Benefits of diversifying investments into emerging markets with time-varying correlations: An Australian perspective
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey, 2000.
"Foreign Speculators and Emerging Equity Markets,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 55(2), pages 565-613, April.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey, 1997. "Foreign Speculators and Emerging Equity Markets," NBER Working Papers 6312, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey, 1997. "Foreign Speculators and Emerging Equity Markets," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 79, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Bernstein, Jeffrey R. & Weinstein, David E., 2002.
"Do endowments predict the location of production?: Evidence from national and international data,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 55-76, January.
- Jeffrey R. Bernstein & David E. Weinstein, 1998. "Do Endowments Predict the Location of Production? Evidence from National and International Data," NBER Working Papers 6815, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elton, Edwin J & Gruber, Martin J & Padberg, Manfred W, 1976. "Simple Criteria for Optimal Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(5), pages 1341-1357, December.
- H. Y. Izan & B. R. Jalleh & L. L. Ong, 1991. "International Diversification and Estimation Risk: Australian Evidence," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 16(1), pages 73-90, June.
- Heung-Joo Cha & Thadavillil Jithendranathan, 2009. "Time-varying correlations and optimal allocation in emerging market equities for the US investors," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(2), pages 172-187.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan & Russell Smyth, 2005. "Cointegration Of Stock Markets Between New Zealand, Australia And The G7 Economies: Searching For Co-Movement Under Structural Change," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(3), pages 231-247, September.
- Kargin, Vladislav, 2002.
"Value investing in emerging markets: risks and benefits,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 233-244, September.
- Vladislav Kargin, 2003. "Value Investing in Emerging Markets: Risks and Benefits," International Finance 0309005, EconWPA.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan & Russell Smyth, 2004. "Modelling the linkages between the Australian and G7 stock markets: common stochastic trends and regime shifts," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(14), pages 991-1004.
- Lorenzo Cappiello & Robert F. Engle & Kevin Sheppard, 2006.
"Asymmetric Dynamics in the Correlations of Global Equity and Bond Returns,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 4(4), pages 537-572.
- Cappiello, Lorenzo & Engle, Robert F. & Sheppard, Kevin, 2003. "Asymmetric dynamics in the correlations of global equity and bond returns," Working Paper Series 204, European Central Bank.
- Karlsson, Anders & Norden, Lars, 2007. "Home sweet home: Home bias and international diversification among individual investors," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 317-333, February.
- Longin, Francois & Solnik, Bruno, 1995. "Is the correlation in international equity returns constant: 1960-1990?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-26, February.
- Levy, Haim & Sarnat, Marshall, 1970. "International Diversification of Investment Portfolios," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(4), pages 668-675, September.
- Ephraim Clark & Radu Tunaru, 2001. "Emerging Markets: Investing with Political Risk," Multinational Finance Journal, Multinational Finance Journal, vol. 5(3), pages 155-173, September.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1990. "Modelling the Coherence in Short-run Nominal Exchange Rates: A Multivariate Generalized ARCH Model," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(3), pages 498-505, August.
- Sergio L. Schmukler, 2004. "Financial globalization: gain and pain for developing countries," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q 2, pages 39-66.
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R., 2002. "Research in emerging markets finance: looking to the future," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 429-448, December.
- Li, Kai & Sarkar, Asani & Wang, Zhenyu, 2003. "Diversification benefits of emerging markets subject to portfolio constraints," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 57-80, February.
- Abdulnasser Hatemi-J & Eduardo Roca, 2006. "Calculating the optimal hedge ratio: constant, time varying and the Kalman Filter approach," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(5), pages 293-299.
- Eling, Martin & Schuhmacher, Frank, 2007. "Does the choice of performance measure influence the evaluation of hedge funds?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 2632-2647, September.
- Grubel, Herbert G & Fadner, Kenneth, 1971. "The Interdependence of International Equity Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 26(1), pages 89-94, March.
- Engle, Robert, 2002. "Dynamic Conditional Correlation: A Simple Class of Multivariate Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(3), pages 339-350, July.
- Paresh Narayan & Russell Smyth & Mohan Nandha, 2004. "Interdependence and dynamic linkages between the emerging stock markets of South Asia," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 44(3), pages 419-439.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sunil S. Poshakwale & Anandadeep Mandal, 2017. "Sources of time varying return comovements during different economic regimes: evidence from the emerging Indian equity market," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 859-892, May.
- Gupta, Rakesh & Guidi, Francesco, 2012.
"Cointegration relationship and time varying co-movements among Indian and Asian developed stock markets,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 10-22.
