The historical place of the 'Friedman-Phelps' expectations critique
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- James Forder, 2010. "The historical place of the 'Friedman—Phelps' expectations critique," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 493-511.
References listed on IDEAS
- Vasilev, Aleksandar & Maksumov, Rashid, 2010. "Critical analysis of Chapter 23 of Keynes’s Notes on Mercantilism in The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money (1936)," EconStor Research Reports 155318, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roger E. Backhouse, 2013. "Responding to economic crisis: macroeconomic revolutions in the 1930s and 1970s," Chapters, in: Mats Benner (ed.), Before and Beyond the Global Economic Crisis, chapter 2, pages 38-54, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Gerunov, Anton, 2014. "Критичен Преглед На Основните Подходи За Моделиране На Икономическите Очаквания [A Critical Review of Major Approaches for Modeling Economic Expectations]," MPRA Paper 68797, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ioannidis, Yiorgos, 2011. "Employment in the Keynesian and neoliberal universe: theoretical transformations and political correlations," MPRA Paper 45062, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James Forder, 2016. "What was the message of Friedman," Economics Series Working Papers 814, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Timothy Erickson & Toni M. Whited, 2000. "Measurement Error and the Relationship between Investment and q," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(5), pages 1027-1057, October.
- Lloyd Ulman, 1992. "Why Should Human Resource Managers Pay High Wages?," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 30(2), pages 177-212, June.
- V. Ragupathy & Stefano Zambelli & K. Vela Velupillai, 2013. "A Non-linear Model of the Trade Cycle: Mathematical Reflections on Hugh Hudson's Classic," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(2), pages 115-125, June.
- Hany Shawky & Ronald Forbes & Alan Frankle, 1983. "Liquidity Services and Capital Market Equilibrium: The Case for Money Market Mutual Funds," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 6(2), pages 141-152, June.
- Ulrich van Suntum, "undated". "The Purchasing Power Argument – Could Rising Wages Foster Employment?," Working Papers 200126, Institute of Spatial and Housing Economics, Munster Universitary.
- Rawi Abdelal, 2013. "The profits of power: Commerce and realpolitik in Eurasia," Review of International Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 421-456, June.
- P. Arestis & C. Driver, 1984. "The Policy Implications of Post Keynesianism," Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(4), pages 1093-1105, December.
- Paul Davidson, 1986. "The Simple Macroeconomics of a Nonergodic Monetary Economy versus a Share Economy: Is Weitzman’s Macroeconomics Too Simple?," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 212-225, December.
- Evelyn L. Forget & Shahram Manouchehri, 1988. "Keynes’s Neglected Heritage: The Classical Microfoundations of The General Theory," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 401-413, March.
- Pontus Rendahl, 2014.
"Fiscal Policy in an Unemployment Crisis,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
1456, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Rendahl, Pontus, 2014. "Fiscal policy in an unemployment crisis," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 58132, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Pontus Rendahl, 2014. "Fiscal Policy in an Unemployment Crisis," Discussion Papers 1405, Centre for Macroeconomics (CFM).
- Rendahl, Pontus, 2014. "Fiscal Policy in an Unemployment Crisis," CEPR Discussion Papers 9992, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kenneth Kasa, 2000.
"Forecasting the Forecasts of Others in the Frequency Domain,"
Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 3(4), pages 726-756, October.
- Kenneth Kasa, 1995. "Signal extraction and the propagation of business cycles," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 95-14, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Paul Davidson, 1985. "Liquidity and Not Increasing Returns is the Ultimate Source of Unemployment Equilibrium," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(3), pages 373-384, March.
- Michael Bordo & Andrew Filardo, 2005.
"Deflation and monetary policy in a historical perspective: remembering the past or being condemned to repeat it?,"
Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 20(44), pages 799-844, October.
- Michael D. Bordo & Andrew Filardo, 2004. "Deflation and Monetary Policy in a Historical Perspective: Remembering the Past or Being Condemned to Repeat It?," NBER Working Papers 10833, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ellerman David, 2004. "The Market Mechanism of Appropriation," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 14(2), pages 1-21, December.
- Chandra Kanodia, 2006. "Discussion of Disclosure Risk and Price Drift," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 381-388, May.
- Edmund S. Phelps & Éloi Laurent, 2005.
"La « contre-performance » de l'Europe continentale. Le lien entre institutions, dynamisme et prospérité économique,"
Revue de l'OFCE, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 92(1), pages 9-41.
- Edmund S Phelps, 2005. "La 'contre-performance' de l'Europe continentale. Le lien entre institutions , dynamisme et prospérité économique," Post-Print hal-01020585, HAL.
- Edmund Phelps & Eloi Laurent, 2005. "La « contre-performance » de l’Europe continentale: Le lien entre institutions, dynamisme et prospérité économique," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/1421, Sciences Po.
- Suleyman Basak & Hongjun Yan, 2010.
"Equilibrium Asset Prices and Investor Behaviour in the Presence of Money Illusion,"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 77(3), pages 914-936.
- Suleyman Basak & Hongjun Yan, 2008. "Equilibrium Asset Prices and Investor Behavior in the Presence of Money Illusion," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2402, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Aug 2009.
- Basak, Suleyman & Yan, Hongjun, 2009. "Equilibrium Asset Prices and Investor Behavior in the Presence of Money Illusion," CEPR Discussion Papers 7398, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Palash Deb & Parthiban David & Jonathan O'Brien, 2017. "When is cash good or bad for firm performance?," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(2), pages 436-454, February.
- Steve Furnagiev & Josh Stillwagon, 2015. "Subjective Currency Risk Premia and Deviations from Moving Averages," Working Papers 1506, Trinity College, Department of Economics.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:7:y:2001:i:4:p:409-418 is not listed on IDEAS
- Albert Arouh, 1987. "The Mumpsimus of Economists and the Role of Time and Uncertainty in the Progress of Economic Knowledge," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 395-423, March.
More about this item
KeywordsPhillips Curve; Inflation; Expectations Critique;
All these keywords.
- B22 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Macroeconomics
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2008-07-20 (Central Banking)
- NEP-HIS-2008-07-20 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2008-07-20 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2008-07-20 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxf:wpaper:399. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sfeixuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Anne Pouliquen The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Anne Pouliquen to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sfeixuk.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.