sub-Saharan Africa," DSGD discussion papers 5, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Christopher B. Barrett, 1998. "Food Aid: Is It Development Assistance, Trade Promotion, Both, or Neither?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(3), pages 566-571.
- Lavy, Victor, 1990. "Does food aid depress food production? The disincentive dilemma in the African context," Policy Research Working Paper Series 460, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Darana Souza & Danuta Chmielewska, 2011. "Public Support to Food Security in India, Brazil and South Africa: Elements for a Policy Dialogue," Working Papers 80, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Tibesigwa, Byela & Visser, Martine, 2016. "Assessing Gender Inequality in Food Security among Small-holder Farm Households in urban and rural South Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 33-49.
- Gudeta Alemu Zerihun, 2015. "Working Paper - 220 - Developing a Food (in) Security Map for South Africa," Working Paper Series 2158, African Development Bank.
- L. J. S. Baiyegunhi & B. B. Oppong & G. M. Senyolo, 2016. "Mopane worm (Imbrasia belina) and rural household food security in Limpopo province, South Africa," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(1), pages 153-165, February.
- Stephen Shisanya & Paramu Mafongoya, 2016. "Adaptation to climate change and the impacts on household food security among rural farmers in uMzinyathi District of Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(3), pages 597-608, June.
- Louw Pienaar & Dieter von Fintel, 2013. "Hunger in the former apartheid homelands: Determinants of converging food security 100 years after the 1913 Land Act," Working Papers 26/2013, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Mkhabela, Thulasizwe S. & Nyhodo, Bonani, 2011. "Farm and Retail Prices in the South African Poultry Industry: Do the Twain Meet?," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 14(3).
- repec:spr:ssefpa:v:9:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s12571-017-0695-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Frank Mmbando & Edilegnaw Wale & Lloyd Baiyegunhi, 2015. "Welfare impacts of smallholder farmers’ participation in maize and pigeonpea markets in Tanzania," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 7(6), pages 1211-1224, December.
More about this item
Keywordsfood security; social grants; smallholder and subsistence production; poverty; Consumer/Household Economics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:agreko:58211. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeasaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.