Is export diversification the best way to achieve export growth and stability? A look at three African countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Takamasa Akiyama & Larson, Donald F., 1989. "Recent trends and prospects for agricultural commodity exports in sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 348, The World Bank.
- Glezakos, Constantine, 1973. "Export Instability and Economic Growth: A Statistical Verification," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(4), pages 670-678, Part I Ju.
- Knudsen, Odin & Nash, John, 1990. "Domestic Price Stabilization Schemes in Developing Countries," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 38(3), pages 539-558, April.
- Svedberg, Peter, 1991. "The Export Performance of Sub-Saharan Africa," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39(3), pages 549-566, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ayenew, Habtamu Yesigat & Sauer, Johannes & Abate-Kassa, Getachew, 2015.
"Expossure To Risk And Risk Management In Smallholder Agriculture,"
55th Annual Conference, Giessen, Germany, September 23-25, 2015
209211, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Ayenew, Habtamu Yesigat & Sauer, Johannes & Abate-Kassa, Getachew, 2015. "On Smallholder Farmers' Exposure to Risk and Adaptation Mechanisms: Panel Data Evidence from Ethiopia," 89th Annual Conference, April 13-15, 2015, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 204223, Agricultural Economics Society.
- AM. Pinna & V. Licio, 2013. "The European firms' export activity to the neighbouring countries," Working Paper CRENoS 201321, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Pascal Monier, 1998. "Ajustement structurel et modification de la structure d'exportations primaires des pays en développement," Revue Tiers Monde, Programme National Persée, vol. 39(156), pages 793-817.
- Maha Khan & Uzma Afzal, 2016. "The Diversification and Sophistication of Pakistan’s Exports: The Need for Structural Transformation," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 21(Special E), pages 99-127, September.
- Alberto Amurgo-Pacheco, Martha Denisse Pierola, 2007.
"Patterns of export diversification in developing countries: intensive and extensive margins,"
IHEID Working Papers
20-2007, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies, revised Jul 2007.
- Amurgo-Pacheco, Alberto & Pierola, Martha Denisse, 2008. "Patterns of export diversification in developing countries : intensive and extensive margins," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4473, The World Bank.
- Michael Jetter & Andrés Ramírez Hassan, 2013. "The roots of export diversification," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO CIEF 010600, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT.
- Ayenew, Habtamu Yesigat & Sauer, Johannes & Abate-Kassa, Getachew, 2016. "Rural Non-Farm Sector, Agricultural Self-Employment And Wage Employment In Agricultural Households: The Implications For Income And Risk In Rural Ethiopia," 56th Annual Conference, Bonn, Germany, September 28-30, 2016 244809, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Nicat Hagverdiyev & Ceyhun Mikayilov & Sabuhi Yusifov, 2016. "Estimation of the Impacts of Non-Oil Traditional and NonTraditional Export Sectors on Non-Oil Export of Azerbaijan," Academic Journal of Economic Studies, Faculty of Finance, Banking and Accountancy Bucharest,"Dimitrie Cantemir" Christian University Bucharest, vol. 2(4), pages 77-89, December.
- Hinlo, Jennifer E. & Arranguez, Grace Ivy S., 2017. "Export Geographical Diversification and Economic Growth Among ASEAN Countries," MPRA Paper 81333, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Coelli, Tim & Fleming, Euan, 2004.
"Diversification economies and specialisation efficiencies in a mixed food and coffee smallholder farming system in Papua New Guinea,"
Blackwell, pages 229-239.
- Coelli, Tim J. & Fleming, Euan M., 2003. "Diversification Economies And Specialisation Efficiencies In A Mixed Food And Coffee Smallholder Farming System In Papua New Guinea," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25841, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- K. Dimitris & AM. Pinna, 2013. "Trade activity between the EU and its neighboring countries: Trends and potential," Working Paper CRENoS 201320, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Aye Mengistu, Alemu, 2008. "Determinants of Vertical and Horizontal Export Diversification: Evidences from Sub-Saharan Africa and East Asia," Ethiopian Journal of Economics, Ethiopian Economics Association, vol. 17(2).
- Mekhora, Thamrong & Fleming, Euan M., 2004. "An Analysis of Scope Economies and Specialisation Efficiencies Among Thai Shrimp and Rice Smallholders," Working Papers 12914, University of New England, School of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic Theory&Research; Airports and Air Services; Achieving Shared Growth; Water Resources Assessment; Crops&Crop Management Systems;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:729. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .