The Analysis Of The Convergence Criteria. Empirical Perspective In The Context Of The Sustainable Character Highlight
This study envisages analyzing the convergence criteria in the context of recent macroeconomic developments, focusing on their sustainability. In order to highlight the sustainability of convergence indicators, the paper includes an analysis of the initial dynamics, both in terms of nominal and real plan, highlighting the need for an integrated approach aiming to capture the junction between the two types of convergence processes. Subsequently, sustainability is revealed through the prism of critical aspects, and through the correlation between economic cycles in the European Union. Study findings and proposals tend to review the set of indicators related to the process of nominal convergence towards the integration of real dimension of this process in order to achieve a striking mix.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Bucureşti, Calea 13 Septembrie nr. 13|
Phone: 004 021 4103231
Web page: http://www.ince.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert J. Barro, 2013.
"Inflation and Economic Growth,"
Annals of Economics and Finance,
Society for AEF, vol. 14(1), pages 121-144, May.
- Fidrmuc, Jarko & Korhonen, Iikka, 2006.
"Meta-analysis of the business cycle correlation between the euro area and the CEECs,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 518-537, September.
- Jarko Fidrmuc & Iikka Korhonen, 2006. "Meta-Analysis of the Business Cycle Correlation between the Euro Area and the CEECs," CESifo Working Paper Series 1693, CESifo Group Munich.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Alaa M. Soliman, 2005.
"The Asymmetric Effects Of A Common Monetary Policy In Europe,"
Economics and Finance Discussion Papers
05-20, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Maria Caporale, Guglielmo & M. Soliman, Alaa, 2009. "The Asymmetric Effects of a Common Monetary Policy in Europe," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 24, pages 455-475.
- Marek Jarocinski, 2006.
"Responses to Monetary Policy Shocks in the East and the West of Europe: A Comparison,"
124, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Marek Jarocinski, 2010. "Responses to monetary policy shocks in the east and the west of Europe: a comparison," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(5), pages 833-868.
- Jarociński, Marek, 2008. "Responses to monetary policy shocks in the east and the west of Europe: a comparison," Working Paper Series 0970, European Central Bank.
- Marek Jarocinski, 2004. "Responses to Monetary Policy Shocks in the East and the West of Europe: A Comparison," CASE Network Studies and Analyses 0287, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Ian Babetskii, 2005. "Trade integration and synchronization of shocks," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 13(1), pages 105-138, 01.
- Zsolt Darvas, 2010.
"The Case for Reforming Euro Area Entry Criteria,"
1003, Department of Mathematical Economics and Economic Analysis, Corvinus University of Budapest.
- Iancu, Aurel, 2009.
Working Papers of National Institute of Economic Research
090602, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Gabriela Dragan & Gabriela Pascariu, 2008. "Romania and the Euro’s Adoption. Between Real and Nominal Convergence," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 11(27), pages 27-48, January.
- Jesús Crespo-Cuaresma & Octavio Fernández-Amador, 2010.
"Business cycle convergence in EMU: A first look at the second moment,"
FIW Working Paper series
- Crespo-Cuaresma, Jesús & Fernández-Amador, Octavio, 2013. "Business cycle convergence in EMU: A first look at the second moment," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 265-284.
- Jes?s Crespo-Cuaresma & Octavio Fern?ndez-Amador, 2010. "Business cycle convergence in EMU: A first look at the second moment," Working Papers 2010-22, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Iancu, Aurel, 2009.
"Real Convergence and Integration,"
Working Papers of National Institute of Economic Research
090102, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Iancu, Aurel, 2008. "Real Convergence and Integration," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 5(1), pages 27-40, March.
- Aurel IANCU, 2008. "Real convergence and integration," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 1, pages 15-28, December.
- Lein-Rupprecht, Sarah M. & León-Ledesma, Miguel A. & Nerlich, Carolin, 2007.
"How is real convergence driving nominal convergence in the new EU Member States?,"
Working Paper Series
0827, European Central Bank.
- Lein, Sarah M. & León-Ledesma, Miguel A. & Nerlich, Carolin, 2008. "How is real convergence driving nominal convergence in the new EU Member States?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 227-248, March.
- Abigail Barr, 1995.
"The missing factor: entrepreneurial networks, enterprises and economic growth in Ghana,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
1995-11, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Abigail Barr, 1995. "The missing factor: entrepreneurial networks, enterprises and economic growth in Ghana," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/1995-11, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Marie-José Rinaldi-Larribe, 2008. "Is economic convergence in New Member States sufficient for an adoption of the Euro?," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 5(2), pages 269-290, December.
- Enrico Marelli, 2007. "Specialisation and Convergence in European Regions," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 4(2), pages 149-178, September.
- Elina Ribakova & BalÃ¡zs HorvÃ¡th & Dimitri G Demekas & Yi Wu, 2005. "Foreign Direct Investment in Southeastern Europe; How (and How Much) Can Policies Help?," IMF Working Papers 05/110, International Monetary Fund.
- Afonso, António & Furceri, Davide, 2008. "EMU enlargement, stabilization costs and insurance mechanisms," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 169-187, March.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1995.
"Transfers, social safety nets and economic growth,"
Economics Working Papers
139, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Xavier Sala-I-Martin, 1997. "Transfers, Social Safety Nets, and Economic Growth," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 44(1), pages 81-102, March.
- Enrico Marelli & Marcello Signorelli, 2010. "Transition, Regional Features, Growth and Labour Market Dynamics," AIEL Series in Labour Economics, in: Floro Ernesto Caroleo & Francesco Pastore (ed.), The Labour Market Impact of the EU Enlargement. A New Regional Geography of Europe?, edition 1, chapter 5, pages 99-147 AIEL - Associazione Italiana Economisti del Lavoro.
- Iancu, Aurel, 2009. "Convergenta Institutionala si Integrarea in UE," Studii Economice 090702, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Martin, Philippe & Rogers, Carol Ann, 1995.
"Stabilization Policy, Learning by Doing, and Economic Growth,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1130, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Martin, Philippe & Rogers, Carol Ann, 1997. "Stabilization Policy, Learning-by-Doing, and Economic Growth," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(2), pages 152-66, April.
- Iancu Aurel, 2006.
"Problema convergenţei economice,"
Romanian Society for Economic Science, Revista OEconomica, issue 04, December.
- János Kornai, 2006.
"Velká transformace střední a východní Evropy: úspěch a zklamání
[The great transformation of central and eastern Europe: success and disappointment]," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2006(4), pages 435-466.
- Francesco Paolo Mongelli & Ettore Dorrucci & Itai Agur, 2005. "What does European institutional integration tell us about trade integration?," Occasional Paper Series 40, European Central Bank.
- Foster, Neil & Stehrer, Robert, 2007. "Modeling transformation in CEECs using smooth transitions," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 57-86, March.
- Iancu, Aurel & Pecican, Eugen Stefan & Olteanu, Dan, 2010. "The Regression Calculus Of Economic Convergence And The Contribution Of The Institutional Factor," Working Papers of National Institute of Economic Research 100201, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Philippe Martin, 2005. "The geography of inequalities in Europe," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/9283, Sciences Po.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ror:wpince:111205. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.