Government Debt and its Macroeconomic Determinants – An Empirical Investigation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Herndon & Michael Ash & Robert Pollin, 2014.
"Does high public debt consistently stifle economic growth? A critique of Reinhart and Rogoff,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 38(2), pages 257-279.
- Thomas Herndon & Michael Ash & Robert Pollin, 2013. "Does High Public Debt Consistently Stifle Economic Growth? A Critique of Reinhart and Rogo ff," Working Papers wp322, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Balázs Égert, 2015.
"Public debt, economic growth and nonlinear effects: Myth or reality?,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 226-238.
- Balázs Égert, 2012. "Public debt, economic growth and nonlinear effects: Myth or reality?," EconomiX Working Papers 2012-44, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Balazs Egert, 2013. "Public Debt, Economic Growth and Nonlinear Effects: Myth or Reality," CESifo Working Paper Series 4157, CESifo Group Munich.
- Balázs Égert, 2015. "Public debt, economic growth and nonlinear effects: Myth or reality?," Post-Print hal-01386037, HAL.
- Balázs Égert, 2012. "Public Debt, Economic Growth and Nonlinear Effects: Myth or Reality?," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 993, OECD Publishing.
- Bal??zs ??gert, 2013. "Public debt, economic growth and nonlinear effects: Myth or reality?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1042, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Vincent R. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2012. "Public Debt Overhangs: Advanced-Economy Episodes since 1800," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 26(3), pages 69-86, Summer.
- Jaejoon Woo & Manmohan S. Kumar, 2015. "Public Debt and Growth," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 82(328), pages 705-739, October.
- Baum, Anja & Checherita-Westphal, Cristina & Rother, Philipp, 2013. "Debt and growth: New evidence for the euro area," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 809-821.
- Barro, Robert J, 1979. "On the Determination of the Public Debt," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 940-971, October.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2010. "Debt and Growth Revisited," MPRA Paper 24376, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Kletzer, Kenneth, 2007.
"Economic Growth with Constraints on Tax Revenues and Public Debt: Implications for Fiscal Policy and Cross-Country Differences,"
Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt9421k9hq, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Joshua Aizenman & Kenneth Kletzer & Brian Pinto, 2007. "Economic Growth with Constraints on Tax Revenues and Public Debt: Implications for Fiscal Policy and Cross-Country Differences," NBER Working Papers 12750, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Forslund, Kristine & Lima, Lycia & Panizza, Ugo, 2011. "The determinants of the composition of public debt in developing and emerging market countries," POLIS Working Papers 156, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jecomi:v:6:y:2018:i:1:p:10-:d:130247 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:agr:journl:v:4(613):y:2017:i:4(613):p:161-168 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsGovernment Debt; economic growth; panel data; nonlinearity; country groupings;
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- C36 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Instrumental Variables (IV) Estimation
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
- O4 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
- O40 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
- O5 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies
- O50 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-05-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2015-05-09 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2015-05-09 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:64106. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.