- Guidi, Francesco, 2010. "Cointegration relationship and time varying co-movements among Indian and Asian developed stock markets," MPRA Paper 19853, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gupta, Rakesh & Guidi, Francesco, 2011. "Cointegration relationship and time varying co-movements among Indian and Asian developed stock markets," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 7277, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Nistor, Costel & Dumitriu, Ramona & Stefanescu, Razvan, 2012. "Impact of the global crisis on the linkages between CAC 40 and indexes from CEE countries," MPRA Paper 42511, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 18 Sep 2012.
- repec:bla:manchs:v:85:y:2017:i:6:p:765-794 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Bing & Li, Xindan & Yu, Honghai, 2013. "Has recent financial crisis changed permanently the correlations between BRICS and developed stock markets?," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 725-738.
- Sirr, Gordon & Garvey, John & Gallagher, Liam, 2011. "Emerging markets and portfolio foreign exchange risk: An empirical investigation using a value-at-risk decomposition technique," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1749-1772.
- Switzer, Lorne N. & Tahaoglu, Cagdas, 2015. "The benefits of international diversification: market development, corporate governance, market cap, and structural change effects," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 76-97.
- Dumitriu, Ramona & Stefanescu, Razvan, 2013. "DOW effects in returns and in volatility of stock markets during quiet and turbulent times," MPRA Paper 47218, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 02 Apr 2013.
- Halime Temel NalÄ±n & SevinÃ§ GÃ¼ler, 2015. "Testing The Random Walk Hypothesis: An Application in the BRIC Countries and Turkey," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 18(55), pages 129-148, March.
- repec:bla:ausecp:v:56:y:2017:i:2:p:134-162 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francesco Guidi & Rakesh Gupta, 2011.
"Are ASEAN stock market efficient? Evidence from univariate and multivariate variance ratio tests,"
Discussion Papers in Finance
finance:201113, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Guidi, Francesco & Gupta, Rakesh, 2011. "Are ASEAN stock markets efficients? Evidence from univariate and multivariate variance ratio tests," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 7278, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- repec:pje:journl:article16winiii is not listed on IDEAS
- Aboura, Sofiane & Chevallier, Julien, 2015.
"Geographical diversification with a World Volatility Index,"
Journal of Multinational Financial Management,
Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 62-82.
- Julien Chevallier & Sofiane Aboura, 2015. "Geographical Diversification with a World Volatility Index," Post-Print hal-01529755, HAL.
- Axel Grossmann & Emiliano Giudici & Marc Simpson, 2014. "Euro conversion and return dynamics of European financial markets: a frequency domain approach," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 38(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Lean, Hooi Hooi & Teng, Kee Tuan, 2013. "Integration of world leaders and emerging powers into the Malaysian stock market: A DCC-MGARCH approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 333-342.
- Diyarbakirlioglu, Erkin, 2011. "Domestic and foreign country bias in international equity portfolios," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 301-329.
- Mohammed Ziaur Rehman & Musa Ahmed Hazazi, 2014. "Examining Linkages between Saudi Stock Market (TASI) and Selected Stock Markets Indices," International Journal of Financial Research, International Journal of Financial Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 5(4), pages 196-209, October.
- Omid Sabbaghi & Navid Sabbaghi, 2014. "An empirical analysis of the Carbon Financial Instrument," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 38(2), pages 209-234, April.
- Chaido Dritsaki, 2011. "The Random Walk Hypothesis and Correlation in the Visegrad Countries Emerging Stock Markets," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 14(40), pages 25-56, June.
- Hatice Gaye Gencer & Sercan Demiralay, 2016. "The Contagion Effects on Real Economy: Emerging Markets during the Recent Crises," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 104-121, March.
- Samitas, Aristeidis & Tsakalos, Ioannis, 2013. "How can a small country affect the European economy? The Greek contagion phenomenon," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 18-32.
- Suthawan Prukumpai & Yuthana Sethapramote, 2013. "Exploring the Dynamic Interdependence among the East Asian Stock Markets," Diversity, Technology, and Innovation for Operational Competitiveness: Proceedings of the 2013 International Conference on Technology Innovation and Industrial Management, ToKnowPress.
- Jouini, Jamel, 2015. "New empirical evidence from assessing financial market integration, with application to Saudi Arabia," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 198-211.
- Stanciu Cristian Valeriu, 2016. "Correlation Analysis Of The Bet-Fi Index’S Constituents," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 2, pages 86-92, December.
More about this item
KeywordsAustralian investors Emerging market equities Time-varying correlations Asymmetric DCC GARCH models International diversification;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mulfin:v:19:y:2009:i:2:p:160-177. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/mulfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.