On the number of blocks required to access the coalition structure core
This article shows that, for any transferable utility game in coalitional form with nonempty coalition structure core, the number of steps required to switch from a payoff configuration out of the coalition structure core to a payoff configuration in the coalition structure core is less than or equal to (n*n+4n)/4, where n is the cardinality of the player set. This number considerably improves the upper bound found so far by Koczy and Lauwers (2004).
|Date of creation:||22 Mar 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Koczy, Laszlo A. & Lauwers, Luc, 2004.
"The coalition structure core is accessible,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 86-93, July.
- László Á. Kóczy & Luc Lauwers, 2002. "The Coalition Structure Core is Accessible," Center for Economic Studies - Discussion papers ces0219, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën.
- László Á. Kóczy & Luc Lauwers, 2001. "The Coalition Structure Core is Accessible," Game Theory and Information 0110001, EconWPA, revised 26 Jun 2002.
- Béal, Sylvain & Rémila, Eric & Solal, Philippe, 2010.
"On the number of blocks required to access the core,"
26578, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sylvain Béal & Éric Rémila & Philippe Solal, 2011. "On the Number of Blocks Required to Access the Core," Post-Print halshs-00674426, HAL.
- Sylvain Béal & Éric Rémila & Philippe Solal, 2012. "On the number of blocks required to access the core," Post-Print halshs-00662489, HAL.
- Greenberg, Joseph, 1994. "Coalition structures," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 37, pages 1305-1337 Elsevier.
- Laszlo.A.Koczy, 2005.
"The Core Can Be Accessed with a Bounded Number of Blocks,"
IEHAS Discussion Papers
0512, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Koczy, Laszlo A., 2006. "The core can be accessed with a bounded number of blocks," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 56-64, December.
- Kóczy László Á., 2005. "The Core Can Be Accessed with a Bounded Number of Blocks," Research Memorandum 042, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Sengupta, Abhijit & Sengupta, Kunal, 1994. "Viable Proposals," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(2), pages 347-59, May.
- Yang, Yi-You, 2010. "On the accessibility of the core," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 194-199, May.
- Sengupta, Abhijit & Sengupta, Kunal, 1996. "A Property of the Core," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 266-273, February.
- Robert Aumann, 2010. "Some non-superadditive games, and their Shapley values, in the Talmud," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 3-10, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:29755. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.