The formation of offer prices in farmland markets: A hedonic price approach
This study develops a game-theoretic framework to examine the preservation and capitalization effects of government farmland preservation policies. More specifically, emphasis is given to the effects of such policies on the number and type of land buyers, the distribution of offer price, and the mean waiting period. The results suggest that, in the context of the agricultural zoning policy, the final impact on the reservation price and mean waiting period depends on the magnitude of changes in the number and spread of the type of buyers.
|Date of creation:||29 Jun 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tavernier, Edmund M. & Li, Farong & Temel, Tugrul T., 1996. "Search Theory Risk Preference And Farmland Preservation," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 25(1), April.
- Engelbrecht-Wiggans, Richard & Milgrom, Paul R. & Weber, Robert J., 1983. "Competitive bidding and proprietary information," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 161-169, April.
- Feng Xu & Ron C. Mittelhammer & Paul W. Barkley, 1993. "Measuring the Contributions of Site Characteristics to the Value of Agricultural Land," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 69(4), pages 356-369.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "Increasing risk: I. A definition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-243, September.
- W. Patrick Beaton, 1991. "The Impact of Regional Land-Use Controls on Property Values: The Case of the New Jersey Pinelands," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 67(2), pages 172-194.
- David M. Henneberry & Richard L. Barrows, 1990. "Capitalization of Exclusive Agricultural Zoning into Farmland Prices," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 66(3), pages 249-258.
- Paul Milgrom & Robert J. Weber, 1981.
"A Theory of Auctions and Competitive Bidding,"
447R, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Mark A. Satterthwaite & Steven R. Williams, 1989. "The Rate of Convergence to Efficiency in the Buyer's Bid Double Auction as the Market Becomes Large," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(4), pages 477-498.
- Raymond B. Palmquist, 1989. "Land as a Differentiated Factor of Production: A Hedonic Model and Its Implications for Welfare Measurement," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 65(1), pages 23-28.
- J. J. McCall, 1970. "Economics of Information and Job Search," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(1), pages 113-126.
- Steven Stern, 1990. "The Effects of Firm Optimizing Behaviour in Matching Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(4), pages 647-660.
- Tavernier, Edmund M. & Li, Farong, 1995. "Effectiveness of Use-value Assessment in Preserving Farmland: A Search-theoretic Approach," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(02), pages 626-635, December.
- John C. Harsanyi, 1967. "Games with Incomplete Information Played by "Bayesian" Players, I-III Part I. The Basic Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(3), pages 159-182, November.
- Tavernier, Edmund M. & Li, Farong, 1995. "Effectiveness Of Use-Value Assessment In Preserving Farmland: A Search-Theoretic Approach," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 27(02), December.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:31921. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.