Determinant factors in reputation of wines:analysis of wine production in Central Italy
Wine sector is just one of the most important drink sector in the modern market. In this global context, Europe and, in particular, Italy, play a critical role about demand and Supply. Traditional wine market is full, so it’s necessary to find new lever to have consumers fidelity over time, first between all, the quality information. The present work aim to estimate , through a regression analysis, several variables extremely important to determine the quality wine reputation in Italian consumers. The results have demonstrate the importance of some critics variable as wine characteristics and social-cultural aspects and, principally, the importance to take part on a DOC and DOCG. These results have a lot of important consequences in a strategic market chooses for companies.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andersson, Fredrik, 2002. "Pooling reputations," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 715-730, May.
- Marco Costanigro & Jill J. McCluskey & Christopher Goemans, 2010. "The Economics of Nested Names: Name Specificity, Reputations, and Price Premia," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1339-1350.
- Castriota, Stefano & Delmastro, Marco, 2008.
"Individual and Collective Reputation: Lessons from the Wine Market,"
45504, American Association of Wine Economists.
- Castriota Stefano & Delmastro Marco, 2010. "Individual and Collective Reputation: Lessons from the Wine Market," L'industria, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 149-172.
- Pierre Fleckinger, 2007. "Collective Reputation and Market Structure: Regulating the Quality vs Quantity Trade-of," Working Papers hal-00243080, HAL.
- Vescovi Tiziano & Gazzola Paola, 2007. "Immagine territoriale e identità globale. L'utilizzo del legame con il territorio nello sviluppo della marca," Micro & Macro Marketing, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 321-338.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:40635. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.