The effects of the U.S. price control policies on OPEC: lessons from the past
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Agarwal, Vinod B. & Deacon, Robert T., 1985. "Price controls, price dispersion and the supply of refined petroleum products," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 210-219, October.
- Smith, Rodney T & Phelps, Charles E, 1978. "The Subtle Impact of Price Controls on Domestic Oil Production," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 428-433, May.
- Karp, Larry & Newbery, David M, 1991. "OPEC and the U.S. Oil Import Tariff," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(405), pages 303-313, March.
- Wirl, Franz, 2008. "Why do oil prices jump (or fall)?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 1029-1043, March.
- H. E. Frech III & William C. Lee, 1987. "The Welfare Cost of Rationing-By-Queuing Across Markets: Theory and Estimates from the U. S. Gasoline Crises," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 102(1), pages 97-108.
More about this item
KeywordsOPEC; Price Controls; Energy Economics; Oil;
- C00 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - General
- C20 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - General
- Q40 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - General
- Q30 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2011-11-21 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-ENE-2011-11-21 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-HME-2011-11-21 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-REG-2011-11-21 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:34624. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .