Community Currencies and Sustainable Development: A Systematic Review
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Michel, Arnaud & Hudon, Marek, 2015. "Community currencies and sustainable development: A systematic review," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 160-171.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael S Evans, 2009. "Zelizer's Theory of Money and the Case of Local Currencies," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 41(5), pages 1026-1041, May.
- Joachain, Hélène & Klopfert, Frédéric, 2014. "Smarter than metering? Coupling smart meters and complementary currencies to reinforce the motivation of households for energy savings," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 89-96.
- Gill Seyfang & Ruth Pearson, 2000. "Time for Change: International experience in community currencies," Development, Palgrave Macmillan;Society for International Deveopment, vol. 43(4), pages 56-60, December.
- Seyfang, Gill & Longhurst, Noel, 2013. "Growing green money? Mapping community currencies for sustainable development," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 65-77.
- Gomez, Georgina M. & Helmsing, A.H.J., 2008. "Selective Spatial Closure and Local Economic Development: What Do We Learn from the Argentine Local Currency Systems?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 2489-2511, November.
- Powell, J., 2002. "Petty capitalism, perfecting capitalism or post-capitalism? : lessons from the Argentinian barter network," ISS Working Papers - General Series 19101, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Morvant-Roux, Solène & Guérin, Isabelle & Roesch, Marc & Moisseron, Jean-Yves, 2014. "Adding Value to Randomization with Qualitative Analysis: The Case of Microcredit in Rural Morocco," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 302-312.
- Douthwaite, Richard, 2012. "Degrowth and the supply of money in an energy-scarce world," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 187-193.
- Ekins, Paul, 1993. "'Limits to growth' and 'sustainable development': grappling with ecological realities," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 269-288, December.
- Williams, Colin C., 1996. "The New Barter Economy: An Appraisal of Local Exchange and Trading Systems (LETS)," Journal of Public Policy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(1), pages 85-101, January.
- Theresa Aldridge & Jane Tooke & Roger Lee & Andrew Leyshon & Nigel Thrift & Colin Williams, 2001. "Recasting Work: The Example of Local Exchange Trading Schemes," Work, Employment & Society, British Sociological Association, vol. 15(3), pages 565-579, September.
- Ed Collom, 2005. "Community currency in the United States: the social environments in which it emerges and survives," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 37(9), pages 1565-1587, September.
- Michael S Evans, 2009. "Zelizer’s theory of money and the case of local currencies," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 41(5), pages 1026-1041, May.
- Stodder, James, 2009. "Complementary credit networks and macroeconomic stability: Switzerland's Wirtschaftsring," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 79-95, October.
- Fraňková, Eva & Fousek, Jan & Kala, Lukáš & Labohý, Jan, 2014. "Transaction network analysis for studying Local Exchange Trading Systems (LETS): Research potentials and limitations," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 266-275.
- Bob Giddings & Bill Hopwood & Geoff O'Brien, 2002. "Environment, economy and society: fitting them together into sustainable development," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(4), pages 187-196.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roberto Leonardo Rana & Pasquale Giungato & Angela Tarabella & Caterina Tricase, 2019. "Blockchain Applications and Sustainability Issues," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 21(S13), pages 861-861, November.
- Dedeurwaerdere, Tom & De Schutter, Olivier & Hudon, Marek & Mathijs, Erik & Annaert, Bernd & Avermaete, Tessa & Bleeckx, Thomas & de Callataÿ, Charlotte & De Snijder, Pepijn & Fernández-Wulff, Paula &, 2017. "The Governance Features of Social Enterprise and Social Network Activities of Collective Food Buying Groups," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 140(C), pages 123-135.
- Marshall, Adam P. & O'Neill, Daniel W., 2018. "The Bristol Pound: A Tool for Localisation?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 273-281.
- Georgina M. Gómez, 2019. "Money as an Institution: Rule versus Evolved Practice? Analysis of Multiple Currencies in Argentina," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(2), pages 1-14, May.
- August Francesc Corrons Giménez & Lluís Garay Tamajón, 2019. "An Analysis of the Process of Adopting Local Digital Currencies in Support of Sustainable Development," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(3), pages 1-19, February.
- Joe Ament, 2019. "Toward an Ecological Monetary Theory," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(3), pages 1-20, February.
- Camille Meyer & Marek Hudon, 2019. "Money and the Commons: An Investigation of Complementary Currencies and Their Ethical Implications," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 160(1), pages 277-292, November.
- Lehtonen, Markku & de Carlo, Laurence, 2019. "Community energy and the virtues of mistrust and distrust: Lessons from Brighton and Hove energy cooperatives," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 1-1.
- Camille Meyer & Marek Hudon, 2017. "Alternative organizations in finance: commoning in complementary currencies," Working Papers CEB 17-015, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sol:wpaper:2013/198776. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cebulbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.