Investigating International Portfolio Diversification Opportunities for the Asian Islamic Stock Market Investors
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Amélie Charles & Olivier Darné & Adrian Pop, 2011. "Is the Islamic Finance Model More Resilient than the Conventional Finance Model? Evidence from sudden changes in the volatility of Dow Jones indexes," Post-Print hal-00763015, HAL.
- Flavin, Thomas J. & Panopoulou, Ekaterini & Unalmis, Deren, 2008.
"On the stability of domestic financial market linkages in the presence of time-varying volatility,"
Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 280-301, December.
- Thomas J. Flavin & Ekaterini Panopoulou & Deren Unalmis, 2008. "On the Stability of Domestic Financial Market Linkages in the Presence of time-varying Volatility," Working Papers 0810, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Thomas J. Flavin & Ekaterini Panopoulou & Deren Unalmis, 2008. "On the stability of domestic financial market linkages in the presence of time-varying volatility," Economics Department Working Paper Series n1981108.pdf, Department of Economics, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Luís Aguiar-Conraria & Maria Soares, 2011. "Oil and the macroeconomy: using wavelets to analyze old issues," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 645-655, May.
- Vacha, Lukas & Barunik, Jozef, 2012.
"Co-movement of energy commodities revisited: Evidence from wavelet coherence analysis,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 241-247.
- Lukas Vacha & Jozef Barunik, 2012. "Co-movement of energy commodities revisited: Evidence from wavelet coherence analysis," Papers 1201.4776, arXiv.org.
- Gençay, Ramazan & Selçuk, Faruk & Whitcher, Brandon, 2001. "Differentiating intraday seasonalities through wavelet multi-scaling," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 289(3), pages 543-556.
- Bertero, Elisabetta & Mayer, Colin, 1990.
"Structure and performance: Global interdependence of stock markets around the crash of October 1987,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1155-1180, September.
- Bertero, Elisabetta & Mayer, Colin, 1989. "Structure and Performance: Global Interdependence of Stock Markets Around the Crash of October 1987," CEPR Discussion Papers 307, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Haitham A. Al-Zoubi & Aktham I. Maghyereh, 2007. "The Relative Risk Performance Of Islamic Finance: A New Guide To Less Risky Investments," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 10(02), pages 235-249.
- Longin, Francois & Solnik, Bruno, 1995. "Is the correlation in international equity returns constant: 1960-1990?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-26, February.
- Mara Madaleno & Carlos Pinho, 2012. "International stock market indices comovements: a new look," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(1), pages 89-102, January.
- Wing-Keung Wong & Aman Agarwal & Jun Du, 2005. "Financial Integration for India Stock Market, a Fractional Cointegration Approach," Departmental Working Papers wp0501, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Engle, Robert, 2002. "Dynamic Conditional Correlation: A Simple Class of Multivariate Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(3), pages 339-350, July.
- Hamao, Yasushi & Masulis, Ronald W & Ng, Victor, 1990. "Correlations in Price Changes and Volatility across International Stock Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(2), pages 281-307.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Middleton, C.A.J. & Fifield, S.G.M. & Power, D.M., 2008. "An investigation of the benefits of portfolio investment in Central and Eastern European stock markets," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 162-174, June.
- Kasa, Kenneth, 1992. "Common stochastic trends in international stock markets," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 95-124, February.
- M. Shabri Abd. Majid & Ahamed Kameel Mydin Meera & Mohd. Azmi Omar, 2008. "Interdependence of ASEAN-5 Stock Markets from the US and Japan," Global Economic Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(2), pages 201-225.
- Eun, Cheol S. & Shim, Sangdal, 1989. "International Transmission of Stock Market Movements," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(2), pages 241-256, June.
- Becker, Kent G & Finnerty, Joseph E & Gupta, Manoj, 1990. "The Intertemporal Relation between the U.S. and Japanese Stock Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1297-1306, September.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1990. "Modelling the Coherence in Short-run Nominal Exchange Rates: A Multivariate Generalized ARCH Model," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(3), pages 498-505, August.
- Rezayat, Fahimeh & Yavas, Burhan F., 2006. "International portfolio diversification: A study of linkages among the U.S., European and Japanese equity markets," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 440-458, October.
- Amélie Charles, 2011. "Is the Islamic Finance Model More Resilient than the Conventional Finance Model? Evidence from sudden changes in the volatility of Dow Jones indexes," Post-Print hal-00763010, HAL.
- Nazrol Kamil Mustaffa Kamil & Obiyathulla Ismath Bacha & Abul Mansur Mohammed Masih, 2012. "Do ‘Sin Stocks’ Deprive Islamic Stock Portfolios of Diversification? Some Insights from the Use of MGARCH-DCC," Capital Markets Review, Malaysian Finance Association, vol. 20(1&2), pages 43-64.
- Sheng-Yung Yang, 2005. "A DCC analysis of international stock market correlations: the role of Japan on the Asian Four Tigers," Applied Financial Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 89-93, March.
- Grubel, Herbert G & Fadner, Kenneth, 1971. "The Interdependence of International Equity Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 26(1), pages 89-94, March.
