On the number of blocks required to access the coalition structure core
This article shows that, for any transferable utility game in coalitional form with nonempty coalition structure core, the number of steps required to switch from a payoff configuration out of the coalition structure core to a payoff configuration in the coalition structure core is less than or equal to (n*n+4n)/4, where n is the cardinality of the player set. This number considerably improves the upper bound found so far by Koczy and Lauwers (2004).
|Date of creation:||22 Mar 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sylvain Béal & Éric Rémila & Philippe Solal, 2012.
"On the number of blocks required to access the core,"
- Sylvain Béal & Éric Rémila & Philippe Solal, 2011. "On the Number of Blocks Required to Access the Core," Post-Print halshs-00674426, HAL.
- Béal, Sylvain & Rémila, Eric & Solal, Philippe, 2010. "On the number of blocks required to access the core," MPRA Paper 26578, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Koczy, Laszlo A., 2006.
"The core can be accessed with a bounded number of blocks,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 56-64, December.
- Laszlo.A.Koczy, 2005. "The Core Can Be Accessed with a Bounded Number of Blocks," IEHAS Discussion Papers 0512, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Kóczy László Á., 2005. "The Core Can Be Accessed with a Bounded Number of Blocks," Research Memorandum 042, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Yang, Yi-You, 2010. "On the accessibility of the core," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 194-199, May.
- Sengupta, Abhijit & Sengupta, Kunal, 1994. "Viable Proposals," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(2), pages 347-59, May.
- Sengupta, Abhijit & Sengupta, Kunal, 1996. "A Property of the Core," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 266-273, February.
- László Á. Kóczy & Luc Lauwers, 2002.
"The Coalition Structure Core is Accessible,"
Working Papers Department of Economics
ces0219, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Greenberg, Joseph, 1994. "Coalition structures," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 37, pages 1305-1337 Elsevier.
- Robert Aumann, 2010. "Some non-superadditive games, and their Shapley values, in the Talmud," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 39(1), pages 3-10, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:29755. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.