'The employees are all equal... but some are more equals than others'. Altruism, opportunism and discrimination in family SMEs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrea Bassanini & Thomas Breda & Eve Caroli & Antoine Rebérioux, 2010.
"Working in family firms: less paid but more secure? Evidence from French matched employer-employee data,"
PSE Working Papers
- Andrea Bassanini & Eve Caroli & Antoine Rebérioux & Thomas Breda, 2011. "Working in family firms: less paid but more secure? Evidence from French matched employer-employee data," EconomiX Working Papers 2011-38, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Bassanini, Andrea & Caroli, Eve & Rebérioux, Antoine & Breda, Thomas, 2011. "Working in Family Firms: Less Paid but More Secure? Evidence from French Matched Employer-Employee Data," IZA Discussion Papers 5842, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bassanini, Andrea & Caroli, Eve & Rebérioux, Antoine & Breda, Thomas, 2011. "Working in family firms: less paid but more secure? Evidence from French matched employer-employee data," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 1110, CEPREMAP.
- Gary S. Becker, 1981. "A Treatise on the Family," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number beck81-1, April.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Sieger, Philipp & Bernhard, Fabian & Frey, Urs, 2011. "Affective commitment and job satisfaction among non-family employees: Investigating the roles of justice perceptions and psychological ownership," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 78-89, June.
- Mitchell, Ronald K. & Morse, Eric A. & Sharma, Pramodita, 2003. "The transacting cognitions of nonfamily employees in the family businesses setting," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 533-551, July.
- Ross, Stephen A, 1973. "The Economic Theory of Agency: The Principal's Problem," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(2), pages 134-139, May.
- Pieper, Torsten M., 2010. "Non solus: Toward a psychology of family business," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 26-39, March.
- Morris, Michael H. & Williams, Roy O. & Allen, Jeffrey A. & Avila, Ramon A., 1997. "Correlates of success in family business transitions," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 385-401, September.
- Isabelle Huault & V. Perret & S. Charreire-Petit, 2007. "Management," Post-Print halshs-00337676, HAL.
- Chrisman, James J. & Chua, Jess H. & Kellermanns, Franz W. & Chang, Erick P.C., 2007. "Are family managers agents or stewards? An exploratory study in privately held family firms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(10), pages 1030-1038, October.
- Randoy, Trond & Goel, Sanjay, 2003. "Ownership structure, founder leadership, and performance in Norwegian SMEs: implications for financing entrepreneurial opportunities," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 619-637, September.
- Bergstrom, Theodore C, 1989. "A Fresh Look at the Rotten Kid Theorem--and Other Household Mysteries," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(5), pages 1138-1159, October.
More about this item
KeywordsFamily Business; Agency Theory; Organizational justice; Opportunistic Behavior.;
- M1 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration
- M12 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Personnel Management; Executives; Executive Compensation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:52391. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .