A Model of Competition between Multinationals
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Neary, J. Peter, 2009. "Trade costs and foreign direct investment," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 207-218, March.
- Farrell, Joseph & Shapiro, Carl, 1990.
"Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 80(1), pages 107-126, March.
- Farrell, J. & Shapiro, C., 1988. "Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis," Papers 17, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Discussion Paper.
- Farrell, Joseph & Shapiro, Carl, 1988. "Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt0tp305nx, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Joseph Farrell and Carl Shapiro., 1988. "Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis," Economics Working Papers 8880, University of California at Berkeley.
- David Hennessy, 2000.
"Cournot Oligopoly Conditions under which Any Horizontal Merger Is Profitable,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 17(3), pages 277-284, November.
- Hennessy, David A., 2000. "Cournot Oligopoly Conditions Under Which Any Horizontal Merger is Profitable," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1699, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Bjorvatn, Kjetil, 2004. "Economic integration and the profitability of cross-border mergers and acquisitions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(6), pages 1211-1226, December.
- Barros, Pedro Pita, 1998. "Endogenous mergers and size asymmetry of merger participants," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 113-119, July.
- Defever, Fabrice & Heid, Benedikt & Larch, Mario, 2015. "Spatial exporters," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 145-156.
- Stephen W. Salant & Sheldon Switzer & Robert J. Reynolds, 1983. "Losses From Horizontal Merger: The Effects of an Exogenous Change in Industry Structure on Cournot-Nash Equilibrium," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(2), pages 185-199.
- Bulow, Jeremy I & Geanakoplos, John D & Klemperer, Paul D, 1985. "Multimarket Oligopoly: Strategic Substitutes and Complements," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(3), pages 488-511, June.
- Albornoz, Facundo & Calvo Pardo, Héctor F. & Corcos, Gregory & Ornelas, Emanuel, 2012.
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 17-31.
- Hector Calvo & Gregory Corcos & Emanuel Ornelas & Facundo Albornoz, 2010. "Sequential Exporting," 2010 Meeting Papers 1065, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Facundo Albornoz & Hector Calvo-Pardo & Gregory Corcos & Emanuel Ornelas, 2010. "Sequential Exporting," CEP Discussion Papers dp0974, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Albornoz, Facundo & Calvo-Pardo, Héctor & Corcos, Gregory & Ornelas, Emanuel, 2010. "Sequential exporting," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 28724, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Facundo Albornoz & Hector F. Calvo Pardo & Gregory Corcos & Emanuel Ornelas, 2010. "Sequential Exporting," Discussion Papers 10-08, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Albornoz-Crespo, Facundo & Calvo Pardo, Hector F. & Corcos, Gregory & Ornelas, Emanuel, 2010. "Sequential Exporting," CEPR Discussion Papers 8103, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Perry, Martin K & Porter, Robert H, 1985. "Oligopoly and the Incentive for Horizontal Merger," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 219-227, March.
- Gregor Andrade & Mark Mitchell & Erik Stafford, 2001. "New Evidence and Perspectives on Mergers," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(2), pages 103-120, Spring.
- Lommerud, Kjell Erik & Sorgard, Lars, 1997.
"Merger and product range rivalry,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 21-42, November.
- Lommerud, K.E. & Sorgard, L., 1997. "Merger and Product Range Rivalery," Norway; Department of Economics, University of Bergen 165, Department of Economics, University of Bergen.
- Beata S. Javorcik & Kamal Saggi, 2010.
"Technological Asymmetry Among Foreign Investors And Mode Of Entry,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 48(2), pages 415-433, April.
- Javorcik, Beata Smarzynska & Saggi, Kamal, 2004. "Technological asymmetry among foreign investors and mode of entry," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3196, The World Bank.
- Thomas Müller, 2007. "Analyzing Modes of Foreign Entry: Greenfield Investment versus Acquisition," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(1), pages 93-111, February.
- Pehr-Johan Norbäck & Lars Persson, 2008. "Globalization and profitability of cross-border mergers and acquisitions," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 35(2), pages 241-266, May.
- Eicher, Theo & Kang, Jong Woo, 2005.
"Trade, foreign direct investment or acquisition: Optimal entry modes for multinationals,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 207-228, June.
- Theo Eicher & Jong Woo Kang, 2004. "Trade, Foreign Direct Investment or Acquisition: Optimal Entry Modes for Multinationals," CESifo Working Paper Series 1174, CESifo Group Munich.
- Facundo Albornoz & Hector Calvo-Pardo & Gregory Corcos & Emanuel Ornelas, 2012. "Sequential exporting: how firms break into foreign markets," CentrePiece - The Magazine for Economic Performance 364, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Mukherjee, Arijit & Sengupta, Sarbajit, 2001. "Joint Ventures versus Fully Owned Subsidiaries: Multinational Strategies in Liberalizing Economies," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(1), pages 163-180, February.
- Raymond Deneckere & Carl Davidson, 1985. "Incentives to Form Coalitions with Bertrand Competition," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(4), pages 473-486, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Onur A. Koska, 2018.
"Gains from Multinational Competition for Cross-Border Firm Acquisition,"
ERC Working Papers
1801, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Jan 2018.
- Koska, Onur A., 2018. "Gains from multinational competition for crossborder firm acquisition," Economics Discussion Papers 2018-19, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
More about this item
KeywordsMarket Entry; Foreign Direct Investment; Acquisition; Trade;
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-12-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2015-12-01 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CSE-2015-12-01 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-INT-2015-12-01 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:68024. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .