The impact of studying economics, and other disciplines, on the belief that voluntary exchange makes everyone better off
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bruno S. Frey & Stephan Meier, 2003.
"Are Political Economists Selfish and Indoctrinated? Evidence from a Natural Experiment,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 41(3), pages 448-462, July.
- Bruno Frey & Stephan Meier, 2003. "Are political economists selfish and indoctrinated? Evidence from a natural experiment," Natural Field Experiments 00242, The Field Experiments Website.
- Bryan Caplan, 2002. "Systematically Biased Beliefs About Economics: Robust Evidence of Judgemental Anomalies from the Survey of Americans and Economists on the Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(479), pages 433-458, April.
- Haucap, Justus & Just, Tobias, 2003.
"Not guilty? Another look at the nature and nurture of economics students,"
10, Deutsche Bank Research.
- Haucap, Justus & Just, Tobias, 2003. "Not Guilty? Another Look at the Nature and Nurture of Economics Students," Working Paper 8/2003, Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Knetsch, Jack L & Thaler, Richard, 1986. "Fairness as a Constraint on Profit Seeking: Entitlements in the Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 728-741, September.
- Kirchgassner, Gebhard, 2005.
"(Why) are economists different?,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 543-562, September.
- Gebhard Kirchgässner, 2004. "(Why) Are Economists Different?," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2004 2004-18, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Gebhard Kirchgässner, 2005. "(Why) Are Economists Different?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1396, CESifo Group Munich.
- Cipriani, Giam Pietro & Lubian, Diego & Zago, Angelo, 2009. "Natural born economists?," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 455-468, June.
- Frank, Bjorn & Schulze, Gunther G., 2000. "Does economics make citizens corrupt?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 101-113, September.
- John R. Carter & Michael D. Irons, 1991. "Are Economists Different, and If So, Why?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(2), pages 171-177, Spring.
- Frey, Bruno S, 1986. "Economists Favour the Price System--Who Else Does?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(4), pages 537-563.
- Anthony M. Yezer & Robert S. Goldfarb & Paul J. Poppen, 1996. "Does Studying Economics Discourage Cooperation? Watch What We Do, Not What We Say or How We Play," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(1), pages 177-186, Winter.
- Haferkamp, Alexandra & Fetchenhauer, Detlef & Belschak, Frank & Enste, Dominik, 2009. "Efficiency versus fairness: The evaluation of labor market policies by economists and laypeople," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 527-539, August.
- Frey, Bruno S. & Pommerehne, Werner W., 1993. "On the fairness of pricing -- An empirical survey among the general population," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 295-307, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hamza Bennani, 2015.
"Dissecting the brains of central bankers: The case of the ECB’s Governing Council members on reforms,"
CEPII research center, issue 141, pages 97-114.
- Bennani, Hamza, 2015. "Dissecting the brains of central bankers: the case of the ECB's Governing Council members on reforms," MPRA Paper 62371, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bernd Hayo & Ummad Mazhar, 2014.
"Monetary Policy Committee Transparency: Measurement, Determinants, and Economic Effects,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 25(4), pages 739-770, September.
- Bernd Hayo & Ummad Mazhar, 2011. "Monetary Policy Committee Transparency: Measurement,Determinants, and Economic Effects," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201140, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
More about this item
KeywordsHigher education; learning; self-selection; beliefs; fairness of the market.;
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- A20 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - General
- B40 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - General
- D01 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Behavior: Underlying Principles
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-02-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2010-02-27 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EDU-2010-02-27 (Education)
- NEP-HPE-2010-02-27 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2010-02-27 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sol:wpaper:10-012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cebulbe.html .