Distance matters in away games: Evidence from the German Football League
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Oberhofer, Harald & Philippovich, Tassilo & Winner, Hannes, 2010. "Distance matters in away games: Evidence from the German football league," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 200-211, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- James R. Markusen, 2004.
"Multinational Firms and the Theory of International Trade,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 0262633078, January.
- Markusen, James R., 2002. "Multinational Firms and the Theory of International Trade," MPRA Paper 8380, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fiona Carmichael & Dennis Thomas & Robert Ward, 2000. "Team performance: the case of English Premiership football," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(1), pages 31-45.
- Cameron,A. Colin & Trivedi,Pravin K., 2008. "Microeconometrics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9787111235767, May.
- Cameron, A Colin & Windmeijer, Frank A G, 1996.
"R-Squared Measures for Count Data Regression Models with Applications to Health-Care Utilization,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 14(2), pages 209-220, April.
- Cameron, A.C. & Windmeijer, F.A.G., 1993. "R-Squared Measures for Count Data Regression Models with Applications to Health Care Utilization," Papers 93-24, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs.
- Audas, Rick & Dobson, Stephen & Goddard, John, 2002. "The impact of managerial change on team performance in professional sports," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 54(6), pages 633-650.
- R. H. Koning, 2003. "An econometric evaluation of the effect of firing a coach on team performance," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(5), pages 555-564.
- Bergstrand, Jeffrey H, 1985. "The Gravity Equation in International Trade: Some Microeconomic Foundations and Empirical Evidence," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(3), pages 474-481, August.
- van Ommeren, Jos & Rietveld, Piet & Nijkamp, Peter, 1997. "Commuting: In Search of Jobs and Residences," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 402-421, November.
- van Ommeren, Jos & Rietveld, Piet & Nijkamp, Peter, 1999. "Job Moving, Residential Moving, and Commuting: A Search Perspective," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 230-253, September.
- Egger, Peter, 2000.
"A note on the proper econometric specification of the gravity equation,"
Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 25-31, January.
- Peter Egger, "undated". "A Note on the Proper Econometric Specification of the Gravity Equation," WIFO Working Papers 108, WIFO.
- Harald Oberhofer & Tassilo Philippovich & Hannes Winner, 2008. "Distance Matters - Evidence from Professional Team Sports," Working Papers 2008-16, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Goddard, John, 2005. "Regression models for forecasting goals and match results in association football," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 331-340.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Benjamin Furlan & Harald Oberhofer & Hannes Winner, 2016.
"A note on merger and acquisition evaluation,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 25(3), pages 447-455.
- Furlan, Benjamin & Oberhofer, Harald & Winner , Hannes, 2014. "A Note on Merger and Acquisition Evaluation," Working Papers in Economics 2014-2, University of Salzburg.
- Benjamin Furlan & Harald Oberhofer & Hannes Winner, 2014. "A Note on Merger and Acquisition Evaluation," WIFO Working Papers 462, WIFO.
- Michela Ponzo & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2014.
"Does the Home Advantage Depend on Crowd Support? Evidence from Same-Stadium Derbies,"
CSEF Working Papers
376, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Michela Ponzo & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2014. "Does The Home Advantage Depend On Crowd Support? Evidence From Same-Stadium Derbies," Working Papers 201402, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Ponzo, Michela & Scoppa, Vincenzo, 2014. "Does the Home Advantage Depend on Crowd Support? Evidence from Same-Stadium Derbies," IZA Discussion Papers 8105, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Thomas Dohmen & Jan Sauermann, 2016. "Referee Bias," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(4), pages 679-695, September.
- Verhoest, Koen & Petersen, Ole Helby & Scherrer, Walter & Murwantara Soecipto, Raden, 2014. "Policy commitment, legal and regulatory framework, and institutional support for PPP in international comparison: Indexing countries’ readiness for taking up PPP," Working Papers in Economics 2014-3, University of Salzburg.
- Krumer, Alex & Lechner, Michael, 2016. "Midweek Effect on Performance: Evidence from the German Soccer Bundesliga," Economics Working Paper Series 1609, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Jesus Crespo Cuaresma & Max Roser, 2012.
"Borders Redrawn: Measuring the Statistical Creation of International Trade,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(7), pages 946-952, July.
- Crespo Cuaresma, Jesus & Roser, Max, 2011. "Borders redrawn: Measuring the statistical creation of international trade," Working Papers in Economics 2011-4, University of Salzburg.
- Harald Oberhofer & Matthias Stöckl & Hannes Winner, 2012.
"The Wage Premium of Globalisation: Evidence from European Mergers and Acquisitions,"
WIFO Working Papers
- Oberhofer, Harald & Stöckl, Matthias & Winner, Hannes, 2012. "The wage premium of globalization: Evidence from European mergers and acquisitions," Economics Discussion Papers 2012-6, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Oberhofer, Harald & Stöckl, Matthias & Winner, Hannes, 2012. "The Wage Premium of Globalization: Evidence from European Mergers and Acquisitions," Working Papers in Economics 2012-1, University of Salzburg.
- Scoppa, Vincenzo, 2013.
"Fatigue and Team Performance in Soccer: Evidence from the FIFA World Cup and the UEFA European Championship,"
IZA Discussion Papers
7519, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Vincenzo Scoppa, 2013. "Fatigue And Team Performance In Soccer: Evidence From The Fifa World Cup And The Uefa European Championship," Working Papers 201301, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Rathner, Sebastian, 2012. "The Performance of Socially Responsible Investment Funds: A Meta-Analysis," Working Papers in Economics 2012-3, University of Salzburg.
- Rathner, Sebastian, 2013. "The Relative Performance of Socially Responsible Investment Funds. New Evidence from Austria," Working Papers in Economics 2013-1, University of Salzburg.
- Loretz, Simon & Oberhofer, Harald, 2014. "When Helping the Small Hurts the Middle: Beer Excise Duties and Market Concentration," Working Papers in Economics 2014-5, University of Salzburg.
More about this item
KeywordsProfessional team performance; distance; event count data; poisson regression model;
- C29 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Other
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:sbgwpe:2009_001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jörg Paetzold). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwsbgat.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.