Panel unit root tests of purchasing power parity hypothesis: Evidence from Turkey
In this paper, we employ some front page panel unit root tests to examine the validity of the purchasing power parity hypothesis in Turkey. Using monthly observations panel data of nine major county’s currency dates January 2003 through April 2010, we find that panel unit root tests are not rejected the mean-reversion of real exchange rates. Thus, the empirical results indicate significant support for the purchasing power parity holds in Turkey
|Date of creation:||01 Jan 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Levin, Andrew & Lin, Chien-Fu & James Chu, Chia-Shang, 2002.
"Unit root tests in panel data: asymptotic and finite-sample properties,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 1-24, May.
- Tom Doan, . "LEVINLIN: RATS procedure to perform Levin-Lin-Chu test for unit roots in panel data," Statistical Software Components RTS00242, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Jaroslava Hlouskova & Martin Wagner, 2005.
"The Performance of Panel Unit Root and Stationarity Tests: Results from a Large Scale Simulation Study,"
Economics Working Papers
ECO2005/05, European University Institute.
- Jaroslava Hlouskova & Martin Wagner, 2006. "The Performance of Panel Unit Root and Stationarity Tests: Results from a Large Scale Simulation Study," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(1), pages 85-116.
- Jaroslava Hlouskova & Martin Wagner, 2005. "The Performance of Panel Unit Root and Stationarity Tests: Results from a Large Scale Simulation Study," Diskussionsschriften dp0503, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Kaddour Hadri, 1999.
"Testing For Stationarity In Heterogeneous Panel Data,"
1999_04, University of Liverpool Management School.
- Kaddour Hadri, 2000. "Testing for stationarity in heterogeneous panel data," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 3(2), pages 148-161.
- Sabate, Marcela & Gadea, Maria Dolores & Serrano, Jose Maria, 2003. "PPP and structural breaks. The peseta-sterling rate, 50 years of a floating regime," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 613-627, October.
- Im, Kyung So & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 2003.
"Testing for unit roots in heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 53-74, July.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tom Doan, . "IPSHIN: RATS procedure to implement Im, Pesaran and Shin panel unit root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00098, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1994.
"Automatic Lag Selection in Covariance Matrix Estimation,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(4), pages 631-53, October.
- Newey, W.K. & West, K.D., 1992. "Automatic Lag Selection in Covariance Matrix Estimation," Working papers 9220, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Kenneth D. West & Whitney K. Newey, 1995. "Automatic Lag Selection in Covariance Matrix Estimation," NBER Technical Working Papers 0144, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jörg Breitung & Bertrand Candelon, 2005. "Purchasing Power Parity during Currency Crises: A Panel Unit Root Test under Structural Breaks," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 141(1), pages 124-140, April.
- Juan Carlos Cuestas, 2007.
"Purchasing Power Parity In Central And Eastern European Countries: An Analysis Of Unit Roots And Nonlinearities,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
2007-22, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Juan Carlos Cuestas, 2009. "Purchasing power parity in Central and Eastern European countries: an analysis of unit roots and nonlinearities," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 87-94.
- Peter Anker, 1999. "Pitfalls in panel tests of purchasing power parity," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 135(3), pages 437-453, September.
- Kalyoncu, Huseyin & Kalyoncu, Kahraman, 2008. "Purchasing power parity in OECD countries: Evidence from panel unit root," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 440-445, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:34370. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.