Optimal Taxation with Consumption Time as a Leisure or Labor Substitute
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Boadway, Robin & Gahvari, Firouz, 2006. "Optimal taxation with consumption time as a leisure or labor substitute," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(10-11), pages 1851-1878, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sandmo, Agnar, 1974. "A Note on the Structure of Optimal Taxation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(4), pages 701-706, September.
- Bergstrom, Ted & Blomquist, Soren, 1996.
"The political economy of subsidized day care,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 443-457, November.
- Theodore C. Bergstrom & Sören Blomquist, "undated". "The Political Economy of Subsidized Day Care," ELSE working papers 015, ESRC Centre on Economics Learning and Social Evolution.
- Bergstrom, T. & Blomquist, S., 1993. "The Political Economy of Subsidized Day Care," Papers 93-30, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Bergstrom, T. & Blomqust, S., 1993. "The Political Econmomy of Subsidized Day Care," Papers 1993-15, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Ted Bergstrom & Soren Blomquist, 1994. "The Political Economy of Publicly Supplied Day Care," Papers _034, University of Michigan, Department of Economics.
- Ted Bergstrom & Soren Blomquist, 1994. "Political Economy of Subsidized Day Care," Public Economics 9401001, EconWPA.
- Firouz Gahvari & C.C. Yang, 1993. "Optimal Commodity Taxation and Household Consumption Activities," Public Finance Review, , vol. 21(4), pages 479-487, October.
- Deaton, Angus, 1977. "Equity, efficiency, and the structure of indirect taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 299-312, December.
- Diamond, P. A., 1975. "A many-person Ramsey tax rule," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 335-342, November.
- Auerbach, Alan J. & Hines, James Jr., 2002. "Taxation and economic efficiency," Handbook of Public Economics,in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 21, pages 1347-1421 Elsevier.
- Kleven, Henrik Jacobsen, 2004. "Optimum taxation and the allocation of time," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(3-4), pages 545-557, March.
- K. K. Lancaster, 2010. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1385, David K. Levine.
- W. J. Corlett & D. C. Hague, 1953. "Complementarity and the Excess Burden of Taxation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(1), pages 21-30.
- Kleven, Henrik Jacobsen & Richter, Wolfram F & Sorensen, Peter Birch, 2000. "Optimal Taxation with Household Production," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(3), pages 584-594, July.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132-132.
- Peter A. Diamond & J. A. Mirrlees, 1968. "Optimal Taxation and Public Production," Working papers 22, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Atkinson, A. B. & Stiglitz, J. E., 1976. "The design of tax structure: Direct versus indirect taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 55-75.
- Diamond, Peter A & Mirrlees, James A, 1971. "Optimal Taxation and Public Production II: Tax Rules," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(3), pages 261-278, June.
- Firouz Gahvari, 2007. "On Optimal Commodity Taxes When Consumption Is Time Consuming," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 9(1), pages 1-27, February.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Gahvari, Firouz, 1997. "In-kind transfers, self-selection and optimal tax policy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 97-114, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sam Allgood, 2009. "The Collective Household, Household Production and Efficiency of Marginal Reforms," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 11(5), pages 749-771, October.
- Boadway, Robin & Song, Zhen, 2016.
"Indirect taxes for redistribution: Should necessity goods be favored?,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 64-88.
- Robin Boadway & Pierre Pestieau, 2011. "Indirect Taxes for Redistribution: Should Necessity Goods be Favored?," CESifo Working Paper Series 3667, CESifo Group Munich.
- BOADWAY, Robin & PESTIEAU, Pierre, 2011. "Indirect taxes for redistribution: should necessity goods be favored?," CORE Discussion Papers 2011066, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & Richard M. Bird, 2011.
"Value-Added Tax: Onward and Upward?,"
Chapters,in: The Elgar Guide to Tax Systems, chapter 6
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & Richard M. Bird, 2010. "Value Added Tax: Onward and Upward?," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1026, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Marcelo Arbex & Enlinson Mattos, 2015.
"Optimal sales tax rebates and tax enforcement consumers,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 67(2), pages 479-493.
- Marcelo Arbex & Enlinson Mattos, 2013. "Optimal Sales Tax Rebates and Tax Enforcement Consumers," Working Papers 1302, University of Windsor, Department of Economics.
- Borger, Bruno De, 2011. "Optimal congestion taxes in a time allocation model," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 79-95, January.
- Jean Lim & Carolina Rodríguez-Zamora, 2010. "The Optimal Tax Rule in the Presence of Time Use," Working Papers 2010-05, Banco de México.
- C. Benassi & E. Randon, 2015. "Optimal Commodity Taxation and Income Distribution," Working Papers wp1001, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Robin Boadway, 2012. "Recent Advances in Optimal Income Taxation," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 200(1), pages 15-39, March.
- Antonio Russo, 2015.
"Pricing of Transport Networks, Redistribution, and Optimal Taxation,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 17(5), pages 605-640, October.
- Russo, Antonio, 2012. "Pricing of Transport Networks, Redistribution and Optimal Taxation," TSE Working Papers 12-353, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Peter Sørensen, 2007. "The theory of optimal taxation: what is the policy relevance?," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 14(4), pages 383-406, August.
More about this item
Keywordsconsumption time; labor substitutes; leisure substitutes; optimal taxation;
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-06-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2006-06-03 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2006-06-03 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qed:wpaper:1068. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Babcock). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/qedquca.html .