Risky Political Changes: Rational Choice vs Prospect Theory
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gans, Joshua S. & Smart, Michael, 1996. "Majority voting with single-crossing preferences," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 219-237, February.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:66:y:1972:i:02:p:555-568_13 is not listed on IDEAS
- Richard Zeckhauser, 1969. "Majority Rule with Lotteries on Alternatives," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 83(4), pages 696-703.
- Vincenzo Galasso, 2014.
"The role of political partisanship during economic crises,"
Springer, vol. 158(1), pages 143-165, January.
- Galasso, Vincenzo, 2010. "The Role of Political Partisanship during Economic Crises," CEPR Discussion Papers 7834, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jain, Sanjay & Sharun Mukand, 2003.
"Public Opinion and the Dynamics of Reform,"
Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003
114, Royal Economic Society.
- Sanjay Jain & Sharun W. Mukand, 2004. "Public Opinion and the Dynamics of Reform," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0408, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Anthony Downs, 1957. "An Economic Theory of Political Action in a Democracy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65, pages 135-135.
- Attanasi, Giuseppe & Corazzini, Luca & Passarelli, Francesco, 2017.
"Voting as a lottery,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 129-137.
- Giuseppe Attanasi, Luca Corazzini, Francesco Passarelli, 2007. "Voting as a Lottery," ISLA Working Papers 28, ISLA, Centre for research on Latin American Studies and Transition Economies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Giuseppe Attanasi & Luca CORAZZINI & Francesco PASSARELLI, 2009. "Voting as a Lottery," LERNA Working Papers 09.27.303, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Attanasi, Giuseppe Marco & Corazzini, Luca & Passarelli, Francesco, 2010. "Voting as a Lottery," TSE Working Papers 09-116, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised Nov 2010.
- Boycko, Maxim & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1997. "Privatizing Russia," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262522284, January.
- Andrew Gelman & Lane Kenworthy & Yu-Sung Su, 2010. "Income Inequality and Partisan Voting in the United States," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 91(s1), pages 1203-1219.
- Sanjay Jain & Sharun W. Mukand, 2003. "Redistributive Promises and the Adoption of Economic Reform," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 256-264, March.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:82:y:1988:i:03:p:719-736_19 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsprospect theory; behavioral economics; voting behavior; behavioral political economy;
- C9 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- H1 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2011-11-21 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-CDM-2011-11-21 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-EVO-2011-11-21 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-HME-2011-11-21 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-HPE-2011-11-21 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-POL-2011-11-21 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-UPT-2011-11-21 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:slp:islawp:islawp39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stefano Riela). General contact details of provider: http://www.isla.unibocconi.it/ .