Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) on Metallurgy Sector in Greece
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) has become one of the most widespread business topics among the academic community. Various issues like environmental pollution, economic crisis, corruption, poverty are of major importance these days and besides governments and politicians’ responsibility it is obvious that corporations are also part of these problems. In Europe the last 15 years, governments, NGOs, small and large enterprises are making an effort to establish in their business CSR strategies so as to become more competitive and innovative in the global market. The research presents the way 8 Greek companies from the metallurgy sector publish CSR activities and which dimensions of CSR are more common among Greek companies. The companies were selected according to a study of ICAP Group about CSR and Leading Employers in Greece. The findings reveal how Greek companies during the economic crisis make their effort to be more active especially on environmental issues, human resources, health and safety and contribution to local communities. The results of their efforts are controversial as far as their CSR strategy concerns.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gupta, Shiv K. & Brubaker, David R., 1990. "The concept of corporate social responsibility applied to trade associations," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 261-271.
- Fafaliou, Irene & Lekakou, Maria & Theotokas, Ioannis, 2006. "Is the European shipping industry aware of corporate social responsibility? The case of the Greek-owned short sea shipping companies," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 412-419, July.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7855 is not listed on IDEAS
- Málovics, György & Csigéné, Noémi Nagypál & Kraus, Sascha, 2008. "The role of corporate social responsibility in strong sustainability," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 907-918, June.
- Holmes, Sandra L., 1976. "Executive perceptions of corporate social responsibility," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 34-40, June.
- Tamara Eugenia Baleanu & Liviu Chelcea & Alin Stancu, 2011. "The Social Responsibility of the Top 100 Romanian Companies. An Analysis of Corporate Websites," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 13(29), pages 235-248, February.
- Teoh, Hai-Yap & Thong, Gregory, 1984. "Another look at corporate social responsibility and reporting: An empirical study in a developing country," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 189-206, June.
- Shanklin, William L., 1976. "Corporate social responsibility: Another view," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 75-84, February.
- Werther, William Jr. & Chandler, David, 2005. "Strategic corporate social responsibility as global brand insurance," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 317-324.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:42789. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.