Quasi-Bayesian Model Selection
In this paper we establish the consistency of the model selection criterion based on the quasi-marginal likelihood obtained from Laplace-type estimators (LTE). We consider cases in which parameters are strongly identified, weakly identified and partially identified. Our Monte Carlo results confirm our consistency results. Our proposed procedure is applied to select among monetary macroeconomic models using US data.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2014|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.smu.edu/economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- White, Halbert, 1982. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Misspecified Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Marco Del Negro & Frank Schorfheide, 2004.
"Priors from General Equilibrium Models for VARS,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 45(2), pages 643-673, 05.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Mathias Trabandt & Karl Walentin, 2010.
"DSGE models for monetary policy analysis,"
FRB Atlanta CQER Working Paper No.
2010-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Nason, James M & Cogley, Timothy, 1994. "Testing the Implications of Long-Run Neutrality for Monetary Business Cycle Models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(S), pages S37-70, Suppl. De.
- Hyungsik Roger Moon & Frank Schorfheide, 2012.
"Bayesian and Frequentist Inference in Partially Identified Models,"
Econometric Society, vol. 80(2), pages 755-782, 03.
- Hyungsik Roger Moon & Frank Schorfheide, 2009. "Bayesian and Frequentist Inference in Partially Identified Models," NBER Working Papers 14882, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Inoue, Atsushi & Kilian, Lutz, 2003.
"On the selection of forecasting models,"
Working Paper Series
0214, European Central Bank.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Danny Quah, 1988.
"The Dynamic Effects of Aggregate Demand and Supply Disturbances,"
NBER Working Papers
2737, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Quah, Danny, 1989. "The Dynamic Effects of Aggregate Demand and Supply Disturbances," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(4), pages 655-73, September.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Danny Quah, 1988. "The Dynamic Effects of Aggregate Demand and Supply Disturbance," Working papers 497, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Martin S. Eichenbaum & Mathias Trabandt, 2013.
"Unemployment and business cycles,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
1089, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Vuong, Quang H, 1989. "Likelihood Ratio Tests for Model Selection and Non-nested Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 307-33, March.
- Sin, Chor-Yiu & White, Halbert, 1996. "Information criteria for selecting possibly misspecified parametric models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1-2), pages 207-225.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:smu:ecowpa:1402. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bo Chen)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.