Employment in the Keynesian and neoliberal universe: theoretical transformations and political correlations
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Malcolm Sawyer & David Spencer, 2010. "Labour Supply, Employment and Unemployment in Macroeconomics: A Critical Appraisal of Orthodoxy and a Heterodox Alternative," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(2), pages 263-279.
- David A. Spencer, 2006. "Work for all those who want it? Why the neoclassical labour supply curve is an inappropriate foundation for the theory of employment and unemployment," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(3), pages 459-472, May.
- James Forder, 2010. "The historical place of the 'Friedman—Phelps' expectations critique," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 493-511.
- David Spencer, 2005. "A question of incentive? Lionel Robbins and Dennis H. Robertson on the nature and determinants of the supply of labour," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 261-278.
- Andrew Glyn, 1995.
"Social Democracy and Full Employment,"
Nordic Journal of Political Economy,
Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 22, pages 109-126.
- Glyn, Andrew, 1995. "Social democracy and full employment," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Economic Change and Employment FS I 95-302, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- David A. Spencer, 2004. "Deconstructing The Labour Supply Curve," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(4), pages 442-458, November.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 2005.
"Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780199279173.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 1991. "Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198284345.
- Harcourt,G. C., 2008. "The Structure of Post-Keynesian Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521067539.
- Altman, Morris, 2001. "A behavioral model of labor supply: casting some light into the black box of income-leisure choice," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 199-219, May.
- Karanassou, Marika & Snower, Dennis J., 1997.
"Is the natural rate a reference point?,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 559-569, April.
- Marika Karanassou & Dennis Snower, 1996. "Is the Natural Rate a Reference Point?," Archive Discussion Papers 9623, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Karanassou, Marika & Snower, Dennis J., 1996. "Is the Natural Rate a Reference Point?," CEPR Discussion Papers 1507, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Edmund S. Phelps, 1968. "Money-Wage Dynamics and Labor-Market Equilibrium," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 76, pages 678-678.
- Davidson, Paul, 1998. "Post Keynesian Employment Analysis and the Macroeconomics of OECD Unemployment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(448), pages 817-831, May.
- E. Paul Durrenberger, 2005. "Labour," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Economic Anthropology, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Goulven Rubin, 2005. "Patinkin and the Pigou effect: or how a Keynesian came to accept an anti-Keynesian argument," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 47-72.
- Bruce E. Kaufman, 2007. "The impossibility of a perfectly competitive labour market," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 31(5), pages 775-787, September.
- J. E. King, 2002. "A History of Post Keynesian Economics since 1936," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2135.
More about this item
Keywordsemployment theory; unemployment theory; political agendas;
- B0 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - General
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:45062. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.