Value at Risk with time varying variance, skewness and kurtosis--the NIG-ACD model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- D. S. Poskitt & C. L. Skeels, 2004. "Approximating the Distribution of the Instrumental Variables Estimator when the Concentration Parameter is Small," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 19/04, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Hall, Alastair R & Rudebusch, Glenn D & Wilcox, David W, 1996.
"Judging Instrument Relevance in Instrumental Variables Estimation,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 37(2), pages 283-298, May.
- Alastair R. Hall & Glenn D. Rudebusch & David W. Wilcox, 1994. "Judging instrument relevance in instrumental variables estimation," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 94-3, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Phillips, P C B, 1980. "The Exact Distribution of Instrumental Variable Estimators in an Equation Containing n + 1 Endogenous Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 861-878, May.
- Stock, James H & Wright, Jonathan H & Yogo, Motohiro, 2002. "A Survey of Weak Instruments and Weak Identification in Generalized Method of Moments," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(4), pages 518-529, October.
- Mariano, Roberto S, 1982. "Analytical Small-Sample Distribution Theory in Econometrics: The Simultaneous-Equations Case," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 23(3), pages 503-533, October.
- Cragg, John G. & Donald, Stephen G., 1993. "Testing Identifiability and Specification in Instrumental Variable Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(02), pages 222-240, April.
- John Shea, 1997.
"Instrument Relevance in Multivariate Linear Models: A Simple Measure,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 79(2), pages 348-352, May.
- John Shea, 1996. "Instrument Relevance in Multivariate Linear Models: A Simple Measure," NBER Technical Working Papers 0193, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Phillips, P.C.B., 1983.
"Exact small sample theory in the simultaneous equations model,"
Handbook of Econometrics,in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 449-516
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1982. "Exact Small Sample Theory in the Simultaneous Equations Model," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 621, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alexandros Gabrielsen & Axel Kirchner & Zhuoshi Liu & Paolo Zagaglia, 2015.
"Forecasting Value-At-Risk With Time-Varying Variance, Skewness And Kurtosis In An Exponential Weighted Moving Average Framework,"
Annals of Financial Economics (AFE),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 10(01), pages 1-29.
- Alexandros Gabrielsen & Paolo Zagaglia & Axel Kirchner & Zhuoshi Liu, 2012. "Forecasting Value-at-Risk with Time-Varying Variance, Skewness and Kurtosis in an Exponential Weighted Moving Average Framework," Working Paper series 34_12, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- A. Gabrielsen & P. Zagaglia & A. Kirchner & Z. Liu, 2012. "Forecasting Value-at-Risk with Time-Varying Variance, Skewness and Kurtosis in an Exponential Weighted Moving Average Framework," Papers 1206.1380, arXiv.org.
- Gabrielsen, A. & Zagaglia, Paolo & Kirchner, A. & Liu, Z., 2012. "Forecasting Value-at-Risk with time-varying variance, skewness and kurtosis in an exponential weighted moving average framework," MPRA Paper 39294, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- A. Gabrielsen & P. Zagaglia & A. Kirchner & Z. Liu, 2012. "Forecasting Value-at-Risk with Time-Varying Variance, Skewnessn and Kurtosis in an Exponential Weighted Moving Average Framework," Working Papers wp831, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Dark Jonathan Graeme, 2010. "Estimation of Time Varying Skewness and Kurtosis with an Application to Value at Risk," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 14(2), pages 1-50, March.
- Matteo Grigoletto & Francesco Lisi, 2011. "Practical implications of higher moments in risk management," Statistical Methods & Applications, Springer;Società Italiana di Statistica, vol. 20(4), pages 487-506, November.
- Lucas, André & Zhang, Xin, 2016.
"Score-driven exponentially weighted moving averages and Value-at-Risk forecasting,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 293-302.
- André Lucas & Xin Zhang, 2014. "Score Driven exponentially Weighted Moving Average and Value-at-Risk Forecasting," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 14-092/IV/DSF77, Tinbergen Institute, revised 09 Sep 2015.
- Lucas, André & Zhang, Xin, 2015. "Score Driven Exponentially Weighted Moving Averages and Value-at-Risk Forecasting," Working Paper Series 309, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Bujar Huskaj & Marcus Nossman, 2013. "A Term Structure Model for VIX Futures," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 33(5), pages 421-442, May.
- repec:eee:finlet:v:21:y:2017:i:c:p:10-20 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bruno Feunou & Mohammad R. Jahan-Parvar & Roméo Tédongap, 2016. "Which parametric model for conditional skewness?," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(13), pages 1237-1271, October.
- Stanislav Anatolyev & Natalia Kryzhanovskaya, 2009. "Directional Prediction of Returns under Asymmetric Loss: Direct and Indirect Approaches," Working Papers w0136, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Alexios Ghalanos & Eduardo Rossi & Giovanni Urga, 2015.
"Independent Factor Autoregressive Conditional Density Model,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(5), pages 594-616, May.
- Alexios Ghalanos & Eduardo Rossi & Giovanni Urga, 2012. "Independent Factor Autoregressive Conditional Density Model," DEM Working Papers Series 021, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Management.
- Gong, Xiaoli & Zhuang, Xintian, 2017. "Measuring financial risk and portfolio reversion with time changed tempered stable Lévy processes," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 148-159.
- Nieto, Maria Rosa & Ruiz, Esther, 2016. "Frontiers in VaR forecasting and backtesting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 475-501.
- Alizadeh, Amir H. & Gabrielsen, Alexandros, 2013. "Dynamics of credit spread moments of European corporate bond indexes," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3125-3144.
- Slim, Skander & Koubaa, Yosra & BenSaïda, Ahmed, 2017. "Value-at-Risk under Lévy GARCH models: Evidence from global stock markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 30-53.
- repec:rmk:rmkjrc:v:4:y:2017:i:1:p:31-41 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ect:emjrnl:v:12:y:2009:i:1:p:82-104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/resssea.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .