What explains the recent fluctuations in Japan's output? A structural factor analysis of Japan's industrial production
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kumano, Yusuke & Muto, Ichiro & Nakano, Akihiro, 2014. "What explains the recent fluctuations in Japan’s output? A structural factor analysis of Japan’s industrial production," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 135-153.
- Yusuke Kumano & Ichiro Muto & Akihiro Nakano, 2013. "What explains the recent fluctuations in Japan's output? A structural factor analysis of Japan's industrial production," Bank of Japan Working Paper Series 13-E-10, Bank of Japan.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrew T. Foerster & Pierre-Daniel G. Sarte & Mark W. Watson, 2011.
"Sectoral versus Aggregate Shocks: A Structural Factor Analysis of Industrial Production,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 119(1), pages 1-38.
- Andrew T. Foerster & Pierre-Daniel G. Sarte & Mark W. Watson, 2008. "Sectoral vs. Aggregate Shocks: A Structural Factor Analysis of Industrial Production," NBER Working Papers 14389, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew T. Foerster & Pierre-Daniel G. Sarte & Mark W. Watson, 2008. "Sectoral vs. aggregate shocks : a structural factor analysis of industrial production," Working Paper 08-07, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Pierre-Daniel Sarte & Mark Watson & Andrew Foerster, 2008. "Aggregate Shocks and the Variability of Industrial Production," 2008 Meeting Papers 224, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Naohito Abe, 2004.
"The Multi-Sector Business Cycle Model and Aggregate Shocks: An Empirical Analysis,"
The Japanese Economic Review,
Japanese Economic Association, vol. 55(1), pages 101-118.
- Abe, Naohito, 2002. "The Multi-Sector Business Cycle Model and Aggregate Shocks: An Empirical Analysis," Discussion Paper 117, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Yoshikawa, Hiroshi, 1995. "Macroeconomics and the Japanese Economy," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198233268.
- TOKUI Joji & ARAI Nobuyuki & KAWASAKI Kazuyasu & MIYAGAWA Tsutomu & FUKAO Kyoji & ARAI Sonoe & EDAMURA Kazuma & KODAMA Naomi & NOGUCHI Naohiro, 2012. "The Economic Impact of the Great East Japan Earthquake: Comparison with other disasters, supply chain disruptions, and electric power supply constraint (Japanese)," Policy Discussion Papers (Japanese) 12004, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Xavier Gabaix, 2011. "The Granular Origins of Aggregate Fluctuations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 79(3), pages 733-772, May.
- Konomi Tonogi & Katsuaki Ochiai & Kazumi Asako, 2010. "Business Cycles in Japan and in Asian Countries : Tests of Comovements between CI and Trade Statistics," Public Policy Review, Policy Research Institute, Ministry of Finance Japan, vol. 6(2), pages 237-260, March.
- Long, John B, Jr & Plosser, Charles I, 1983. "Real Business Cycles," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(1), pages 39-69, February.
- repec:wsi:ceprxx:v:01:y:2012:i:01:n:s1793969012500070 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mitsuhiro Osada & Takuji Kawamoto, 2007. "Stabilization in the Volatility of Output: A Decline in Cross-industry Comovements," Bank of Japan Review Series 07-E-6, Bank of Japan.
- Kimura, Takeshi & Shiotani, Kyosuke, 2009.
"Stabilized business cycles with increased output volatility at high frequencies,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Takeshi Kimura & Kyosuke Shiotani, 2007. "Stabilized Business Cycles with Increased Output Volatility at High Frequencies," Bank of Japan Working Paper Series 07-E-23, Bank of Japan.
- Iyetomi, Hiroshi & Nakayama, Yasuhiro & Yoshikawa, Hiroshi & Aoyama, Hideaki & Fujiwara, Yoshi & Ikeda, Yuichi & Souma, Wataru, 2011. "What causes business cycles? Analysis of the Japanese industrial production data," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 246-272, September.
- T. Miyagawa & Y. Sakuragawa & M. Takizawa, 2006. "Productivity And Business Cycles In Japan: Evidence From Japanese Industry Data," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 57(2), pages 161-186.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Iiboshi, Hirokuni & Matsumae, Tatsuyoshi & Namba, Ryoichi & Nishiyama, Shin-Ichi, 2015. "Estimating a DSGE model for Japan in a data-rich environment," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 25-55.
More about this item
KeywordsIndustrial Production; Structural Factor Analysis; Lehman Shock; Great East Japan Earthquake; Supply Chain Network; Input-output Matrix;
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- E23 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Production
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-08-05 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:48615. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .