Bootstrap Confidence Sets with Weak Instruments
We study several methods of constructing confidence sets for the coefficient of the single right-hand-side endogenous variable in a linear equation with weak instruments. Two of these are based on conditional likelihood ratio (CLR) tests, and the others are based on inverting t statistics or the bootstrap P values associated with them. We propose a new method for constructing bootstrap confidence sets based on t statistics. In large samples, the procedures that generally work best are CLR confidence sets using asymptotic critical values and bootstrap confidence sets based on LIML estimates.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Kingston, Ontario, K7L 3N6|
Phone: (613) 533-2250
Fax: (613) 533-6668
Web page: http://qed.econ.queensu.ca/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Davidson, Russell & Flachaire, Emmanuel, 2008.
"The wild bootstrap, tamed at last,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 146(1), pages 162-169, September.
- Davidson, R. & Flachaire, E., 1999. "The Wild Bootstrap, Tamed at Last," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 99a32, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Russell Davidson & Emmanuel Flachaire, 2008. "The wild bootstrap, tamed at last," Post-Print hal-00649250, HAL.
- Russell Davidson & Emmanuel Flachaire, 2001. "The Wild Bootstrap, Tamed at Last," Working Papers 1000, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Emmanuel Flachaire, 2001. "The Wild Bootstrap, Tamed at Last," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 58, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Russell Davidson & Emmanuel Flachaire, 2001. "The wild bootstrap, tamed at last," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6560, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Russell Davidson & Emmanuel Flachaire, 2000. "The Wild Bootstrap, Tamed at Last," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1413, Econometric Society.
- Stock, James H & Wright, Jonathan H & Yogo, Motohiro, 2002. "A Survey of Weak Instruments and Weak Identification in Generalized Method of Moments," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(4), pages 518-529, October.
- Mikusheva, Anna, 2010. "Robust confidence sets in the presence of weak instruments," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 157(2), pages 236-247, August.
- Marcelo J. Moreira & Jack R. Porter & Gustavo A. Suarez, 2004. "Bootstrap and Higher-Order Expansion Validity When Instruments May Be Weak," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2048, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Marcelo J. Moreira & Jack R. Porter & Gustavo A. Suarez, 2004. "Bootstrap and Higher-Order Expansion Validity When Instruments May Be Weak," NBER Technical Working Papers 0302, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrews, Donald W.K. & Moreira, Marcelo J. & Stock, James H., 2007. "Performance of conditional Wald tests in IV regression with weak instruments," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 139(1), pages 116-132, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qed:wpaper:1278. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Babcock)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.