Toda and Yamamoto Causality Tests Between Per Capita Saving and Per Capita GDP for India
This paper looks at the relationship between per capita saving and per capita GDP for India using the Toda and Yamamoto tests of Granger causality. Data are for 1950-2004. We distinguish between three types of saving. These are household saving, corporate saving and public saving. The results show that there is no causality between per capita GDP and per capita household saving/per capita corporate saving in either direction. However, there is bi-directional causality between per capita household saving and per capita corporate saving.
|Date of creation:||04 Jan 2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sinha, Dipendra, 1996.
"Saving and economic growth in India,"
18283, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Serena Ng & Pierre Perron, 1997.
"Lag Length Selection and the Construction of Unit Root Tests with Good Size and Power,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
369, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 01 Sep 2000.
- Serena Ng & Pierre Perron, 2001. "LAG Length Selection and the Construction of Unit Root Tests with Good Size and Power," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(6), pages 1519-1554, November.
- Pradeep Agrawal, 2001. "The relation between savings and growth: cointegration and causality evidence from Asia," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(4), pages 499-513.
- Sinha, Dipendra & Sinha, Tapen, 1998. "Cart before the horse? The saving-growth nexus in Mexico," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 43-47, October.
- Stephen Triantis, 1997. "Life cycle theory and the impact of the rate of economic growth on saving," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(11), pages 661-663.
- Toda, Hiro Y. & Yamamoto, Taku, 1995. "Statistical inference in vector autoregressions with possibly integrated processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 225-250.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:2564. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.