The determinants of non-performing loans: an econometric case study of Guyana
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- William R. Keeton & Charles S. Morris, 1987. "Why do banks' loan losses differ?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue May, pages 3-21.
- Vicente Salas & Jesús Saurina, 2002. "Credit Risk in Two Institutional Regimes: Spanish Commercial and Savings Banks," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 22(3), pages 203-224, December.
- Iftekhar Hasan & Larry D. Wall, 2004.
"Determinants of the Loan Loss Allowance: Some Cross-Country Comparisons,"
The Financial Review,
Eastern Finance Association, vol. 39(1), pages 129-152, February.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Wall, Larry D., 2003. "Determinants of the loan loss allowance : some cross-country comparisons," Research Discussion Papers 33/2003, Bank of Finland.
- Iftekhar Hasan & Larry D. Wall, 2004. "Determinants of the loan loss allowance: some cross-country comparisons," Finance 0404018, EconWPA.
- Sorge, Marco & Virolainen, Kimmo, 2006. "A comparative analysis of macro stress-testing methodologies with application to Finland," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 113-151, June.
- Marco Sorge, 2004. "Stress-testing financial systems: an overview of current methodologies," BIS Working Papers 165, Bank for International Settlements.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:agr:journl:v:5(594):y:2014:i:5(594):p:127-`46 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alwyn Jordan & Carisma Tucker, 2013. "Assessing the Impact of Nonperforming Loans on Economic Growth in The Bahamas," Monetaria, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(2), pages 371-400, July-Dece.
- Louhichi, Awatef & Boujelbene, Younes, 2016. "Credit risk, managerial behaviour and macroeconomic equilibrium within dual banking systems: Interest-free vs. interest-based banking industries," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 104-121.
- Ekanayake E.M.N.N & Azeez A.A., 2015. "Determinants of Non-Performing Loans in Licensed Commercial Banks: Evidence from Sri Lanka," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 5(6), pages 868-882, June.
- Vuslat Us, 2016. "Determinants of Non-Performing Loans in the Turkish Banking Sector : What Has Changed After the Global Crisis?," CBT Research Notes in Economics 1627, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Anton Belgrave & Kester Guy & Mahalia Jackman, 2012. "Industry Specific Shocks and Non-Performing Loans in Barbados," The Review of Finance and Banking, Academia de Studii Economice din Bucuresti, Romania / Facultatea de Finante, Asigurari, Banci si Burse de Valori / Catedra de Finante, vol. 4(2), pages 123-133, December.
- Pallavi Chavan & Leonardo Gambacorta, 2016. "Bank Lending and Loan Quality: The Case of India," Working Papers id:11521, eSocialSciences.
- Pallavi Chavan & Leonardo Gambacorta, 2016. "Bank lending and loan quality: the case of India," BIS Working Papers 595, Bank for International Settlements.
- Vasiliki Makri & Athanasios Tsagkanos & Athanasios Bellas, 2014. "Determinants of Non-Performing Loans: The Case of Eurozone," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 61(2), pages 193-206, March.
- Andrés González & Segio Ocampo & Julián Pérez & Diego Rodríguez, 2013.
"Output Gap and Neutral Interest Measures of Colombia,"
Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(2), pages 231-286, July-Dece.
- Andrés González & Sergio Ocampo & Julian Pérez Amaya & Diego Rodríguez, 2012. "Output gap and Neutral interest measures for Colombia," Borradores de Economia 726, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Andrés González & Sergio Ocampo & Julián Pérez & Diego Rodríguez, 2012. "Output gap and Neutral interest measures for Colombia," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 009870, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Ahlem Selma Messai & Fathi Jouini, 2013. "Micro and Macro Determinants of Non-performing Loan," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 3(4), pages 852-860.
- Craigwell, Roland C & Elliott, Wayne A, 2011. "Loan loss provisioning in the commercial banking system of Barbados: practices and determinants," MPRA Paper 33426, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Josué Fernando Cortés Espada, 2013. "Estimating the Exchange Rate Pass-Through to Prices in Mexico," Monetaria, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(2), pages 287-316, July-Dece.
- Anas Yassine & Abdelmadjid Ibenrissoul, 2018. "The macroeconomics determinants of default of the borrowers: The case of Moroccan bank," Papers 1801.05770, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2018.
- Anas Yassine & Abdelmadjid Ibenrissoul, 2017.
"The macroeconomics determinants of default of the borrowers: The case of Moroccan bank
[Les déterminants macroéconomiques de la défaillance des emprunteurs : Cas d'une banque marocaine]," Working Papers hal-01683225, HAL.
- Vasiliki Makri & Konstantinos Papadatos, 2014. "How accounting information and macroeconomic environment determine credit risk? Evidence from Greece," International Journal of Business and Economic Sciences Applied Research (IJBESAR), Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology (EMATTECH), Kavala, Greece, vol. 7(1), pages 129-143, April.
- Us, Vuslat, 2017. "Dynamics of non-performing loans in the Turkish banking sector by an ownership breakdown: The impact of the global crisis," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 109-117.
- repec:spt:fininv:v:6:y:2017:i:4:f:6_4_1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alberto Ortiz Bolaños, 2013.
"Credit Market Shocks, Monetary Policy, and Economic Fluctuations,"
Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(2), pages 317-369, July-Dece.
- Alberto Ortiz Bolaños, 2012. "Credit Market Shocks, Monetary Policy, and Economic Fluctuations," Documentos de Investigación - Research Papers 6, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, CEMLA.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial stability; non-performing loans; commercial banks;
- E50 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - General
- E51 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Money Supply; Credit; Money Multipliers
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:53128. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .