Of Jane Austen and the secret life of econometric quantities, or as otherwise entitled on Okun's Law and the 'multiplicative inverse surprise'
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Albers, Scott & Albers, Andrew L., 2011. "The Golden Mean, the Arab Spring and a 10-step analysis of American economic history," MPRA Paper 33004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Owyang, Michael T. & Sekhposyan, Tatevik, 2012. "Okun’s law over the business cycle: was the great recession all that different?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 399-418.
- Albers, Scott & Albers, Andrew L., 2012. "On the mathematic prediction of economic and social crises: toward a harmonic interpretation of the Kondratiev wave," MPRA Paper 37771, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsOkun's Law; multiplicative inverse; United States GNP; trigonometry; Kondratiev wave; pi; phi; Golden Mean; Great Pyramid of Giza;
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
- E0 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General
- E00 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - General
- E1 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models
- E10 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - General
- E17 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- Y1 - Miscellaneous Categories - - Data: Tables and Charts
- Y10 - Miscellaneous Categories - - Data: Tables and Charts - - - Data: Tables and Charts
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-16 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:44594. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.