- Yuan-Hung Hsu Ku, 2008. "Student-t distribution based VAR-MGARCH: an application of the DCC model on international portfolio risk management," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(13), pages 1685-1697.
- Bakri Abdul Karim & Nor Akila Mohd. Kassim & Mohammad Affendy Arip, 2010. "The subprime crisis and Islamic stock markets integration," International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(4), pages 363-371, November.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Yildirim, Ramazan & Masih, A. Mansur M., 2014. "The Effect of Recent Financial Crisis over Global Portfolio Diversification Opportunities – Empirical Evidence A Comparative Multivariate GARCH-DCC, MODWT and Wavelet Correlation Analysis," MPRA Paper 58269, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Umirah, Fatin & Masih, Mansur, 2017.
"Should the Malaysian Islamic stock market investors invest in regional and international equity market to gain portfolio diversification benefits ?,"
79762, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Umairah, Fatin & Masih, Mansur, 2017. "Should the Malaysian islamic stock market investors invest in regional and international equity markets to gain portfolio diversification benefits?," MPRA Paper 82117, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ali, Hakim & Masih, Mansur, 2016. "Evidence of cross-country portfolio diversification benefits: The case of Saudi Arabia," MPRA Paper 72180, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ilhan, Bilal & Masih, Mansur, 2014. "Do Portfolio Diversification Opportunities exist across the Euro Zone Islamic Equity Markets? MGARCH-DCC and Wavelet Correlation Analysis," MPRA Paper 57688, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Avishek Bhandari, 2020. "A wavelet analysis of inter-dependence, contagion and long memory among global equity markets," Papers 2003.14110, arXiv.org.
- Kundu, Srikanta & Sarkar, Nityananda, 2016. "Return and volatility interdependences in up and down markets across developed and emerging countries," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 297-311.
- Rahim, Adam Mohamed & Masih, Mansur, 2016. "Portfolio diversification benefits of Islamic investors with their major trading partners: Evidence from Malaysia based on MGARCH-DCC and wavelet approaches," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 425-438.
- Claudeci Da Silva & Hugo Agudelo Murillo & Joaquim Miguel Couto, 2014. "Early Warning Systems: Análise De Ummodelo Probit De Contágio De Crise Dos Estados Unidos Para O Brasil(2000-2010)," Anais do XL Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 40th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 110, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Shakir, Zeeniya & Masih, Mansur, 2016. "How is the European debt crisis affecting islamic equity? challenges in portfolio diversification within the eurozone: A markov switching and continuous wavelet transform analysis," MPRA Paper 71683, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mahfuzul Haque & Imen Kouki, 2009. "Effect of 9/11 on the conditional time-varying equity risk premium: evidence from developed markets," Journal of Risk Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 10(3), pages 261-276, May.
- Rahim, Adam Mohamed & Masih, Mansur, 2014. "Portfolio Diversification Benefits of Islamic Stocks and Malaysia’s Major Trading Partners:MGARCH-DCC and Wavelet Correlation Approaches," MPRA Paper 58903, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Payal Jain & Sanjay Sehgal, 2019. "An examination of return and volatility spillovers between mature equity markets," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 43(1), pages 180-210, January.
- Gagnon, Louis & Karolyi, G. Andrew, 2006. "Price and Volatility Transmission across Borders," Working Paper Series 2006-5, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Constantinos Katrakilidis & Athanasios Koulakiotis, 2006. "The Impact of Stock Exchange Rules on Volatility and Error Transmission -- The Case of Frankfurt and Zurich Cross-Listed Equities," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 7(2), pages 321-338, November.
- Najeeb, Syed Faiq & Bacha, Obiyathulla & Masih, Mansur, 2014. "Does a held-to-maturity strategy impede effective portfolio diversification for Islamic bond (sukuk) portfolios? A multi-scale continuous wavelet correlation analysis," MPRA Paper 56956, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Neaime, Simon, 2012. "The global financial crisis, financial linkages and correlations in returns and volatilities in emerging MENA stock markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 268-282.
- Marfatia, Hardik A., 2017. "A fresh look at integration of risks in the international stock markets: A wavelet approach," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 33-49.
- Hakim, Abdul & McAleer, Michael, 2009. "Forecasting conditional correlations in stock, bond and foreign exchange markets," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 79(9), pages 2830-2846.
- Nanying Wang & Jack E. Houston, 2016. "The Co-Movement between Non-GM and GM Soybean Prices in China: Evidence from Dalian Futures Market (2004-2014)," Applied Economics and Finance, Redfame publishing, vol. 3(4), pages 37-47, November.
- Bhuiyan, Rubaiyat Ahsan & Rahman, Maya Puspa & Saiti, Buerhan & Ghani, Gairuzazmi Bin Mat, 2019. "Does the Malaysian Sovereign sukuk market offer portfolio diversification opportunities for global fixed-income investors? Evidence from wavelet coherence and multivariate-GARCH analyses," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 675-687.
More about this item
KeywordsMGARCH-DCC; MODWT; Continuous Wavelet Transform CWT; Contagion; Volatility Spillover; Shariah Indices;
All these keywords.
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:90281. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.