Future EMU Membership and Wage Flexibility in Selected EU Candidate Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Blanchard, Olivier & Jimeno, Juan F, 1995. "Structural Unemployment: Spain versus Portugal," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 212-218, May.
- Barro, Robert J & Gordon, David B, 1983.
"A Positive Theory of Monetary Policy in a Natural Rate Model,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(4), pages 589-610, August.
- Robert J. Barro & David B. Gordon, 1981. "A Positive Theory of Monetary Policy in a Natural-Rate Model," NBER Working Papers 0807, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Krugman & Anthony J. Venables, 1995.
"Globalization and the Inequality of Nations,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 110(4), pages 857-880.
- Krugman, Paul & Venables, Anthony J, 1994. "Globalization and the Inequality of Nations," CEPR Discussion Papers 1015, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Krugman, Paul & Venables, Anthony J., 1995. "Globalization and the Inequality of Nations," Working Paper Series 430, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Paul Krugman & Anthony J. Venables, 1995. "Globalization and the Inequality of Nations," NBER Working Papers 5098, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alesina, Alberto & Perotti, Roberto, 1997. "The Welfare State and Competitiveness," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(5), pages 921-939, December.
- Francesco Daveri & Guido Tabellini, 2000.
"Unemployment, growth and taxation in industrial countries,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 15(30), pages 47-104, April.
- Francesco Daveri & Guido Tabellini, "undated". "Unemployment, Growth and Taxation in Industrial Countries," Working Papers 122, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Daveri, Francesco & Tabellini, Guido, 1997. "Unemployment, Growth and Taxation in Industrial Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 1681, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Lawrence F. Katz, 1992. "Regional Evolutions," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 23(1), pages 1-76.
- Juan F. Jimeno & Jose Vinals, 1998. "The impact of EMU on European unemployment," Working Papers 34, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Fidrmuc, Jan, 2004.
"Migration and regional adjustment to asymmetric shocks in transition economies,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 230-247, June.
- Jan Fidrmuc, 2002. "Migration and regional adjustment to asymmetric shocks in transition economies," CPB Discussion Paper 7, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Fidrmuc, Jan, 2003. "Migration and Regional Adjustment to Asymmetric Shocks in Transition Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 3798, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Anne C. Sibert & Alan Sutherland, "undated". "Monetary Regimes and Labour Market Reform," Discussion Papers 97/14, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Bayoumi, T. & Eichengreen, B., 1994. "One Money or Many? Analysing the Prospects for Monetary Unification in Various Parts of the World," Princeton Studies in International Economics 76, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Christiane Krieger-Boden & Dirk Dohse & Rüdiger Soltwedel, 1999. "EMU Challenges European Labor Markets," IMF Working Papers 99/131, International Monetary Fund.
- von Hagen, Jurgen & Neumann, Manfred J M, 1994.
"Real Exchange Rates within and between Currency Areas: How Far Away Is EMU?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 76(2), pages 236-244, May.
- Neumann, Manfred J.M. & von Hagen, Jürgen, 1992. "Real Exchange Rates Within and Between Currency Areas: How Far Away is EMU?," CEPR Discussion Papers 660, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gordon, Robert J, 1996.
"Macroeconomic Policy in the Presence of Structural Maladjustment,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1493, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robert J. Gordon, 1996. "Macroeconomic Policy in the Presence of Structural Maladjustment," NBER Working Papers 5739, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Perotti, Roberto & Alesina, Alberto, 1997. "The Welfare State and Competitiveness," Scholarly Articles 4553027, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Vinals, Jose, 1996. "European monetary integration: A narrow or a wide EMU?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-5), pages 1103-1109, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marek Gora & Artur Radziwill & Agnieszka Sowa & Mateusz Walewski, 2006. "Tax Wedge and Skills: Case of Poland in International Perspective," CASE Network Reports 0064, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Ian Babetskii, 2006.
"Aggregate Wage Flexibility in Selected New EU Member States,"
2006/1, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Ian Babetskii, 2007. "Aggregate Wage Flexibility in Selected New EU Member States," CESifo Working Paper Series 1916, CESifo Group Munich.
- Van Poeck Andrè & Veiner Maret & Plasmans Joseph, 2007. "Wage flexibility in the new European Union members: How different form the “old” members?," wp.comunite 0006, Department of Communication, University of Teramo.
More about this item
Keywordslabour market; unemployment; European Monetary Union; EU enlargement; EMU enlargement; wage flexibility;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sec:cnstan:0265. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aleksandra Polak). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/caseepl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.