Poverty and headship in post-apartheid South Africa, 1997-2008
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Medeiros, Marcelo & Costa, Joana, 2008. "Is There a Feminization of Poverty in Latin America?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 115-127, January.
- Fuwa, Nobuhiko, 2000. "The Poverty and Heterogeneity Among Female-Headed Households Revisited: The Case of Panama," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 1515-1542, August.
- Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Haddad, Lawrence James & Peña, Christine, 2001. "Are women overrepresented among the poor?," FCND briefs 115, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ardington, Cally & Lam, David & Leibbrandt, Murray & Welch, Matthew, 2006. "The sensitivity to key data imputations of recent estimates of income poverty and inequality in South Africa," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 822-835, September.
- Dorrit Posel, 2001. "Who are the heads of household, what do they do, and is the concept of headship useful? An analysis of headship in South Africa," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(5), pages 651-670.
- Ingrid Woolard & Murray Leibbrandt, 1999. "Household Incomes, Poverty and Inequality in a Multivariate Framework," Working Papers 99031, University of Cape Town, Development Policy Research Unit.
- Servaas Van Der Berg & Megan Louw & Derek Yu, 2008. "Post‐Transition Poverty Trends Based On An Alternative Data Source1," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 76(1), pages 58-76, March.
- Ranjan Ray, 2000. "Poverty and expenditure pattern of households in Pakistan and South Africa: a comparative study," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(2), pages 241-256.
- Sara Horrell & Pramila Krishnan, 2007.
"Poverty and productivity in female-headed households in Zimbabwe,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(8), pages 1351-1380.
- Horrell, S. & Krishnan, P., 2006. "Poverty and Productivity in Female-Headed Households in Zimbabwe," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0663, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Gindling, T. H. & Oviedo, Luis, 2008. "Single Mothers and Poverty in Costa Rica," IZA Discussion Papers 3286, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Fuwa, Nobuhiko, 2000. "A Note on the Analysis of Female Headed Households in Developing Countries," MPRA Paper 23401, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Appleton, Simon, 1996. "Women-headed households and household welfare: An empirical deconstruction for Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(12), pages 1811-1827, December.
- Varley, Ann, 1996. "Women heading households: Some more equal than others?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 505-520, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:110:y:2018:i:c:p:466-491 is not listed on IDEAS
- Haroon Bhorat & Carlene Van Der Westhuizen & Derek Yu, 2014. "The Silent Success: Delivery of Public Assets Since Democracy," Working Papers 201403, University of Cape Town, Development Policy Research Unit.
- repec:rnd:arjebs:v:9:y:2017:i:3:p:60-72 is not listed on IDEAS
- Espinoza-Delgado, José & Klasen, Stephan, 2018.
"Gender and multidimensional poverty in Nicaragua: An individual based approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 466-491.
- Espinoza-Delgado, Jose & Klasen, Stephan, 2017. "Gender and Multidimensional Poverty in Nicaragua, An Individual-based Approach," MPRA Paper 81907, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- José Espinoza-Delgado & Stephan Klasen, 2017. "Gender and Multidimensional Poverty in Nicaragua, An Individual-based Approach," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 235, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Otavio Henrique dos Santos Figueiredo & Peter Fernades Wanke, 2016. "Peasants’ Poverty and Inequality in Angola," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 128(2), pages 751-761, September.
- Michael Rogan, 2016. "Gender and Multidimensional Poverty in South Africa: Applying the Global Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI)," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 126(3), pages 987-1006, April.
More about this item
KeywordsFemale-headed households; poverty; South Africa;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2012-06-25 (Africa)
- NEP-DEM-2012-06-25 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2012-06-25 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rza:wpaper:288. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Charles Tanton). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ersacza.html .