Wages differentials in Ecuador: A regional approach with sample selection of Heckman and Oaxaca-Blinder decomposition
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Takashi Kurosaki & Humayun Khan, 2006. "Human Capital, Productivity, and Stratification in Rural Pakistan," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 116-134, February.
- Barry Chiswick, 2003.
"Jacob Mincer, Experience and the Distribution of Earnings,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 343-361, December.
- Chiswick, Barry R., 2003. "Jacob Mincer, Experience and the Distribution of Earnings," IZA Discussion Papers 847, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lam, David & Schoeni, Robert F, 1993.
"Effects of Family Background on Earnings and Returns to Schooling: Evidence from Brazil,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(4), pages 710-740, August.
- Lam. D. & Schoeni, R.F., 1996. "Effects on Family Background on Earnings and Returns to Schooling: Evidence from Brazil," Papers 96-13, RAND - Reprint Series.
- Dante Contreras & Emerson Melo & Susana Ojeda, 2005. "¿Estimando el retorno a la educación o a los no observables?: evidencia de datos de panel," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 32(2 Year 20), pages 187-199, December.
- Picchio, Matteo & Mussida, Chiara, 2011.
"Gender wage gap: A semi-parametric approach with sample selection correction,"
Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 564-578, October.
- Picchio, Matteo & Mussida, Chiara, 2010. "Gender Wage Gap: A Semi-Parametric Approach with Sample Selection Correction," IZA Discussion Papers 4783, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Matteo PICCHIO & Chiara MUSSIDA, 2010. "Gender Wage Gap : A Semi-parametric Approach with Sample Selection Correction," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2010005, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Picchio, M. & Mussida, C., 2010. "Gender Wage Gap : A Semi-Parametric Approach With Sample Selection Correction," Discussion Paper 2010-16, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Alaniz, Enrique & Gindling, T.H. & Terrell, Katherine, 2011.
"The impact of minimum wages on wages, work and poverty in Nicaragua,"
Elsevier, vol. 18(S1), pages 45-59.
- Tim H. Gindling & Katherine Terrell, 2010. "The Impact of Minimum Wages on Wages, Work and Poverty in Nicaragua," UMBC Economics Department Working Papers 10-126, UMBC Department of Economics.
- Alaniz, Enrique & Gindling, T. H. & Terrell, Katherine, 2011. "The Impact of Minimum Wages on Wages, Work and Poverty in Nicaragua," IZA Discussion Papers 5702, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Heckman, James & Layne-Farrar, Anne & Todd, Petra, 1996. "Human Capital Pricing Equations with an Application to Estimating the Effect of Schooling Quality on Earnings," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(4), pages 562-610, November.
More about this item
KeywordsWages differentials. Returns to human capital;
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J2 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:37470. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .