The Optimal Level and Impact of Internal Factors on Growth
This paper empirically uses data from the world economy to show that performance of domestic factors are equally important to external factors when comes to growth. Various external and domestic factors are used to construct two separate indices and the principal component method is applied in the analysis. The empirical results show that given a different level of performance in the economy’s external factors, a higher performance in the internal factors will produce a higher growth rate. When the performance of an economy’s internal factors is extremely low, it would be appropriate for that economy first to improve its internal factors.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Balassa, Bela, 1986. "Comparative Advantage in Manufactured Goods: A Reappraisal," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(2), pages 315-319, May.
- Sambit Bhattacharyya & Steve Dowrick & Jane Golley, 2009.
"Institutions and Trade: Competitors or Complements in Economic Development?,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 85(270), pages 318-330, 09.
- Sambit Bhattacharyya & Steve Dowrick & Jane Golley, 2008. "Institutions And Trade: Competitors Or Complements In Economic Development?," Departmental Working Papers 2008-12, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Sambit Bhattacharyya & Steve Dowrick & Jane Golley, 2007. "Institutions and Trade: Competitors or Complements in Economic Development?," DEGIT Conference Papers c012_005, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Emma Aisbett, 2007.
"Why are the Critics So Convinced that Globalization is Bad for the Poor?,"
in: Globalization and Poverty, pages 33-86
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Emma Aisbett, 2005. "Why are the Critics so Convinced that Globalization is Bad for the Poor?," NBER Working Papers 11066, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carmen Fernandez & Eduardo Ley & Mark Steel, 2001.
"Model uncertainty in cross-country growth regressions,"
- Carmen Fernandez & Eduardo Ley & Mark F. J. Steel, 2001. "Model uncertainty in cross-country growth regressions," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(5), pages 563-576.
- Carmen Fernandez & Eduardo Ley & Mark Steel, 1999. "Model uncertainty in cross-country growth regressions," Econometrics 9903003, EconWPA, revised 06 Oct 2001.
- Eric Edmonds, 2007.
- Durlauf,S.N. & Johnson,P.A. & Temple,J.R.W., 2004.
18, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Johnson, Paul & Durlauf, Steven N & Temple, Johnathan R. W., 2004. "Growth Econometrics," Vassar College Department of Economics Working Paper Series 61, Vassar College Department of Economics.
- Axel Borrmann & Matthias Busse & Silke Neuhaus, 2006.
"Institutional Quality and the Gains from Trade,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(3), pages 345-368, 08.
- Harrison, Ann, 1996.
"Openness and growth: A time-series, cross-country analysis for developing countries,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 419-447, March.
- Harrison, Ann, 1991. "Openness and growth : a time series, cross-country analysis for developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 809, The World Bank.
- Ann Harrison, 1995. "Openness and Growth: A Time-Series, Cross-Country Analysis for Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 5221, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Li, Kui-Wai & Zhou, Xianbo, 2010. "Openness, domestic performance and growth," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 13-16, April.
- Paul M Romer, 1999.
"Increasing Returns and Long-Run Growth,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2232, David K. Levine.
- Axel Dreher, 2002. "Does Globalization Affect Growth?," Development and Comp Systems 0210004, EconWPA, revised 04 Feb 2003.
- Falvey, Rod & Kreickemeier, Udo, 2005. "Globalisation and factor returns in competitive markets," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 233-248, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:36419. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.