University Education, Public Research and Employment Growth in Regions â€“ An Empirical Study of Germany
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Salter, Ammon J. & Martin, Ben R., 2001. "The economic benefits of publicly funded basic research: a critical review," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 509-532, March.
- Michael Fritsch & Viktor Slavtchev, 2007. "Universities and Innovation in Space," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 201-218.
- Breschi, Stefano & Lissoni, Francesco, 2001.
"Knowledge Spillovers and Local Innovation Systems: A Critical Survey,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 975-1005, December.
- Breschi, Stefano & Lissoni, Francesco, 2000. "Knowledge Spillovers And Local Innovation Systems: A Critical Survey," ERSA conference papers ersa00p362, European Regional Science Association.
- Stefano Breschi & Francesco Lissoni, 2001. "Knowledge spillovers and local innovation systems: a critical survey," LIUC Papers in Economics 84, Cattaneo University (LIUC).
- Thomas Brenner & Tom Broekel, 2011.
"Methodological Issues in Measuring Innovation Performance of Spatial Units,"
Industry and Innovation,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 7-37.
- Thomas Brenner & Tom Broekel, 2009. "Methodological Issues in Measuring Innovation Performance of Spatial Units," Working Papers on Innovation and Space 2009-01, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Thomas Brenner & Tom Broekel, 2009. "Methodological Issues in Measuring Innovation Performance of Spatial Units," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0904, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Apr 2009.
- Anselin, Luc & Varga, Attila & Acs, Zoltan, 1997. "Local Geographic Spillovers between University Research and High Technology Innovations," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 422-448, November.
- Jaffe, Adam B, 1989. "Real Effects of Academic Research," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 957-970, December.
- Eckey, Hans-Friedrich & Schwengler, Barbara & Türck, Matthias, 2007. "Vergleich von deutschen Arbeitsmarktregionen," IAB Discussion Paper 200703, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Anthony Arundel & Aldo Geuna, 2004.
"Proximity and the use of public science by innovative European firms,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(6), pages 559-580.
- Geuna, Aldo & Anthony Arundel, 2003. "Proximity and the Use of Public Science by Innovate European Firms," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 86, Royal Economic Society.
- Thomas Doring & Jan Schnellenbach, 2006.
"What do we know about geographical knowledge spillovers and regional growth?: A survey of the literature,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(3), pages 375-395.
- Döring, Thomas & Schnellenbach, Jan, 2004. "What Do We Know About Geographical Knowledge Spillovers and Regional Growth? A Survey of the Literature," Research Notes 14, Deutsche Bank Research.
- David Huffman & John M. Quigley, 2002.
"The role of the university in attracting high tech entrepreneurship: A Silicon Valley tale,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 36(3), pages 403-419.
- Huffman, David & Quigley, John M., 2002. "The Role of the University in Attracting High Tech Entrepreneurship: A Silicon Valley Tale," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt39p8c937, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Ian Smith & Zoltan J. Acs & Felix R. FitzRoy, 2002. "High-technology employment and R&D in cities: Heterogeneity vs specialization," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 36(3), pages 373-386.
- Paul M. Romer, 1994. "The Origins of Endogenous Growth," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 3-22, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas Brenner & Matthias Duschl, 2014. "Modelling Firm and Market Dynamics - A Flexible Model Reproducing Existing Stylized Facts," Working Papers on Innovation and Space 2014-07, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Matthias Duschl & Thomas Brenner, 2013. "Characteristics of regional industry-specific employment growth rates' distributions," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 92(2), pages 249-270, June.
- Duschl, Matthias & Schimke, Antje & Brenner, Thomas & Luxen, Dennis, 2011. "Firm growth and the spatial impact of geolocated external factors: Empirical evidence for German manufacturing firms," Working Paper Series in Economics 36, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Department of Economics and Business Engineering.
- Brenner, Thomas, 2015. "Science, Innovation and National Growth," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112873, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Matthias Duschl & Thomas Brenner, 2011. "Characteristics of Regional Industry-specific Employment Growth â€“ Empirical Evidence for Germany," Working Papers on Innovation and Space 2011-07, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Torben Schubert & Henning Kroll, 2016. "Universities’ effects on regional GDP and unemployment: The case of Germany," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(3), pages 467-489, August.
- Matthias Duschl & Antje Schimke & Thomas Brenner & Dennis Luxen, 2011. "Firm Growth and the Spatial Impact of Geolocated External Factors â€“ Empirical Evidence for German Manufacturing Firms," Working Papers on Innovation and Space 2011-03, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
More about this item
KeywordsUniversities; Research Institutes; Regional Employment Growth;
- H52 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Education
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
- J20 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-06-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2010-06-11 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EDU-2010-06-11 (Education)
- NEP-GEO-2010-06-11 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-IPR-2010-06-11 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-LAB-2010-06-11 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-SBM-2010-06-11 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-URE-2010-06-11 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pum:wpaper:2010-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christoph Mengs). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vamarde.html .