County to county migration and labour market conditions in Hungary between 1994 and 2002
In this paper I use county to county migration data to estimate the effect of labour market conditions on these flows. A gravity model is estimated on Hungarian NUTS 2 regions for the period between 1994 and 2002. Such results are not available for Hungary so far. Estimated parameters show significant and expected effects of local amenities, distances and labour market conditions. Although the magnitude of the estimated parameters is not small, they are not sizeable enough to compensate for the overall low level of migration.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (+36-1) 309-2652
Fax: (36-1) 319-3136
Web page: http://econ.core.hu
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brueckner, Jan & Thisse, Jacques-François & Zenou, Yves, 2000.
"Local Labour Markets, Job Matching and Urban Location,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2612, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Jacques-FranÁois Thisse & Yves Zenou, 2002. "Local Labor Markets, Job Matching, and Urban Location," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 43(1), pages 155-171, February.
- BRUECKNER, Jan K. & THISSE , Jacques-François & ZENOU, Yves, . "Local labor markets, job matching, and urban location," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1545, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Zsombor Cseres-Gergely, 2005.
"County to county migration and labour market conditions in Hungary between 1994 and 2002,"
Budapest Working Papers on the Labour Market
0506, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Cseres-Gergely, Zsombor, 2004. "County to county migration and labour market conditions in Hungary between 1994 and 2002," Zeitschrift für ArbeitsmarktForschung - Journal for Labour Market Research, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 37(4), pages 425-436.
- Yuri Andrienko & Sergei Guriev, 2003.
"Determinants of Interregional Mobility in Russia: Evidence from Panel Data,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
551, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Yuri Andrienko & Sergei Guriev, 2003. "Determinants of interregional mobility in Russia: evidence from panel data," Working Papers w0027, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Andrienko, Yuri & Guriev, Sergei, 2003. "Determinants of Interregional Mobility in Russia: Evidence from Panel Data," CEPR Discussion Papers 3835, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:has:bworkp:0506. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adrienn Foldi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.