Forecasting Value-at-Risk with time-varying variance, skewness and kurtosis in an exponential weighted moving average framework
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Alexandros Gabrielsen & Axel Kirchner & Zhuoshi Liu & Paolo Zagaglia, 2015. "Forecasting Value-At-Risk With Time-Varying Variance, Skewness And Kurtosis In An Exponential Weighted Moving Average Framework," Annals of Financial Economics (AFE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 10(01), pages 1-29.
- A. Gabrielsen & P. Zagaglia & A. Kirchner & Z. Liu, 2012. "Forecasting Value-at-Risk with Time-Varying Variance, Skewness and Kurtosis in an Exponential Weighted Moving Average Framework," Papers 1206.1380, arXiv.org.
- Alexandros Gabrielsen & Paolo Zagaglia & Axel Kirchner & Zhuoshi Liu, 2012. "Forecasting Value-at-Risk with Time-Varying Variance, Skewness and Kurtosis in an Exponential Weighted Moving Average Framework," Working Paper series 34_12, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- A. Gabrielsen & P. Zagaglia & A. Kirchner & Z. Liu, 2012. "Forecasting Value-at-Risk with Time-Varying Variance, Skewnessn and Kurtosis in an Exponential Weighted Moving Average Framework," Working Papers wp831, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter Christoffersen & Sílvia Gonçalves, 2004. "Estimation Risk in Financial Risk Management," CIRANO Working Papers 2004s-15, CIRANO.
- Christoffersen, Peter & Heston, Steve & Jacobs, Kris, 2006. "Option valuation with conditional skewness," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 131(1-2), pages 253-284.
- Anders Wilhelmsson, 2009. "Value at Risk with time varying variance, skewness and kurtosis--the NIG-ACD model," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 12(1), pages 82-104, March.
- Timotheos Angelidis & Alexandros Benos & Stavros Degiannakis, 2007.
"A robust VaR model under different time periods and weighting schemes,"
Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting,
Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 187-201, February.
- Angelidis, Timotheos & Benos, Alexandros & Degiannakis, Stavros, 2007. "A Robust VaR Model under Different Time Periods and Weighting Schemes," MPRA Paper 80466, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aamir R. Hashmi & Anthony S. Tay, 2001.
"Global and Regional Sources of Risk in Equity Markets: Evidence from Factor Models with Time-Varying Conditional Skewness,"
Departmental Working Papers
wp0116, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Anthony S. Tay & Aamir R. Hashmi, 2004. "Global and Regional Sources of Risk in Equity Markets: Evidence from Factor Models with Time-Varying Conditional Skewness," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 634, Econometric Society.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Sverre Grepperud & Pål Andreas Pedersen, 2006. "Crowding Effects and Work Ethics," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 20(1), pages 125-138, March.
- Marcucci Juri, 2005. "Forecasting Stock Market Volatility with Regime-Switching GARCH Models," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(4), pages 1-55, December.
- Christoffersen, Peter, 2011. "Elements of Financial Risk Management," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 2, number 9780123744487.
- Vinayagamoorthy A. & Sankar C., 2012. "Mobile Banking –An Overview," Advances In Management, Advances in Management, vol. 5(10), October.
- Esther B. Del Brio & Trino-Manuel Niguez & Javier Perote, 2009. "Gram-Charlier densities: a multivariate approach," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(7), pages 855-868.
- Alizadeh, Amir H. & Gabrielsen, Alexandros, 2013. "Dynamics of credit spread moments of European corporate bond indexes," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3125-3144.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lucas, André & Zhang, Xin, 2016.
"Score-driven exponentially weighted moving averages and Value-at-Risk forecasting,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 293-302.
- André Lucas & Xin Zhang, 2014. "Score Driven exponentially Weighted Moving Average and Value-at-Risk Forecasting," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 14-092/IV/DSF77, Tinbergen Institute, revised 09 Sep 2015.
- Lucas, André & Zhang, Xin, 2015. "Score Driven Exponentially Weighted Moving Averages and Value-at-Risk Forecasting," Working Paper Series 309, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Ji Cao, 2017. "How does the underlying affect the risk-return profiles of structured products?," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 31(1), pages 27-47, February.
- Zoran Ivanovski & Zoran Narasanov & Nadica Ivanovska, 2015. "Volatility And Kurtosis At Emerging Markets: Comparative Analysis Of Macedonian Stock Exchange And Six Stock Markets From Central And Eastern Europe," Economy & Business Journal, International Scientific Publications, Bulgaria, vol. 9(1), pages 84-93.
- Radu Lupu, 2014. "Simultaneity of Tail Events for Dynamic Conditional Distributions of Stock Market Index Returns," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 49-64, December.
- Ivanovski, Zoran & Stojanovski, Toni & Narasanov, Zoran, 2015. "Volatility And Kurtosis Of Daily Stock Returns At Mse," UTMS Journal of Economics, University of Tourism and Management, Skopje, Macedonia, vol. 6(2), pages 209-221.
More about this item
Keywordsexponential weighted moving average; time-varying higher moments; Cornish-Fisher expansion; Gram-Charlier density; risk management; Value-at-Risk;
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-25 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:39294. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .