Macroeconomic Analysis of Export Diversification in Nigeria
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Loayza, Norman V. & Ranciere, Romain, 2006.
"Financial Development, Financial Fragility, and Growth,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(4), pages 1051-1076, June.
- Norman Loayza & Romain Ranciere, 2002. "Financial Development, Financial Fragility, and Growth," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 145, Central Bank of Chile.
- Norman Loayza & Romain Rancière, 2006. "Financial Development, Financial Fragility, and Growth," Post-Print halshs-00754128, HAL.
- Romain Ranciere & Norman Loayza, 2004. "Financial Development, Financial Fragility and Growth," Working Papers 192, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Norman Loayza & Romain Ranciere, 2002. "Financial Development, Financial Fragility, and Growth," CESifo Working Paper Series 684, CESifo.
- Loayza, Norman & Ranciere, Romain, 2004. "Financial development, financial fragility, and growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3431, The World Bank.
- Mr. Romain Ranciere & Norman Loayza, 2005. "Financial Development, Financial Fragility, and Growth," IMF Working Papers 2005/170, International Monetary Fund.
- Norman Loayza & Romain Rancière, 2004. "Financial development, financial fragility and growth," Economics Working Papers 855, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Prebisch, Raúl, 1950. "The economic development of Latin America and its principal problems," Sede de la CEPAL en Santiago (Estudios e Investigaciones) 29973, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- William F. Maloney, 2002.
"Missed Opportunities: Innovation and Resource-Based Growth in Latin America,"
EconomÃa Journal, The Latin American and Caribbean Economic Association - LACEA, vol. 0(Fall 2002), pages 111-168, August.
- Maloney, William F., 2002. "Missed opportunities - innovation and resource-based growth in Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2935, The World Bank.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Bailey Klinger, 2008.
"South Africa's export predicament,"
The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 16(4), pages 609-637, October.
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Klinger, Bailey, 2006. "South Africa's Export Predicament," Working Paper Series rwp06-040, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Bailey Klinger, 2006. "South Africa’s Export Predicament," CID Working Papers 129, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Serena Ng & Pierre Perron, 2001.
"LAG Length Selection and the Construction of Unit Root Tests with Good Size and Power,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(6), pages 1519-1554, November.
- Serena Ng & Pierre Perron, 1997. "Lag Length Selection and the Construction of Unit Root Tests with Good Size and Power," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 369, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 01 Sep 2000.
- Jean Imbs & Romain Wacziarg, 2003. "Stages of Diversification," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 63-86, March.
- Peter C. B. Phillips & Bruce E. Hansen, 1990. "Statistical Inference in Instrumental Variables Regression with I(1) Processes," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(1), pages 99-125.
- Jean-Claude Berthelémy & Sophie Chauvin, 2000. "Structural Changes in Asia and Growth Prospects After the Crisis," Working Papers 2000-09, CEPII research center.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Zilibotti, Fabrizio, 1997.
"Was Prometheus Unbound by Chance? Risk, Diversification, and Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(4), pages 709-751, August.
- Daron Acemoglu & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 1994. "Was Prometheus unbound by chance? Risk, diversification and growth," Economics Working Papers 98, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Zilibotti, Fabrizio, 1996. "Was Prometheus Unbound by Chance? Risk, Diversification and Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 1426, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sachs, J-D & Warner, A-M, 1995. "Natural Resource Abundance and Economic Growth," Papers 517a, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Bedassa Tadesse & Elias K. Shukralla, 2013. "The impact of foreign direct investment on horizontal export diversification: empirical evidence," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(2), pages 141-159, January.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Amin Gutierrez de Pineres, Sheila & Ferrantino, Michael, 1997. "Export diversification and structural dynamics in the growth process: The case of Chile," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 375-391, April.
- Jean Imbs & Romain Wacziarg, 2003. "Stages of Diversification," Post-Print hal-00612598, HAL.
- Brainard, William C. & Cooper, Richard N., 1968. "Uncertainty and Diversification in International Trade," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute, vol. 8(3), pages 1-29.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Julian di Giovanni & Andrei A. Levchenko, 2006. "Openness, Volatility and the Risk Content of Exports," 2006 Meeting Papers 86, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan & Russell Smyth, 2006. "What Determines Migration Flows From Low-Income To High-Income Countries? An Empirical Investigation Of Fiji-U.S. Migration 1972-2001," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 24(2), pages 332-342, April.
- Ricardo, David, 1821. "On the Principles of Political Economy and Taxation," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, edition 3, number ricardo1821.
- Habiyaremye, Alexis & Ziesemer, Thomas, 2006. "Absorptive Capacity and Export Diversification in Sub-Saharan African Countries," MERIT Working Papers 2006-030, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Perron, Pierre & Vogelsang, Timothy J, 1992.
"Nonstationarity and Level Shifts with an Application to Purchasing Power Parity,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(3), pages 301-320, July.
- Vogelsang, T.I. & Perron, P., 1991. "Nonstationary and Level Shifts With An Application To Purchasing Power Parity," Papers 359, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- Toda, Hiro Y. & Yamamoto, Taku, 1995. "Statistical inference in vector autoregressions with possibly integrated processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 225-250.
- Ricardo N. Bebczuk & Daniel Berrettoni, 2006.
"Explaining Export Diversification: An Empirical Analysis,"
IIE, Working Papers
065, IIE, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Ricardo N. Bebczuk & Daniel Berrettoni, 2006. "Explaining Export Diversification: An Empirical Analysis," Department of Economics, Working Papers 065, Departamento de Economía, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Fiorillo, Fabio, 2001. "Rate of growth and sector specialisation coevolution in a Kaldorian export-led growth model," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 91-114, March.
- Sachs, Jeffrey D. & Warner, Andrew M., 2001. "The curse of natural resources," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 827-838, May.
- Cramer, Christopher, 1999. "Can Africa Industrialize by Processing Primary Commodities? The Case of Mozambican Cashew Nuts," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(7), pages 1247-1266, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Aye Mengistu, Alemu, 2009. "Determinants of Vertical and Horizontal Export Diversification: Evidences from Sub-Saharan Africa and East Asia," Ethiopian Journal of Economics, Ethiopian Economics Association, vol. 17(2), pages 107-107, August.
- Wim Naudé & Riaan Rossouw, 2008. "Export Diversification and Specialization in South Africa: Extent and Impact," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2008-93, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Guan, Jialin & Kirikkaleli, Dervis & Bibi, Ayesha & Zhang, Weike, 2020. "Natural resources rents nexus with financial development in the presence of globalization: Is the “resource curse” exist or myth?," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C).
- Dakpogan, Arnaud & Smit, Eon, 2018. "The effect of electricity losses on GDP in Benin," MPRA Paper 89545, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- NAPO, Fousséni & ADJANDE, Ali Awountchou, 2019. "Diversification des exportations, investissements directs étrangers et croissance économique en Afrique Subsaharienne [Export diversification, foreign direct investment and economic growth in Sub-S," MPRA Paper 95602, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Jun 2019.
- Kyriakos Emmanouilidis & Christos Karpetis, 2020. "The Defense–Growth Nexus: A Review of Time Series Methods and Empirical Results," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(1), pages 86-104, January.
- Chor Foon Tang & Salah Abosedra, 2020. "Does Financial Development Moderate the Effects on Growth Volatility? The Experience of Malaysia," Margin: The Journal of Applied Economic Research, National Council of Applied Economic Research, vol. 14(4), pages 361-381, November.
- Balsalobre-Lorente, Daniel & Bekun, Festus Victor & Etokakpan, Mfonobong Udom & Driha, Oana M., 2019. "A road to enhancements in natural gas use in Iran: A multivariate modelling approach," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C).
- Tursoy, Turgut & Faisal, Faisal, 2018. "The impact of gold and crude oil prices on stock market in Turkey: Empirical evidences from ARDL bounds test and combined cointegration," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 49-54.
- Hailu, Degol & Kipgen, Chinpihoi, 2017. "The Extractives Dependence Index (EDI)," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 251-264.
- Perles-Ribes, José Francisco & Ramón-Rodríguez, Ana Belén & Rubia, Antonio & Moreno-Izquierdo, Luis, 2017. "Is the tourism-led growth hypothesis valid after the global economic and financial crisis? The case of Spain 1957–2014," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 96-109.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Mete Feridun, 2012.
"Electricity consumption and economic growth empirical evidence from Pakistan,"
Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 46(5), pages 1583-1599, August.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Feridun, Mete, 2012. "Electricity consumption and economic growth empirical evidence from Pakistan," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 8517, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Sulaiman, Saidu & Masih, Mansur, 2017. "Is liberalizing finance the game in town for Nigeria ?," MPRA Paper 95569, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yu Ri Kim, 2019. "Does aid for trade diversify the export structure of recipient countries?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(9), pages 2684-2722, September.
- Michieka, Nyakundi M. & Gearhart, Richard S., 2018. "Resource curse? The case of Kern County," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 446-459.
- Faisal Faisal & Ruqiya Pervaiz & Nesrin Ozatac & Turgut Tursoy, 2021. "Exploring the relationship between carbon dioxide emissions, urbanisation and financial deepening for Turkey using the symmetric and asymmetric causality approaches," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 23(12), pages 17374-17402, December.
- Shahzad, Syed Jawad Hussain & Kumar, Ronald Ravinesh & Zakaria, Muhammad & Hurr, Maryam, 2017. "Carbon emission, energy consumption, trade openness and financial development in Pakistan: A revisit," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 185-192.
- Al-Mulali, Usama & Ozturk, Ilhan, 2014. "Are energy conservation policies effective without harming economic growth in the Gulf Cooperation Council countries?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 639-650.
- Dalila NICET- CHENAF (GREThA-GRES) & Eric ROUGIER (GREThA-GRES), 2008.
"Recent exports matter: export discoveries, FDI and Growth, an empirical assessment for MENA countries,"
Cahiers du GRES (2002-2009)
2008-17, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Dalila NICET- CHENAF & Eric ROUGIER, 2008. "Recent exports matter: export discoveries, FDI and Growth, an empirical assessment for MENA countries," Cahiers du GREThA (2007-2019) 2008-22, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée (GREThA).
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Ramzi Benkraiem & Anthony Miloudi & Aviral Kumar Tiwari, 2019.
"Tourism-induced financial development in Malaysia: New evidence from the tourism development index,"
Tourism Economics, , vol. 25(5), pages 757-778, August.
- Shahbaz Muhammad & Ramzi Benkraiem & Anthony Miloudi & Aviral Kumar Tiwari, 2019. "Tourism-induced financial development in Malaysia: New evidence from the tourism development index," Post-Print hal-02182288, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsAutoregressive Distributed Lag Model; Export Diversification; Extensive and Intensive Margins; Macroeconomic Variables; Theil Index;
All these keywords.
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
- F40 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - General
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:empecr:0014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sbumtpk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sidra Raza (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sbumtpk.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.