Risky Political Changes: Rational Choice vs Prospect Theory
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gans, Joshua S. & Smart, Michael, 1996. "Majority voting with single-crossing preferences," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 219-237, February.
- Attanasi, Giuseppe & Corazzini, Luca & Passarelli, Francesco, 2017.
"Voting as a lottery,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 129-137.
- Giuseppe Attanasi, Luca Corazzini, Francesco Passarelli, 2007. "Voting as a Lottery," ISLA Working Papers 28, ISLA, Centre for research on Latin American Studies and Transition Economies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Giuseppe Attanasi & Luca Corazzini & Francesco Passarelli, 2017. "Voting as a lottery," Post-Print hal-01744493, HAL.
- Giuseppe Attanasi & Luca CORAZZINI & Francesco PASSARELLI, 2009. "Voting as a Lottery," LERNA Working Papers 09.27.303, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Attanasi, Giuseppe Marco & Corazzini, Luca & Passarelli, Francesco, 2010. "Voting as a Lottery," TSE Working Papers 09-116, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised Nov 2010.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:66:y:1972:i:02:p:555-568_13 is not listed on IDEAS
- Richard Zeckhauser, 1969. "Majority Rule with Lotteries on Alternatives," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 83(4), pages 696-703.
- Vincenzo Galasso, 2014.
"The role of political partisanship during economic crises,"
Springer, vol. 158(1), pages 143-165, January.
- Galasso, Vincenzo, 2010. "The Role of Political Partisanship during Economic Crises," CEPR Discussion Papers 7834, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jain, Sanjay & Sharun Mukand, 2003.
"Public Opinion and the Dynamics of Reform,"
Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003
114, Royal Economic Society.
- Sanjay Jain & Sharun W. Mukand, 2004. "Public Opinion and the Dynamics of Reform," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0408, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Anthony Downs, 1957. "An Economic Theory of Political Action in a Democracy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65, pages 135-135.
- Boycko, Maxim & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1997. "Privatizing Russia," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262522284, January.
- Andrew Gelman & Lane Kenworthy & Yu-Sung Su, 2010. "Income Inequality and Partisan Voting in the United States," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 91(s1), pages 1203-1219.
- Sanjay Jain & Sharun W. Mukand, 2003. "Redistributive Promises and the Adoption of Economic Reform," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 256-264, March.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:82:y:1988:i:03:p:719-736_19 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giuseppe Attanasi & Luca Corazzini & Nikolaos Georgantzís & Francesco Passarelli, 2014. "Special Section: Experiments on Learning, Methods, and Voting," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 355-386, August.
More about this item
Keywordsprospect theory; behavioral economics; voting behavior; behavioral political economy;
- C9 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- H1 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2011-11-21 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-CDM-2011-11-21 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-EVO-2011-11-21 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-HME-2011-11-21 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-HPE-2011-11-21 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-POL-2011-11-21 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-UPT-2011-11-21 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:slp:islawp:islawp39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stefano Riela). General contact details of provider: http://www.isla.unibocconi.it/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.