Family Size, Household Shocks and Chronic and Transient Poverty in the Philippine Households
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Neil McCulloch & Bob Baulch, 2000.
"Simulating the impact of policy upon chronic and transitory poverty in rural Pakistan,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 100-130.
- Neil McCulloch & Bob Baulch, 2000. "Simulating the Impact of Policy upon Chronic and Transitory Poverty in Rural Pakistan," Econometrics 0004003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Duclos, Jean-Yves & Araar, Abdelkrim & Giles, John, 2010.
"Chronic and transient poverty: Measurement and estimation, with evidence from China,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 266-277, March.
- Jean-Yves Duclos & Abdelkrim Araar & John Giles, 2006. "Chronic and Transient Poverty: Measurement and Estimation, with Evidence from China," Cahiers de recherche 0611, CIRPEE.
- Jean-Yves Duclos & Abdelkrim Araaryand & John Giles, 2006. "Chronic and Transient Poverty: Measurement and Estimation, with Evidence from China," Working Papers 35, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Duclos, Jean-Yves & Araar, Abdelkrim & Giles, John T., 2006. "Chronic and Transient Poverty: Measurement and Estimation, with Evidence from China," IZA Discussion Papers 2078, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- John Giles & Abdelkrim Araar & Jean-Yves Duclos, 2016. "Chronic and Transient Poverty: Measurement and Estimation, with Evidence from China," Working Papers id:11242, eSocialSciences.
- Shashanka Bhide & Aasha Kapur Mehta, 2004. "Chronic Poverty in Rural India: issues and findings from panel data," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(2), pages 195-209.
- Aniceto C. Orbeta, 2006.
"Poverty, Vulnerability and Family Size: Evidence from the Philippines,"
Chapters,in: Poverty Strategies in Asia, chapter 6
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Aniceto C. Orbeta Jr., 2005. "Poverty, Vulnerability and Family Size : Evidence from the Philippines," Development Economics Working Papers 22671, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Orbeta, Aniceto Jr. C., 2005. "Poverty, Vulnerability and Family Size: Evidence from the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2005-19, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Lillard, Lee A & Willis, Robert J, 1978. "Dynamic Aspects of Earning Mobility," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(5), pages 985-1012, September.
- Balisacan, Arsenio M. & Hill, Hal (ed.), 2003. "The Philippine Economy: Development, Policies, and Challenges," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195158984.
- Francesco Devicienti, 2011.
"Estimating poverty persistence in Britain,"
Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 657-686, May.
- Francesco Devicienti, 2001. "Estimating Poverty Persistence in Britain," 10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002 B2-3, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Devicienti, Francesco, 2002. "Estimating Poverty Persistence in Britain," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 61, Royal Economic Society.
- Francesco Devicienti, 2001. "Estimating Poverty Persistence in Britain," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 1, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Sarah Jarvis & Stephen P. Jenkins, 1997. "Low income dynamics in 1990s Britain," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 18(2), pages 123-142, May.
- Jyotsna Jalan & Martin Ravallion, 2000. "Is transient poverty different? Evidence for rural China," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 82-99.
- Haddad, Lawrence & Ahmed, Akhter, 2003. "Chronic and Transitory Poverty: Evidence from Egypt, 1997-99," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 71-85, January.
- Ross Finnie & Arthur Sweetman, 2003. "Poverty dynamics: empirical evidence for Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 36(2), pages 291-325, May.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4977 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jalan, Jyotsna & Ravallion, Martin, 1998. "Transient Poverty in Postreform Rural China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 338-357, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:134:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1419-x is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:rdevec:v:22:y:2018:i:2:p:736-765 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rio Yonson & Ilan Noy & JC Gaillard, 2018.
"The measurement of disaster risk: An example from tropical cyclones in the Philippines,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(2), pages 736-765, May.
- Yonson, Rio & Gaillard, J. C. & Noy, Ilan, 2016. "The measurement of disaster risk: An example from tropical cyclones in the Philippines," Working Paper Series 4979, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
More about this item
Keywordschronic poverty; transient poverty; components approach; quantile regression; Philippines; Asia;
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-SEA-2015-06-05 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:64739. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.