Oil market dynamics: A Markow chain analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James L. Smith, 2005.
"Inscrutable OPEC? Behavioral Tests of the Cartel Hypothesis,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 51-82.
- James L. Smith, 2003. "Inscrutable OPEC? Behavioral Tests of the Cartel Hypothesis," Working Papers 0305, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Lester C. Hunt & Guy Judge & Yasushi Ninomiya, 2003.
"Modelling underlying energy demand trends,"
Chapters,in: Energy in a Competitive Market, chapter 9
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Lester C Hunt & Guy Judge & Yasushi Ninomiya, 2003. "Modelling Underlying Energy Demand Trends," Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics Discussion Papers (SEEDS) 105, Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Ramcharran, Harri, 2002. "Oil production responses to price changes: an empirical application of the competitive model to OPEC and non-OPEC countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 97-106, March.
- Greene, David L & Jones, Donald W & Leiby, Paul N, 1998. "The outlook for US oil dependence," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 55-69, January.
- Dermot Gately & Hiliard G. Huntington, 2002.
"The Asymmetric Effects of Changes in Price and Income on Energy and Oil Demand,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 19-55.
- Gately, D. & Huntington, H.G., 2001. "The Asymmetric Effects of Changes in Price and Income on Energy and Oil Demand," Working Papers 01-01, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- MacRae, Elizabeth Chase, 1977. "Estimation of Time-Varying Markov Processes with Aggregate Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(1), pages 183-198, January.
- Vickers, John, 1995. "Concepts of Competition," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 1-23, January.
- John C.B. Cooper, 2003. "Price elasticity of demand for crude oil: estimates for 23 countries," OPEC Energy Review, Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, vol. 27(1), pages 1-8, March.
- Kosobud, Richard F & Stokes, Houston H, 1978. "Oil Market Share Dynamics: A Markov Chain Analysis of Consumer and Producer Adjustments," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 3(4), pages 253-275.
- Greene, David L., 1991. "A note on OPEC market power and oil prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 123-129, April.
- S. Gurcan Gulen, 1996.
"Is OPEC a Cartel? Evidence from Cointegration and Causality Tests,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 43-57.
- Salih Gurcan Gulen, 1996. "Is OPEC a Cartel? Evidence from Cointegration and Causality Tests," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 318., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Lucas, Robert E., 1977. "Understanding business cycles," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 7-29, January.
- Karp, Larry & Newbery, David M, 1991. "OPEC and the U.S. Oil Import Tariff," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(405), pages 303-313, March.
- Adelman, Morris Albert, 1986. "Scarcity and World Oil Prices," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(3), pages 387-397, August.
- R. Cesari, 1994. "A generalized measure of competition," Working Papers 204, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
More about this item
KeywordsOil market; market power; Markov process; logistic smooth transition.;
- L71 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Mining, Extraction, and Refining: Hydrocarbon Fuels
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ula:econom:v:33:y:2008:i:25:p:87-115. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexis Vásquez). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iiulave.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.