Competition, Banking Stability and Growth: Evidence from the dual banking system in OIC countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Panzar, John C & Rosse, James N, 1987. "Testing for "Monopoly" Equilibrium," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 443-456, June.
- Stijn Claessens & Luc Laeven, 2004.
"What drives bank competition? Some international evidence,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 563-592.
- Claessens, Stijn & Laeven, Luc, 2004. "What Drives Bank Competition? Some International Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 563-583, June.
- Claessens, Stijn & Laeven, Luc, 2003. "What drives bank competition? some international evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3113, The World Bank.
- Tabak, Benjamin M. & Fazio, Dimas M. & Cajueiro, Daniel O., 2012.
"The relationship between banking market competition and risk-taking: Do size and capitalization matter?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 3366-3381.
- Benjamin M. Tabak & Dimas M. Fazio & Daniel O. Cajueiro, 2011. "The Relationship Between Banking Market Competition and Risk-taking: Do Size and Capitalization Matter?," Working Papers Series 261, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Beck, Thorsten & Levine, Ross, 2004. "Stock markets, banks, and growth: Panel evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 423-442, March.
- Jan Boone, 2008.
"A New Way to Measure Competition,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(531), pages 1245-1261, August.
- Boone, J., 2004. "A New Way to Measure Competition," Discussion Paper 2004-004, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Boone, Jan, 2004. "A New Way to Measure Competition," CEPR Discussion Papers 4330, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Boone, J., 2004. "A New Way to Measure Competition," Discussion Paper 2004-31, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Martin Čihák & Heiko Hesse, 2010.
"Islamic Banks and Financial Stability: An Empirical Analysis,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 38(2), pages 95-113, December.
- Martin Cihak & Heiko Hesse, 2008. "Islamic Banks and Financial Stability; An Empirical Analysis," IMF Working Papers 08/16, International Monetary Fund.
- Kendall, Jake, 2012. "Local financial development and growth," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1548-1562.
- Ariss, Rima Turk, 2010. "Competitive conditions in Islamic and conventional banking: A global perspective," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 101-108, August.
- Panicos Demetriades & Siong Hook Law, 2006. "Finance, institutions and economic development," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(3), pages 245-260.
- Michiel van Leuvensteijn & Jacob Bikker & Adrian van Rixtel & Christoffer Kok Sørensen, 2011.
"A new approach to measuring competition in the loan markets of the euro area,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(23), pages 3155-3167.
- Leuvensteijn, Michiel van & Bikker, Jacob A. & Rixtel, Adrian A.R.J.M. van & Kok-Sørensen, Christoffer, 2007. "A new approach to measuring competition in the loan markets of the euro area," CEI Working Paper Series 2007-6, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Michiel van Leuvensteijn & Jacob Bikker & Adrian van Rixtel & Christoffer Kok-Sorensen, 2007. "A new approach to measuring competition in the loan markets of the euro area," DNB Working Papers 143, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Michiel van Leuvensteijn & Jacob A. Bikker & Adrian van Rixtel & Christoffer Kok-Sørensen, 2007. "A new approach to measuring competition in the loan markets of the euro area," Working Papers 0736, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Van Rixtel, Adrian & Kok, Christoffer & van Leuvensteijn, Michiel & Bikker, Jacob A., 2007. "A new approach to measuring competition in the loan markets of the euro area," Working Paper Series 768, European Central Bank.
- Michiel van Leuvensteijn & J.A. Bikker & A.A.R.J.M. Rixtel & C. Kok-Sorensen, 2007. "A new approach to measuring competition in the loan markets of the Euro area," CPB Discussion Paper 84, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Klaus Schaeck & Martin Cihák, 2014. "Competition, Efficiency, and Stability in Banking," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 43(1), pages 215-241, March.
- repec:elg:eechap:16878_10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Klaus Schaeck & Martin Cihak & Simon Wolfe, 2009. "Are Competitive Banking Systems More Stable?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 41(4), pages 711-734, June.
- Fiordelisi, Franco & Mare, Davide Salvatore, 2014. "Competition and financial stability in European cooperative banks," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 1-16.
- Allen N. Berger & Leora F. Klapper & Rima Turk-Ariss, 2017.
"Bank competition and financial stability,"
Chapters,in: Handbook of Competition in Banking and Finance, chapter 10, pages 185-204
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jalil, Abdul & Feridun, Mete & Ma, Ying, 2010.
"Finance-growth nexus in China revisited: New evidence from principal components and ARDL bounds tests,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 189-195, April.
- Jalil, Abdul & Feridun, Mete & Ma, Ying, 2010. "Finance-growth nexus in China revisited: New evidence from principal components and ARDL bounds tests," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 7918, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Beck, Thorsten & Levine, Ross & Loayza, Norman, 2000. "Finance and the sources of growth," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1-2), pages 261-300.
- Kevin C. Murdock & Thomas F. Hellmann & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2000. "Liberalization, Moral Hazard in Banking, and Prudential Regulation: Are Capital Requirements Enough?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(1), pages 147-165, March.
- Xavier Vives, 2008. "INNOVATION AND COMPETITIVE PRESSURE -super-," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(3), pages 419-469, December.
More about this item
KeywordsCompetition; Boone Index; Stability; Islamic Banks; OIC Countries;
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- Z12 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Religion
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-09-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2017-09-03 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-FDG-2017-09-03 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-GRO-2017-09-03 (Economic Growth)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:irtiwp:2017_006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Research Division). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/irisbsa.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.