Impact of the global crisis on the linkages between CAC 40 and indexes from CEE countries
This paper explores the relationship between CAC 40 Index and other three indexes from Central and East European countries: PX Index, BUX Index and BET-C Index before and during the global crisis. In our investigation we employ daily values of the four indexes from two periods of time: a pre-crisis period, from 3rd January 2005 to 15th September 2008 and a crisis period, from 16th September 2008 to 30th December 2011. We analyze the long-term relations by the Johansen cointegration procedure while for the short-term relations we use the Granger causality procedure. We find that global crisis strengthened the relations among the four indexes.
|Date of creation:||16 Apr 2012|
|Date of revision:||18 Sep 2012|
|Publication status:||Published in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Business Administration and Economics ”People. Ideas. Experience”, October 25-26, 2012, Reşiţa (2012): pp. 319-332|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Garrett, Ian & Spyrou, Spyros, 1999. "Common Stochastic Trends in Emerging Equity Markets," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 67(6), pages 649-660, December.
- Gilmore, Claire G. & Lucey, Brian M. & McManus, Ginette M., 2008. "The dynamics of Central European equity market comovements," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 605-622, August.
- Chiang, Thomas C. & Jeon, Bang Nam & Li, Huimin, 2007. "Dynamic correlation analysis of financial contagion: Evidence from Asian markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1206-1228, November.
- מחקר - ביטוח לאומי, 1900. "1.7.1 מקבלי גמלאות, לפי ענף," Working Papers 812, National Insurance Institute of Israel.
- Emerson Fernandes Marcal & Pedro Valls Pereira & Diogenes Manoel Leiva Martin & Wilson Toshiro Nakamura, 2011.
"Evaluation of contagion or interdependence in the financial crises of Asia and Latin America, considering the macroeconomic fundamentals,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(19), pages 2365-2379.
- Pereira, Pedro L. Valls & Marçal, Emerson Fernandes & Martin, Diógenes Manoel Leiva & Nakamura, Wilson Toshiro, 2009. "Evaluation of contagion or interdependence in the financial crises of Asia and Latin America, considering the macroeconomic fundamentals," Textos para discussão 177, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Gupta, R. & Donleavy, G.D., 2009. "Benefits of diversifying investments into emerging markets with time-varying correlations: An Australian perspective," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 160-177, April.
- Philip Arestis & Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Andrea Cipollini & Nicola Spagnolo, 2005. "Testing for financial contagion between developed and emerging markets during the 1997 East Asian crisis," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(4), pages 359-367.
- Philip Arestis & Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Andrea Cipollini, 2003. "Testing for Financial Contagion between Developed and Emerging Markets during the 1997 East Asian Crisis," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_370, Levy Economics Institute.
- Philip Arestis & Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Andrea Cipollini & Nicola Spagnolo, 2005. "Testing For Financial Contagion Between Developed And Emerging Markets During The 1997 East Asian Crisis," Economics and Finance Discussion Papers 05-08, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Dvorak, Tomas & Podpiera, Richard, 2006. "European Union enlargement and equity markets in accession countries," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 129-146, June.
- Friedman, Joseph & Shachmurove, Yochanan, 1997. "Co-movements of major European community stock markets: A vector autoregression analysis," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 257-277.
- Chelley-Steeley, Patricia, 2004. "Equity market integration in the Asia-Pacific region: A smooth transition analysis," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 621-632.
- M. Shabri Abd. Majid & Ahamed Kameel Mydin Meera & Mohd. Azmi Omar, 2008. "Interdependence of ASEAN-5 Stock Markets from the US and Japan," Global Economic Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(2), pages 201-225.
- Syriopoulos, Theodore & Roumpis, Efthimios, 2009. "Dynamic correlations and volatility effects in the Balkan equity markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 565-587, October.
- Brada, Josef C. & Kutan, Ali M. & Zhou, Su, 2005. "Real and monetary convergence between the European Union's core and recent member countries: A rolling cointegration approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 249-270, January.
- Baur, Dirk G. & Fry, Renée A., 2009. "Multivariate contagion and interdependence," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 353-366, September.
- Hirotugu Akaike, 1969. "Fitting autoregressive models for prediction," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 21(1), pages 243-247, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:42511. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.