The trends of labor market in Bangladesh and its determinants
In this paper, we have tried to find out specially the features of unemployment-underemployment scenario. As we know, like auction market labor market is not perfectly competitive. For various heterogeneities, it has some distinct features. In Bangladesh, unemployment and underemployment problems arrive due to the lack of effective demand for labor. Hence, in this paper we desire to focus the demand determinants of labor in Bangladesh. In this case, we have emphasized on manufacturing sector, which is the emerging sector of Bangladesh economy both from the employment generation and from economic growth perspectives. To estimate the demand determinants we have used ARDL model where the estimation period is from 1980 to 2002.
|Date of creation:||29 Mar 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fiona Tregenna, 2008. "The Contributions Of Manufacturing And Services To Employment Creation And Growth In South Africa," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 76(s2), pages 175-204, August.
- Robert E. Hall, 1970. "Why Is the Unemployment Rate So High at Full Employment?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 1(3), pages 369-410.
- Iyanatul ISLAM, 2005. "Circumventing macroeconomic conservatism: A policy framework for growth, employment and poverty reduction," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 144(1), pages 55-84, 03.
- Ahmed, Iqbal, 1981. "Wage Determination in Bangladesh Agriculture," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(2), pages 298-322, July.
- Hossain, Mahabub, 1988. "Nature and impact of the Green Revolution in Bangladesh:," Research reports 67, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:32381. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.