The Development and Transformation of the People’s Republic of China’s Financial System
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Allen, Franklin & Qian, Jun & Qian, Meijun, 2005. "Law, finance, and economic growth in China," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 57-116, July.
- Laixiang Sun & Damian Tobin, 2005. "International Listing as a Mechanism of Commitment to More Credible Corporate Governance Practices: the case of the Bank of China (Hong Kong)," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(1), pages 81-91, January.
- Fredrik N. G. Andersson & Katarzyna Burzynska & Sonja Opper, 2016.
"Lending for growth? A Granger causality analysis of China’s finance–growth nexus,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 51(3), pages 897-920, November.
- Andersson, Fredrik N.G. & Burzynska, Katarzyna & Opper, Sonja, 2014. "Lending for Growth? A Granger Causality Analysis of China's Finance-Growth Nexus," Knut Wicksell Working Paper Series 2014/6, Lund University, Knut Wicksell Centre for Financial Studies.
- Huang,Yasheng, 2008. "Capitalism with Chinese Characteristics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521898102, February.
- Jia, Chunxin, 2009. "The effect of ownership on the prudential behavior of banks - The case of China," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 77-87, January.
- Lin, Xiaochi & Zhang, Yi, 2009. "Bank ownership reform and bank performance in China," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 20-29, January.
- Kellee Tsai, 2015. "Financing Small and Medium Enterprises in China: Recent Trends and Prospects beyond Shadow Banking," HKUST IEMS Working Paper Series 2015-24, HKUST Institute for Emerging Market Studies, revised May 2015.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wei Yin & Berna Kirkulak-Uludag & Kent Matthews, 2020. "Financialization, religion, and social trust in rural China," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 15(10), pages 1-18, October.
- Yang, Jian & Yu, Ziliang & Ma, Jun, 2019. "China's financial network with international spillovers: A first look," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 58(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Hao, Xiangchao & Shi, Jing & Yang, Jian, 2014. "The differential impact of the bank–firm relationship on IPO underpricing: evidence from China," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 207-232.
- Chen, Zhao & Poncet, Sandra & Xiong, Ruixiang, 2020.
"Local financial development and constraints on domestic private-firm exports: Evidence from city commercial banks in China,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 56-75.
- Zhao Chen & Sandra Poncet & Ruixiang Xiong, 2020. "Local financial development and constraints on domestic private-firm exports: Evidence from city commercial banks in China," Post-Print halshs-02491676, HAL.
- Zhao Chen & Sandra Poncet & Ruixiang Xiong, 2020. "Local financial development and constraints on domestic private-firm exports: Evidence from city commercial banks in China," PSE-Ecole d'économie de Paris (Postprint) halshs-02491676, HAL.
- Ma, Shuang & Wu, Xi & Gan, Li, 2019. "Credit accessibility, institutional deficiency and entrepreneurship in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 160-175.
- Tsai, Ying-Ju & Chen, Yi-Pei & Lin, Chi-Ling & Hung, Jung-Hua, 2014. "The effect of banking system reform on investment–cash flow sensitivity: Evidence from China," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 166-176.
- Li, Yang, 2020. "Analyzing efficiencies of city commercial banks in China: An application of the bootstrapped DEA approach," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 62(C).
- Zhang, Huili & Chan, Kam C., 2018. "Bank shareholding and corporate cash management: Evidence from China," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 235-253.
- Cheng, Maoyong & Zhao, Hong & Zhou, Mingming, 2020. "Foreign Strategic Investors, State Ownership, and Non-interest Activities: Evidence from China," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 50(C).
- Teng Lin & Marion Hutchinson & Majella Percy, 2015. "Earnings management and the role of the audit committee: an investigation of the influence of cross-listing and government officials on the audit committee," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 19(1), pages 197-227, February.
- Feng, Xunan & Johansson, Anders C. & Zhang, Tianyu, 2014.
"Political participation and entrepreneurial initial public offerings in China,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 269-285.
- Feng, Xunan & Johansson, Anders C. & Zhang, Tianyu, 2011. "Political Participation and Entrepreneurial Initial Public Offerings in China," Working Paper Series 2011-17, Stockholm School of Economics, China Economic Research Center.
- Liang, Qi & Xu, Pisun & Jiraporn, Pornsit, 2013. "Board characteristics and Chinese bank performance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 2953-2968.
- repec:wyi:journl:002133 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lin, Chen & Lin, Ping & Song, Frank M. & Li, Chuntao, 2011. "Managerial incentives, CEO characteristics and corporate innovation in China's private sector," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 176-190, June.
- Cheng, Maoyong & Geng, Hongyan & Zhang, Junrui, 2016. "Chinese commercial banks: Benefits from foreign strategic investors?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 40(PA), pages 147-172.
- Hao, Liang & Rong, Wang & Haikun, Zhu, 2020. "Growing up under Mao and Deng : On the ideological determinants of corporate policies," BOFIT Discussion Papers 20/2020, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Dong He & Honglin Wang, 2013. "Monetary Policy and Bank Lending in China - Evidence from Loan-Level Data," Working Papers 162013, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Shailer, Greg & Wang, Kun, 2015. "Government ownership and the cost of debt for Chinese listed corporations," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 1-17.
- Iftekhar Hasan & Nada Kobeissi & Haizhi Wang & Mingming Zhou, 2015.
"Banking Structure, Marketization, and Small Business Development: Regional Evidence From China,"
Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(3), pages 487-510, August.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Kobeissi, Nada & Wang, Haizhi & Zhou, Mingming, 2015. "Banking structure, marketization and small business development: Regional evidence from China," BOFIT Discussion Papers 11/2015, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Jun Du & Sourafel Girma, 2011. "Cost economies, efficiency and productivity growth in the Chinese banking industry: evidence from a quarterly panel dataset," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 199-226, August.
- Knyazeva, Anzhela & Knyazeva, Diana & Stiglitz, Joseph, 2009. "Ownership changes and access to external financing," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1804-1816, October.
- Dong, Yan & Liu, Zhentao & Shen, Zhe & Sun, Qian, 2016. "Does State Ownership Really Matter in Determining Access to Bank Loans? Evidence from China's Partial Privatization," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 40(PA), pages 73-85.
- Wu, Yuliang & Bowe, Michael, 2012. "Information disclosure and depositor discipline in the Chinese banking sector," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 855-878.
More about this item
KeywordsChina; financial markets; financial institutions; economic transformation;
All these keywords.
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G02 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Behavioral Finance: Underlying Principles
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- P34 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Finance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CNA-2018-07-09 (China)
- NEP-KNM-2018-07-09 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-TRA-2018-07-09 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:adbiwp:0825. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/adbinjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ADB Institute (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/adbinjp.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.