Poverty Measurement Under Risk Aversion Using Panel Data
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Cruces Guillermo & Makdissi Paul & Wodon Quentin T., 2004. "Poverty Measurement Under Risk Aversion Using Panel Data," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-20, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Paul Makdissi & Quentin Wodon, 2003. "Risk-adjusted measures of wage inequality and safety nets," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 9(1), pages 1-10.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:9:y:2003:i:1:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-670, May.
- Borjas, George J & Bronars, Stephen G, 1989. "Consumer Discrimination and Self-employment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(3), pages 581-605, June.
- Neil McCulloch & Bob Baulch, 2000.
"Simulating the impact of policy upon chronic and transitory poverty in rural Pakistan,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 100-130.
- Neil McCulloch & Bob Baulch, 2000. "Simulating the Impact of Policy upon Chronic and Transitory Poverty in Rural Pakistan," Econometrics 0004003, EconWPA.
- Simon C. Parker, 2003. "The distribution of wealth of older self-employed Britons," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 24(1), pages 23-43, March.
- Parker, Simon C, 1999. "The Inequality of Employment and Self-Employment Incomes: A Decomposition Analysis for the U.K," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 45(2), pages 263-274, June.
- Stephen P. Jenkins, 2000. "Modelling household income dynamics," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 13(4), pages 529-567.
- Jyotsna Jalan & Martin Ravallion, 2000. "Is transient poverty different? Evidence for rural China," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 82-99.
- Friend, Irwin & Blume, Marshall E, 1975. "The Demand for Risky Assets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(5), pages 900-922, December.
- Hildreth, Clifford & Knowles, Glenn J., 1982. "Some Estimates of Farmers' Utility Functions," Technical Bulletins 54545, University of Minnesota, Agricultural Experiment Station.
- Rees, Hedley & Shah, Anup, 1986. "An Empirical Analysis of Self-employment in the U.K," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(1), pages 95-108, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cruces, Guillermo, 2005.
"Income fluctuation, poverty and well-being over time: theory and application to Argentina,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
6545, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Guillermo Cruces, 2005. "Income Fluctuation, Poverty and Well-Being Over Time: Theory and Application to Argentina," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 76, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Guillermo Cruces, 2005. "Income Fluctuations, Poverty and Well-Being Over Time: Theory and Application to Argentina," Labor and Demography 0502007, EconWPA.
- Paul MAKDISSI & Quentin WODON, 2004. "Price Liberalization and Farmer Welfare Under Risk Aversion: Cotton in Benin and Ivory Coast," Cahiers de recherche 04-09, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Pene Kalulumia & Denis Bolduc, 2004. "Generalized Mixed Estimation Of A Multinomial Discretecontinuous Choice Model For Electricity Demand," Cahiers de recherche 04-01, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Nouve, Kofi & Bambio, Yiriyibin & Kabore, Samuel & Wodon, Quentin, 2010.
"Risque et mesures de la pauvreté rurale au Burkina Faso
[Risk and Measures of Rural Poverty in Burkina Faso]," MPRA Paper 34374, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gustav Kjellsson & Dennis Petrie & Tom (T.G.M.) van Ourti, 2018. "Measuring income-related inequalities in risky health prospects," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 18-007/V, Tinbergen Institute.
- Petr Hanel, 2003. "Impact Of Government Support Programs On Innovation By Canadian Manufacturing Firms," Cahiers de recherche 04-02, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
More about this item
KeywordsPoverty; Risk; Self-employment; Panel data;
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:shr:wpaper:03-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luc Savard). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deushca.html .