Cart before the horse? The saving-growth nexus in Mexico
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Maddison, Angus, 1992. " A Long-Run Perspective on Saving," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(2), pages 181-196.
- Tullio Jappelli & Marco Pagano, 1997. "The Determinants of Savings: Lessons from Italy," Research Department Publications 3012, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Djeto Assane & Abbas Grammy, 2003. "An assessment of the growth and inequality causality relationship," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(14), pages 871-873.
- Badinger, Harald & Tondl, Gabriele, 2002.
"Trade, human capital and innovation: The engines of European regional growth in the 1990s,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa02p043, European Regional Science Association.
- Gabriele Tondl, 2002. "Trade, Human Capital and Innovation: The Engines of European Regional Growth in the 1990s," Computing in Economics and Finance 2002 237, Society for Computational Economics.
- Sinha, Dipendra & Sinha, Tapen, 2007. "Toda and Yamamoto Causality Tests Between Per Capita Saving and Per Capita GDP for India," MPRA Paper 2564, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tang, Chor Foon & Tan, Bee Wah, 2014. "A revalidation of the savings–growth nexus in Pakistan," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 370-377.
- László Kónya, 2004.
"Saving and Growth: Granger Causality Analysis with Bootstrapping on Panels of Countries,"
2004.02, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- László Kónya, 2004. "Saving and Growth: Granger Causality Analysis with Bootstrapping on Panels of Countries," Working Papers 2004.02, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Piotr Misztal, 2011. "The Relationship Between Savings And Economic Growth In Countries With Different Level Of Economic Development," "e-Finanse", University of Information Technology and Management, Institute of Financial Research and Analysis, vol. 7(2), pages 17-29, August.
- Ramesh Mohan, 2006. "Causal Relationship Between Savings And Economic Growth In Countries With Different Income Levels," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 5(3), pages 1-12.
- Odhiambo, Nicholas M., 2009. "Savings and economic growth in South Africa: A multivariate causality test," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 708-718, September.
- Dipendra Sinha & Tapen Sinha, 2008.
"Relationships among household saving, public saving, corporate saving and economic growth in India,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(2), pages 181-186.
- Sinha, Dipendra & Sinha, Tapen, 2007. "Relationships among Household Saving, Public Saving, Corporate Saving and Economic Growth in India," MPRA Paper 2597, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:5:y:2006:i:3:p:1-12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andersson, Björn, 1999. "On the Causality Between Saving and Growth: Long- and Short-Run Dynamics and Country Heterogeneity," Working Paper Series 1999:18, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Masih, Rumi & Peters, Sanjay, 2010. "A revisitation of the savings-growth nexus in Mexico," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 107(3), pages 318-320, June.
- Abbas Ali Chandio & Feng Wei & Jiang Yuansheng, 2015. "Role of savings in economic growth of Pakistan," Asian Journal of Empirical Research, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 5(12), pages 243-251, December.
- Bassam AbuAl-Foul, "undated". "The Causal Relation between Savings and Economic Growth: An Empirical Analysis," Economics Working Papers 06-05/2015, School of Business Administration, American University of Sharjah.
- Chor Foon Tang & Soo Y. Chua, 2012. "The savings-growth nexus for the Malaysian economy: a view through rolling sub-samples," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(32), pages 4173-4185, November.
- Yilmaz BAYAR, 2014. "Savings, Foreign Direct Investment Inflows and Economic Growth in Emerging Asian Economies," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(8), pages 1106-1122, August.
- Miguel Székely & Pamela Mendoza & Jonathan Karver, 2015. "Understanding Domestic Saving in Latin America and the Caribbean: The Case of Mexico," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 7278, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Abdelhafidh, Samir, 2013. "Potential financing sources of investment and economic growth in North African countries: A causality analysis," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 150-169.
- Maite Alguacil & Ana Cuadros & Vicente Orts, 2004. "Does saving really matter for growth? Mexico (1970-2000)," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(2), pages 281-290.
- Tang, Chor Foon, 2009. "Does causality technique matter to savings-growth nexus in Malaysia?," MPRA Paper 38535, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Baharumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi & Thanoon, Marwan A. & Rashid, Salim, 2003. "Saving dynamics in the Asian countries," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 827-845, January.
- Miguel Székely & Pamela Mendoza & Jonathan Karver, 2015. "Understanding Domestic Saving in Latin America and the Caribbean: The Case of Mexico," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 91476, Inter-American Development Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:61:y:1998:i:1:p:43-47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.