Determinant factors in reputation of wines:analysis of wine production in Central Italy
Wine sector is just one of the most important drink sector in the modern market. In this global context, Europe and, in particular, Italy, play a critical role about demand and Supply. Traditional wine market is full, so it’s necessary to find new lever to have consumers fidelity over time, first between all, the quality information. The present work aim to estimate , through a regression analysis, several variables extremely important to determine the quality wine reputation in Italian consumers. The results have demonstrate the importance of some critics variable as wine characteristics and social-cultural aspects and, principally, the importance to take part on a DOC and DOCG. These results have a lot of important consequences in a strategic market chooses for companies.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pierre Fleckinger, 2007. "Collective Reputation and Market Structure: Regulating the Quality vs Quantity Trade-of," Working Papers hal-00243080, HAL.
- Vescovi Tiziano & Gazzola Paola, 2007. "Immagine territoriale e identità globale. L'utilizzo del legame con il territorio nello sviluppo della marca," Micro & Macro Marketing, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 321-338.
- Castriota Stefano & Delmastro Marco, 2010.
"Individual and Collective Reputation: Lessons from the Wine Market,"
Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 149-172.
- Castriota, Stefano & Delmastro, Marco, 2008. "Individual and Collective Reputation: Lessons from the Wine Market," Working Papers 45504, American Association of Wine Economists.
- Marco Costanigro & Jill J. McCluskey & Christopher Goemans, 2010. "The Economics of Nested Names: Name Specificity, Reputations, and Price Premia," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1339-1350.
- Andersson, Fredrik, 2002. "Pooling reputations," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 715-730, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:40635. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.