Credit and Cash-in-Advance in Disequilibrium Models
An agent-based computational model is studied with a sequential market structure. We consider a stationary exchange economy with trade taking place outside equilibrium. This implies quantity rationing and cash in advance constraints. The updating of prices and cash balances makes it necessary for agents to continually re-optimize their trading plans subject to new transaction constraints, which include income-, financial- and quantity constraints. The decision-making process has a moving-horizon structure and the quantity constraints are incorporated into the optimization problem. The dynamics of the out-of-equilibrium price- and quantity adjustment process are shown to depend crucially on the market mechanisms that are imposed
|Date of creation:||11 Aug 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://comp-econ.org/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alessandro Citanna & Hervé Crès & Jacques H Drèze & P. Jean-Jacques Herings & Antonio Villanacci, 2001.
"Underemployment of Resources and Self-Fulfilling Beliefs: Nonwalrasian Allocations at Walrasian Prices,"
- Alessandro Citanna & Hervé Crès & Jacques H. Drèze & P. Jean-Jacques Herings & Antonio Villanacci, 2001. "Underemployment of Resources and Self-Fulfilling Beliefs: Nonwalrasian Allocations at Walrasian Prices," Sciences Po publications 003, Sciences Po.
- Citanna,Alessandro & Cres,Herve & Dreze,Jacques & Herings,P. Jean-Jacques & Villanacci,Antonio, 2001. "Underemployment of Resources and Self-fulfilling Beliefs: Non-Walrasian Allocations at Walrasian Prices," Research Memorandum 003, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- DREZE, Jacques, 1999.
"On the macroeconomics of uncertainty and incomplete markets,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1999064, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jacques H.DREZE, 2001. "On the Macroeconomics of Uncertainty and Incomplete Markets," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 2001011, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Alessandro Citanna & Herve Cres & Antonio Villanacci, . "Underemployment of resources and self-fulfilling beliefs: Nonwalrasian allocations at walrasian prices," GSIA Working Papers 11, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- E. C. H. Veendorp, 1975. "Stable Spillovers among Substitutes," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(3), pages 445-456.
- Dreze, Jacques H, 1975. "Existence of an Exchange Equilibrium under Price Rigidities," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 16(2), pages 301-20, June.
- P. Jean-Jacques Herings & Gerard van der Laan & Dolf Talman, 2001.
"Quantity Constrained Equilibria,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
01-116/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Talman,Dolf & Laan,Gerard,van der & Herings,P. Jean-Jacques, 2001. "Quantity Constrained Equilibria," Research Memorandum 012, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Herings, P.J.J. & van der Laan, G. & Talman, A.J.J., 2001. "Quantity Constrained Equilibria," Discussion Paper 2001-93, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Alessro Citanna & Herve Cres & Antonio Villancci, .
"Underemployment of Resources and Self-Confirming Beliefs,"
Penn CARESS Working Papers
29d647ac92b76a88d3b1b2cac, Penn Economics Department.
- Alessandro Citanna & Herve Cres & Antonio Villancci, . ""Underemployment of Resources and Self-Confirming Beliefs''," CARESS Working Papres 95-20, University of Pennsylvania Center for Analytic Research and Economics in the Social Sciences.
- Goeree, Jacob K. & Hommes, Cars & Weddepohl, Claus, 1998. "Stability and complex dynamics in a discrete tatonnement model," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 33(3-4), pages 395-410, January.
- Martin Shubik, 2000.
"The Theory of Money,"
00-03-021, Santa Fe Institute.
- Amendola, Mario & Gaffard, Jean-Luc, 1998.
"Out of Equilibrium,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780198293804, December.
- Movshovich, Solomon M., 1994. "A price adjustment process in a rationed economy," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 305-321, July.
- Van Der Laan, G. & Ta & Man, A.J.J., 1989.
"Price Rigidities And Rationing,"
8913, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Laan, G. van der & Talman, A.J.J., 1989. "Price regidities and rationing," Serie Research Memoranda 0004, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- van der Laan, G. & Talman, A.J.J., 1989. "Price rigidities and rationing," Discussion Paper 1989-13, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Gode, Dhananjay K & Sunder, Shyam, 1993. "Allocative Efficiency of Markets with Zero-Intelligence Traders: Market as a Partial Substitute for Individual Rationality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(1), pages 119-37, February.
- Dhananjay K. Gode & Shyam Sunder, 1997. "What Makes Markets Allocationally Efficient?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(2), pages 603-630.
- Herings, P.J.J. & van der Laan, G. & Talman, A.J.J. & Venniker, R., 1997.
"Equilibrium adjustment of disequilibrium prices,"
Other publications TiSEM
22550f27-0bed-4dff-a9de-e, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Y. Younes, 1975. "On the Role of Money in the Process of Exchange and the Existence of a Non-Walrasian Equilibrium," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(4), pages 489-501.
- Amendola, M & Gaffard, J L, 1992. "Intertemporal Complementarity and Money in an Economy out of Equilibrium," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 131-45, August.
- DREZE, Jacques H. & HERINGS, P. Jean-Jacques, 1998.
"Continua of underemployment equilibria,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1998045, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Herings, Jean-Jacques & van der Laan, Gerard & Venniker, Richard, 1998. "The transition from a Dreze equilibrium to a Walrasian equilibrium1," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 303-330, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sce:scecf4:294. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.