Refunds as a Metering Device
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- George Loewenstein & Ted O'Donoghue & Matthew Rabin, 2003.
"Projection Bias in Predicting Future Utility,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 118(4), pages 1209-1248.
- Loewenstein, George & O'Donoghue, Ted & Rabin, Matthew, 2000. "Projection Bias in Predicting Future Utility," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt5qh6142m, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- George Loewenstein & Ted O'Donoghue & Matthew Rabin, 2001. "Projection Bias in Predicting Future Utility," General Economics and Teaching 0012003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Loewenstein, George & O'Donoghue, Ted & Rabin, Matthew, 2002. "Projection Bias in Predicting Future Utility," Working Papers 02-11, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- George Loewenstein, Ted O'Donoghue and Matthew Rabin., 2000. "Projection Bias in Predicting Future Utility," Economics Working Papers E00-284, University of California at Berkeley.
- Pascal Courty & Li Hao, 2000. "Sequential Screening," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 67(4), pages 697-717.
- Che, Yeon-Koo, 1996. "Customer Return Policies for Experience Goods," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(1), pages 17-24, March.
- Bonifield, Carolyn & Cole, Catherine & Schultz, Randall L., 2010. "Product returns on the Internet: A case of mixed signals?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(9-10), pages 1058-1065, September.
- Richard Schmalensee, 1981. "Monopolistic Two-Part Pricing Arrangements," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(2), pages 445-466, Autumn.
- Péter Eső & Balázs Szentes, 2007. "Optimal Information Disclosure in Auctions and the Handicap Auction," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 74(3), pages 705-731.
- Grossman, Sanford J, 1981. "The Informational Role of Warranties and Private Disclosure about Product Quality," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(3), pages 461-483, December.
- Avner Shaked & John Sutton, 1982. "Relaxing Price Competition Through Product Differentiation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(1), pages 3-13.
- Mann, Duncan P & Wissink, Jennifer P, 1990. "Money-Back Warranties vs. Replacement Warranties: A Simple Comparison," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 432-436, May.
- A. Michael Spence, 1975. "Monopoly, Quality, and Regulation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 6(2), pages 417-429, Autumn.
- Eric T. Anderson & Karsten Hansen & Duncan Simester, 2009. "The Option Value of Returns: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(3), pages 405-423, 05-06.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Inderst, Roman & Tirosh, Gilad, 2015. "Refunds and returns in a vertically differentiated industry," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 44-51.
- Roman Inderst & Marco Ottaviani, 2013.
"Sales Talk, Cancellation Terms and the Role of Consumer Protection,"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 80(3), pages 1002-1026.
- Roman Inderst & Marco Ottaviani, 2012. "Sales Talk, Cancellation Terms, and the Role of Consumer Protection," Working Papers 465, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Steven A. Matthews & Nicola Persico, 2007. "Information Acquisition and Refunds for Returns," PIER Working Paper Archive 07-021, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Wenyan Zhou & Oliver Hinz, 2016.
"Determining profit-optimizing return policies – a two-step approach on data from taobao.com,"
Electronic Markets, Springer;IIM University of St. Gallen, vol. 26(2), pages 103-114, May.
- Zhou, Wenyan & Hinz, Oliver, 2016. "Determining Profit-Optimizing Return Policies - A Two-Step Approach on Data from Taobao.com," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 84851, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- Raphael Boleslavsky & Christopher S. Cotton & Haresh Gurnani, 2017.
"Demonstrations and Price Competition in New Product Release,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 63(6), pages 2016-2026, June.
- Christopher Cotton & Haresh Gurnani & Raphael Boleslavsky, 2015. "Demonstrations And Price Competition In New Product Release," Working Paper 1347, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Tridib Sharma & Levent Ülkü, 2015. "Money-Back Guarantees," Working Papers 1502, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- Bahn, Kenneth D. & Boyd, Eric, 2014. "Information and its impact on consumers×³ reactions to restrictive return policies," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 415-423.
- Zhang, Jun, 2013. "Revenue maximizing with return policy when buyers have uncertain valuations," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 452-461.
- Petrikaitė, Vaiva, 2018. "A search model of costly product returns," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 236-251.
- Tatyana Chesnokova, 2007. "Return policies, market outcomes, and consumer welfare," Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 40(1), pages 296-316, February.
- Steven A. Matthews & Nicola Persico, 2005. "Information Acquisition and the Excess Refund Puzzle," PIER Working Paper Archive 05-015, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Heiman, Amir & Just, David R. & McWilliams, Bruce P. & Zilberman, David, 2015. "A prospect theory approach to assessing changes in parameters of insurance contracts with an application to money-back guarantees," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 105-117.
- Dailey, Lynn C. & Ülkü, M. Ali, 2018. "Retailers beware: On denied product returns and consumer behavior," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 202-209.
- Michel, Christian, 2017. "Market regulation of voluntary add-on contracts," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 239-268.
- José L. Vilar-Zanón & Eduardo Vilar & Antonio Heras, 2017. "Online product returns risk assessment and management," TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 25(3), pages 445-466, October.
- Allard Made, 2014. "Information Provision by Interest Groups," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 58(4), pages 649-664, August.
- Kim, Junyong & Wansink, Brian, 2012. "How Retailers’ Recommendation and Return Policies Alter Product Evaluations," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 88(4), pages 528-541.
- Barigozzi, Francesca & Ma, Ching-to Albert, 2018.
"Product differentiation with multiple qualities,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 380-412.
- F. Barigozzi & C. A. Ma, 2016. "Product Differentiation with Multiple Qualities," Working Papers wp1075, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Francesca Barigozzi & Ching-to Albert Ma, 2017. "Product Differentiation with Multiple Qualities," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2018-003, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Masuyuki Nishijima, 2009. "Quality And Welfare In Mixed Duopoly: Effects Of Capacity Reduction," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 97-109, March.
- Mierendorff, Konrad, 2016. "Optimal dynamic mechanism design with deadlines," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 161(C), pages 190-222.
More about this item
KeywordsRefunds; Cancellation terms; Metering;
All these keywords.
- D86 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Economics of Contract Law
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:53846. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.