State export data: origin of movement vs. origin of production
The Origin of Movement (OM) series is unique data documenting the destination of state ex- ports. This data indicates the state an export begins its journey, not the production location (OP). Recent OM data has not been examined to determine if it represents OP. Here the collection, dissemination, and limitations of the OM data are described. Diagnostic tests asses how eectively the OM data represents OP. Results indicate the OM data are usable for OP, though there are idiosyncratic subsectors and states, and systematic dierences distinguishing the OM from OP.
|Date of creation:||15 Oct 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cletus C. Coughlin & Thomas B. Mandelbaum, 1991. "Measuring state exports: is there a better way?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 65-79.
- Robert C. Feenstra & John Romalis & Peter K. Schott, 2002. "U.S. Imports, Exports, and Tariff Data, 1989-2001," NBER Working Papers 9387, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cletus C. Coughlin & Howard J. Wall, 2002.
"NAFTA and the changing pattern of state exports,"
2000-029, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Cletus Coughlin & Howard Wall, 2003. "NAFTA and the changing pattern of state exports," Papers in Regional Science, Springer, vol. 82(4), pages 427-450, November.
- Cletus Coughlin & Howard Wall, 2003. "NAFTA and the changing pattern of state exports," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 82(4), pages 427-450, November.
- Andrew B. Bernard & J. Bradford Jensen, 1994. "Exporters, Jobs and Wages in U.S. Manufacturing: 1976-1987," Working papers 95-7, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Cletus C. Coughlin & Patricia S. Pollard, 2000. "State exports and the Asian crisis," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 3-14.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:3352. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.